• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Datamine Summer Speculation

I would say (and completely speculate) that Nintendo is most likely saving any larger updates for E3. That's probably where we'll hear of a 2.0 update.

I do still think Brewster is coming, and I foresee them adding things like growing other foods/making drinks eventually (which were still in the older datamines)

Because of the nature of the game and how its been updated, its hard to say what's coming because *anything* could be coming.

I’d trust youtubers about as well as I trust Redd. Videos like this are why people have wild expectations of what acnh should be.
Me too, let's not just follow what switchforce says. It could be a troll as Brewster was hinted in 2020 yet, he hasn't appeared yet. And let's not forget how some YouTubers like to lie about things just for views. I'd say, wait for the monthly trailers before we jump to conclusions.

Me too, let's not just follow what switchforce says. It could be a troll as Brewster was hinted in 2020 yet, he hasn't appeared yet. And let's not forget how some YouTubers like to lie about things just for views. I'd say, wait for the monthly trailers before we jump to conclusions.

Yep. It's funny how most of his videos have titles like: "NEW UPDATE BLEW MY MIND" and then the video is just him speculating about upcoming updates... :unsure:

Tbh like others here have said I don’t really find Switchforce reliable so I wouldn’t get too excited about anything he says. I also find him annoying so I never watch his videos anyway lol
I don't even know who he is, but just the way the video started gave me vibes that he was just in it for the views and would be unreliable.

Guys guys! New data-mine blew my mind! You can equip crossbows now.

I would deffenatly expand my island but if it came from switch force just a pipe dream. Personally hate datamine blowers, think their why most people are upset about updates. Most of what they mine never happens and they blow the stuff that does so out of proportion that everyone gets upset. Remember the farming that ended up being pumpkins.

The only thing I’m sure of is that Brewster is coming back in the museum. You should watch Mayor Mori channel or Crossing Channel, they both are really informative and the info is trustable.

The only thing I’m sure of is that Brewster is coming back in the museum. You should watch Mayor Mori channel or Crossing Channel, they both are really informative and the info is trustable.
I do watch them however, they tend to speculate a lot too giving what they saw in the datamines themselves. I know Crossing Channel admit that the talk about "Brewster" was getting old so he decided to slow down on it. Which I can't blame him because it was starting to get tiring discussing. I mean I have nothing against Brewster coming back, but its like every update whenever there is a trailer or new update its always about Brewster.

I don't trust these types of videos. Considering they are mostly exaggeration, clickbait, speculation, misinterpretation of facts, and often just a wishlist.

Unfortunately, even some info posted by Dodocodes were misinterpretations of what the actual dataminers have said and still posted on their site.

Clickbait YouTubers put stuff like this in their thumbnails without a second thought and expect their audience to believe it’s real.😜
BAB30AAF-191A-4542-A0B0-15D281682566.jpeg

In the past I have watched a video or two by this guy just to see exactly how wrong he is. He's presenting speculation as fact and playing into what his viewers want to hear. Can't bring myself to click it anymore.

I feel like a lot of the misinformation/misinterpretation on dodocodes was actually rather similar. As soon as an update hits dataminers start looking at what changed and trying to guess what that means, and dodocodes immediately copies these guesses to their site where it's read as facts when it's all just very early speculation. It doesn't help when youtubers immediately start spreading that information as facts, either.

In both cases, it's just sensational information released as hastily as possible because people will look at that, I suppose.

Personally I have good hopes for the cafe since that word popped up in the code again, but it guarantees us exactly nothing. :)

I don't trust these types of videos. Considering they are mostly exaggeration, clickbait, speculation, misinterpretation of facts, and often just a wishlist.

Unfortunately, even some info posted by Dodocodes were misinterpretations of what the actual dataminers have said and still posted on their site.
You are the only one I trust lol

Nope, not even going to watch the video because I hate when people make videos like this. You're just getting people's hopes up massively for the next update, and then they are going to be extremely disappointed and sad if those things don't actually happen.. Which they probably won't.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Videos like these are usually just super clickbaity and never have anything that's actually true in them. I'm just going to patiently wait for the next update and avoid these stupid videos at all costs.

Let me clarify what is actually in the datamine at the same time quoting the dataminers themselves. This will be technical so I apologize. Also please don't ask me about these. I'm not a dataminer and I am interpreting these info as best as I can so we can all understand.

Evidence of fence cutomization:
- mRemakeFence and mRemakeFenceScale were added to the bymls. "Remake" indicates customization.

Confusion regarding the Museum "3rd floor":
- This is a confusion. It would be another museum upgrade, not necessarily a floor.

Evidence of cafe:
- IdrMuseumEnt03 and IdrMuseumCafe are now in the indoor camera params.

Brewster:
- Brewster has an updated param. His NameWithTitle value went from 0 to 1. Not sure what this does exactly.

New unused tool strings:
- SpnR (SpanneR), DStk (DishStack), GlDr (Glass Drink), Cnut (Coconut), Pitc (Pitcher), Trwl (Trowel), STWN, CoCa, TaDr, and SnBa. The last 4 strings are currently unidentified. But to put it simply, these are basically objects that villagers & NPCs can hold.

"Business Mode":
- There's a dummy code in the wardrobe eventflow for "BusinessMode" ( flow DummyDemo_BusinessMode ). Currently unused, but I believe this points to villagers changing to specific outfits.
- My speculation: From the previous update, some of you might remember me posting something about villagers wearing hospital, school and swimming gear found in the code. It might be related to this. Additionally, with the evidence of the cafe, the unused tool strings, and this one, I have a theory that villagers may be having part-time jobs such as working on a cafe or being a mechanic, gardener, etc. Or they simply are given more activities.

New cooking related stuff:
- CookingRecipeID was removed from ItemParam, and CaptureCookingIcon was added. mFoodPowerN and mFoodPowerT are in the bymls. Currently unknown what this does.

Clarification regarding the "5,000+ unfinished but unreleased items" I initially posted:
- 5000 is about the number of unused item ID numbers in ItemParam. It's not the number of finished but unreleased items. It's not the number of items they're gonna eventually add into the game. It's just the number of items that had an ID at some point, and didn't end up in the game for one reason or another.

No, there are no words regarding Kapp'n and other missing NPCs, new islands, gyroids and other missing items returning.

There you have it.

Last edited:
I feel tbh this is probably the last most reasonable chance for nintendo to drop some major new content outside of the drip-feeding they've been doing

mainly because of e3 happening, so they could use the demo showroom to show off all the changes to players. kinda like when they demo'd the game pre-release. plus the annual e3 direct would likely be a bigger draw to try and grab more people (back) in than usual

so that's my bit of speculation. that it's now e3 or bust
Post automatically merged:

Clickbait YouTubers put stuff like this in their thumbnails without a second thought and expect their audience to believe it’s real.😜
call of duty: island warfare

or maybe grand theft animals

Last edited:
Just the description of the video sounds too good to be true. But because I saw it on YouTube I made a trip here to see what's up and if I judged NH too prematurely.

Back