Delectable Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pennifer's event entry:
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 652
I made the delicious Animal Crossing Carrot Cake too!
IMG_0230.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpegIMG_1704.png
IMG_0222.jpeg
/SPOILER]

Hi I wanted to try making the mixed fruits sandwich but wanted to confirm that this would count as a dessert item. fwiw it's a whipped cream and fruits sandwich so i feel like it's giving dessert... but just wanted to double check
1000025857.png

You got mail!'s event entry:
  • IMG_8842.jpeg
    IMG_8842.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
ocNPGp5.jpeg
Order up! Happy looking chocolate chip pancake faces that are all about celebrating TBT’s 20th birthday! (One of them has Nutella hair!) I wrote 20 on the side of them and think of the sprinkles like confetti! The eyes are edible eye candy. Excuse my terrible cooking, tried my best haha

(I noticed it said to attach the image and mark it as your entry but I didn’t see the option cause it said the image file size is too large)

Attachments

• IMG_8842.jpeg
    IMG_8842.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Rules Clarification New
hi! I have a question, can I collab with my sibling who is also a TBT user?
You won't be able to submit one item and both receive tickets for it, if that's what you're asking. You would each need to submit a separate dessert in order to both receive the rewards.

If one of you is unable to cook without assistance or supervision, then I don't mind if you help each other in that way. However, each of you should come up with your own concept and execute as much of the decoration on your own as possible. If your concepts carry over from one dessert to the other, that's fine, but each entry should be able to stand on its own merit and will be judged individually.
Do animal crossing in game recipes count as animal crossing related? I saw it mentioned that for the simpler recipes we want to add something else to make it more unique. Just wan't sure if one of the dessert recipes count as animal crossing themed enough or not
Yes, I will accept in game recipes as being Animal Crossing related. I'll update the rules/FAQs section when I get time, but for now I'll state this here.
  • If you use an in game recipe, please link a reference photo from the game or wiki. I believe everyone who has posted so far has done that and it's very helpful.
  • If the recipe is rather small and plain (things like the jellies or scones), please add something to give it a stronger link to the game or TBT.
  • Remember that these will be judged for staff favorites. No matter how much I might wish it were so, we can't taste them so presentation matters.
Hi I wanted to try making the mixed fruits sandwich but wanted to confirm that this would count as a dessert item. fwiw it's a whipped cream and fruits sandwich so i feel like it's giving dessert... but just wanted to double check
View attachment 577935
Yes, whipped cream and fruit definitely puts it in the desserts category for me! I've always wanted to try one of these.

You won't be able to submit one item and both receive tickets for it, if that's what you're asking. You would each need to submit a separate dessert in order to both receive the rewards.
Oh, no, yeah! We were each going to make our own! But okay- just making sure... we can make the same type of dessert and in terms of concept, but we will have to make it separately so it can be it's own entry. Is this right?

Oh, no, yeah! We were each going to make our own! But okay- just making sure... we can make the same type of dessert and in terms of concept, but we will have to make it separately so it can be it's own entry. Is this right?
That's correct. It's difficult to be more detailed when I don't know exactly what you have in mind, but there can be similarities as long as you each make your own desserts.

Just curious, would kits like Popin Cookin, etc. be accepted in Delectable Delights as long as I modify them to fit one of the themes, or not?

xSuperMario64x's event entry:
  • 20240813_103123.jpg
    20240813_103123.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 83
it's not the prettiest cake, but I can guarantee that it's tasty hehehe 😋🍰
20240813_103111.jpg

20240813_103123.jpg
realized after the fact that we can't use non-edible items, but I did initially put some candles on the cake hehe
20240813_102834.jpg

(also I hope we didn't need progress photos bc I didn't take any and I didn't see it in the rules but I see people posting progress photos hfjshgddj)

amemome's event entry:
  • 1000025907.jpg
    1000025907.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 1000025906.jpg
    1000025906.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 320
I made the mixed-fruits sandwich!
1000025906.jpg

From the game:
1000025857.png

Namecard pic:
1000025907.jpg

Process pics:
day 1:
1000025870.jpg

washing and drying fruit

1000025874.jpg

cutting peaches

1000025871.jpg

chilling whipped cream

1000025876.jpg

hand whipping cream (ouch my arm)

1000025875.jpg

assembling sandwich

1000025873.jpg

wrapping sandwich and marking cut line

(into the fridge under two plates to press)

day 2:
1000025909.jpg

making cool toothpicks

1000025908.jpg

removing crusts

1000025910.jpg

checking cross section

Last edited:
Asarena's event entry:
  • IMG_5977.jpeg
    IMG_5977.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 296
I made an Animal Crossing cherry blossom tree using strawberry ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and some sprinkles! The little bits of strawberry ice cream are falling petals. I tried to etch some details in, but the ice cream was actively melting, so I was a bit rushed. The yellow sprinkles are supposed to be like the flower centers~

IMG_5977.jpeg

my ingrediants are on the way to my house, cant wait to actually try my plan
If i organise myself right, I might do it on the weekend. :D Loving everyones snacks already, hope they were all tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back