Dark Veil 3

I stagger forward a few steps, then spin back around to face her. Dammit!
I come at her again, this time skirting around the outside to come a her from a different angle.

As she strikes, I dodge by moving my body out of reach at different angles. "Now remember what I taught you about blocking." I call at her and go to punch her face, hoping she will block it.

"You didn't teach me anything about blocking, you dodged my punches and punched me in the face!" I cry, trying to sidestep out of the way in time.

"Didn't you watch me at all!" I shout, getting impatient. "I had to learn in the freezing cold by a trainer who taught me by striking me then waiting for me to read his moves and adapt!" My punch slightly scrapes her face. "Good, but not good enough." I swipe for her legs.

"Well sorry if I don't meet your expectations after an hour of fighting! That's not long enough to actually learn something properly!" I shout, jumping out of the way before she hits my legs.

She dodges and I let her catch her breath, backing away briefly. "Learning the hard was is the best way. Suck it up." I notice Shady throw her daggers and I bend backwards into a crab and they fly over me.

Last edited:
"This is ridiculous. Hard way or otherwise, you can't expect me to be able to do everything you ask in such a short time."

"I did. So can you. I killed my first man at eight. I am sure you can at least knock me off my feet." I tackle her to the ground.

"Sorry we can't all be amazing psychopath killers like that then! You've had years of practise at this, and you expect me to be able to take you on?!" I shout, not even bothering to resist her tackling me to the floor any more.

Last edited:
In genuine anger, I punch her across the face. "I never had years of practise when my trainer took me in after I killed my entire family. Stop whining like a baby and hit me! HIT ME!" I punch her again in rage.

Last edited:
"No, this is ridiculous!" I protest, and just stay there and take the punches instead of punching back. "This is ridiculous, you're ridiculous!"

Last edited:
I bite my lip in anger. "I'm not ridiculus! Don't say that! I was trained like this, and so should you! I just want to make sure you guys are safe!" I go to strike her again but Shady pulls me off her.
(Jessica wants me to take Shady while she is gone) "Stop it! What's your problem!?"

Last edited:
"Punching us over and over again does not equate to making sure we're safe!" I shout, struggling to get up when Shady pulls Alex away.

"Maybe if you actually guard, we would learn something!" I shout, tears in my eyes forming from my anger and memories coming back.

"I've always fought armed, weapons vs weapons. I can't just suddenly switch over and learn how to guard against hand to hand combat in a day!"

"Then I improvise with what's around me. I'll never learn anything just my being punched, if anything that would just weaken me, then I'd be screwed over when we have to fight!"

I wriggle free from Shady. "You learn a lot from being hit! Believe me I know! Now stop whining, I learnt this way and if you don't want my help, fine, just be prepared when you get in a real fight!"
(And James is just sitting alone in a room full of rubbish, I would like to get him moving or found so I can do something with him XD)

The fighting irritates me so much that I unwillingly create a ring of fire around Shady, Alex, and Willow. "What is wrong with all of you? Why can't you just get along and start working as a team? Is this seriously how we're going to be doing this?" I stop and exit the sewer, going back to the apartment.

I go to check on the man I saved earlier. I knock on the door, hoping for an answer.

Back