Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
*trevor said:
d7crab said:
*trevor said:
d7crab said:
What is the point of keeping someone alive who not only contributes nothing useful to society, but instead kills/traumatizes others? I like the idea of eye for eye penalty but only if there were thorough investigations and DNA evidence.
Shari'a Law in the USA, baby!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia
tl:dr-????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qisas

Eye for an eye is an archaic ideal, in my humble opinion. I believe Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
I thought that was Hammurabi's ideology? Either way it wouldn't be effective in today's society.

PurpleHeart said:
Why does everyone think the little kids dont have the right to say things? Most of us are smart enough to see the life we live in.
It's not little kids, it's stupid people.
In all your posts you make obscure references, have poor grammar, and lack evidence or the ability to create a relevent hypothetical situation to back your claims up.

In the post you made before this, you said 'I amnt even gonna say nothin' never once in all my existence [past age 7] have I used such poor grammar.

That is why we want you to eff off.

PurpleHeart said:
Why does everyone think the little kids dont have the right to say things? Most of us are smart enough to see the life we live in.
Because with more experience you have more knowledge and understanding. And you're more likely to have more experience when you're older. That's why they say respect your elders.
I know for a fact that someone like *trevor on the forum is going to have more knowledge or understanding about a topic then me most of time. Why? Because he's older and more experienced with life.

Jas0n said:
*trevor said:
PurpleHeart said:
Please, point out to me one instance where I said you have no right to state your opinion.

Jason's just being an *censored.1.3*.
Oh, I think she has a right to state her opinion, whether it's valid is another story.
She asked you why little kids don't have the right to say things, and you gave an answer. I'd say that's you saying she doesn't have the right.

Muffun said:
*trevor said:
d7crab said:
*trevor said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia
tl:dr-????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qisas

Eye for an eye is an archaic ideal, in my humble opinion. I believe Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
I thought that was Hammurabi's ideology? Either way it wouldn't be effective in today's society.
Yes, it started with his code of laws. But the only place you really see it in effect in modern times is countries with Shari'a Law.

Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:
In all your posts you make obscure references, have poor grammar, and lack evidence or the ability to create a relevent hypothetical situation to back your claims up.

In the post you made before this, you said 'I amnt even gonna say nothin' never once in all my existence [past age 7] have I used such poor grammar.

i was typing fast. The internet dont care of how we write. Only school cuz they grade you on it

lol @ this topic on teebeetee.

I think an eye for an eye is a good way to punish people, but i guess there's that other saying that it only leaves us all blind.

and fyi 13 year old, or whatever, you don't have as much experience as someone older than you, no matter what your parents told you. you can't be taught life experiences. you have to experience them.

if you are more experienced than a person older than you, congratulations. you still aren't going to have as much experience as a good majority of people older than you.

deal with it.

edit: lol mino posted it like five posts ago. i really added to this thread.

*trevor said:
Jas0n said:
*trevor said:
PurpleHeart said:
Please, point out to me one instance where I said you have no right to state your opinion.

Jason's just being an *censored.1.3*.
Oh, I think she has a right to state her opinion, whether it's valid is another story.
She asked you why little kids don't have the right to say things, and you gave an answer. I'd say that's you saying she doesn't have the right.
She can say things all she wants bit it really, really helps her cause if the things she comes out with make sense.

Pally said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
Yes. You're taking justice into your own hands, which is an action that our society attempts to make unnecessary. On top of that, the justice system, assuming that it did hand down the death sentence for a murder with extenuating circumstances, would be taking the life of a murderer. You would have not.
But at the end of the day if we forget all labels (murderer, victim, judge)
What has happened? Two people have lost their lives. Is that a right thing?
I feel like you guys missed my post. ;__;
I'M BUSY.

I thought the fundamental question here was whether or not it's right to take the life of someone in retaliation for a crime, not whether two dead people is worse than one.

I support the death penalty because I find it more humane than life in prison. The way I view it, you're not eliminating the fact that they'll die, they just get to spend 40+ years waiting for it, prolonging their suffering.. People say prisoners are like animals, but at least animals have more space to move around.

PurpleHeart said:
Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:

i was typing fast. The internet dont care of how we write. Only school cuz they grade you on it
Actually, many people on the internet want others to type properly, a few people being on this forum.

PurpleHeart said:
Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:

I beg to differ.

*trevor said:
Pally said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
But at the end of the day if we forget all labels (murderer, victim, judge)
What has happened? Two people have lost their lives. Is that a right thing?
I'M BUSY.

I thought the fundamental question here was whether or not it's right to take the life of someone in retaliation for a crime, not whether two dead people is worse than one.
That's what I'm asking D:
Stop misinterpretating me maaayn ;_;
I am still asking is it right to take someone's life away.

Alright people. Let's lay off of PurpleHeart. Kay-ryst. None of us are much older than her, really. It's not so much a matter of experience as it is a matter of exposure, anyways. I think we can all agree that we have a long way to go in life at our age.

Also, I was 13 when I joined TBT. So quit being jerks.

Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
Pally said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeople have lost their lives. Is that a right thing?
I'M BUSY.

Yes, if that person has done something to deserve it. But I don't want the death penalty to be legal.

PurpleHeart said:
Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:

If you're here attempting to take part in an intelligent discussion you should talk like an intelligent person. No-one else in here used bad grammar did they???

And also, based on your contribution to the discussion, you get an E- from me.

*trevor said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeople
I'M BUSY.

Yes, if that person has done something to deserve it. But I don't want the death penalty to be legal.
It's right to take someone's life away if the person deserves it.
VS.
It's wrong to take anyone's life away no matter what.

Two different view points. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from. But I'll stick to my view point.~

Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeople
It's right to take someone's life away if the person deserves it.
VS.
It's wrong to take anyone's life away no matter what.

Two different view points. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from. But I'll stick to my view point.~
Well you can simplify it further:

Is it or is it not inherently wrong to take someone's life?

Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:
Ciaran said:
PurpleHeart said:

If you're here attempting to take part in an intelligent discussion you should talk like an intelligent person. No-one else in here used bad grammar did they???

And also, based on your contribution to the discussion, you get an E- from me.
I wouldnt be talking when i was reading some of your posts you spelled stuff wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back