Delectable Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't be able to submit one item and both receive tickets for it, if that's what you're asking. You would each need to submit a separate dessert in order to both receive the rewards.

If one of you is unable to cook without assistance or supervision, then I don't mind if you help each other in that way. However, each of you should come up with your own concept and execute as much of the decoration on your own as possible. If your concepts carry over from one dessert to the other, that's fine, but each entry should be able to stand on its own merit and will be judged individually.

Yes, I will accept in game recipes as being Animal Crossing related. I'll update the rules/FAQs section when I get time, but for now I'll state this here.
  • If you use an in game recipe, please link a reference photo from the game or wiki. I believe everyone who has posted so far has done that and it's very helpful.
  • If the recipe is rather small and plain (things like the jellies or scones), please add something to give it a stronger link to the game or TBT.
  • Remember that these will be judged for staff favorites. No matter how much I might wish it were so, we can't taste them so presentation matters.

Yes, whipped cream and fruit definitely puts it in the desserts category for me! I've always wanted to try one of these.

If we make something from the game, does it have to look exactly like the in game image. I want to make the coconut pancakes but to put that amount of what is probably condensed milk + coconut milk looks disgusting to match the in game image

azurill's event entry:
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 605
I made salted caramel brownies

IMG_7568.jpeg

IMG_7545.jpeg

Edit because I forgot to check the picture

Last edited:
If we make something from the game, does it have to look exactly like the in game image. I want to make the coconut pancakes but to put that amount of what is probably condensed milk + coconut milk looks disgusting to match the in game image
No, it does not need to be an exact replica. You can use the in game recipe as a reference point, but still make changes to make it your own.

Just curious, would kits like Popin Cookin, etc. be accepted in Delectable Delights as long as I modify them to fit one of the themes, or not?
Hi @Suguri! I looked into these and as far as I can tell they are similar to other pre-packaged mixes which are acceptable. So this would be fine as long as it fits the theme. ☺️

Also, just an FYI to everyone...I hope to start accepting your entries by tomorrow. I've been having a nightmare of a week at work. But I've still been scrolling through, and if anything jumped out at me as questionable I would have contacted you. I'll look through the entries in more detail when I have time to accept them.

DaCoSim's event entry:
  • IMG_6486.jpeg
    IMG_6486.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 381
So I LUV pumpkin recipes. I decided to make pumpkin muffins for the party. I’m a little conflicted with the new horizons recipe though as I’m fairly certain there are more ingredients needed than listed…

IMG_6480.jpeg

I went ahead and added a couple of eggs and a little bit of oil to the recipe and then once I had everything all mixed, I added some chocolate chips because chocolate chip pumpkin muffins sounded delicious!!!

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6479.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alolan_Apples's event entry:
  • IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 327
As part of the 20th Anniversary Celebration, I made a replica of a TBT Collectible - the Pumpkin Cupcake.

IMG_2421.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

Since they’re made for the party, there’s no need to charge TBT Bells for this real-life collectible.

1718023697326-png.568990

LambdaDelta's event entry:
  • 20240815_164002.jpg
    20240815_164002.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 337
I made some villager animal head shaped giant sugar cookies (plus a small present with a bit of excess dough at the end)

20240815_164002.jpg

don't have anything to decorate with, and am currently in a very "not spending if I can help it" mode, so these are just simple handmade shapes

(if anyone's unsure, left-to-right, the species are: rabbit, dog, cat, cub, frog)

Chibi.Hoshi's event entry:
  • delectable-delights_entry.jpg
    delectable-delights_entry.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 284

I made chocolate and almond butter brownies, topped with the iconic "leaf" from Animal Crossing.
I know it doesn’t quite capture the uh... "essence" of the leaf, but hey, I gave it a shot! 😂

delectable-delights_entry.jpg

ac-leaf_ref.png

Princess Mipha's event entry:
  • 20240816_094018.jpg
    20240816_094018.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 277
✨Celeste Cookie with Star Fragments✨
Anyone ordered some sweet cookies?
Best of all? Everything is perfectly edible!

20240816_094018.jpg

20240816_094042.jpg

Made the lineart with an edible black pen
20240814_221638.jpg

2:30AM and it's done.. I needed some sleep after that!
20240816_011444.jpg

It's a sugar cookie!
20240816_094122.jpg

Airysuit's event entry:
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 266
I made a Merengue Parfait 🥰 Looks cute, but tastes delicious too!🍓🍦🦏

IMG_0183.jpeg

Im so bad at 3d stuff, but im still pretty pleased with how it came out :)

Drew this when I was brainstorming ideas, unfortunately it looks better than the actual result 🥲 its cute tho
IMG_0182.jpeg

Ingredients
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-16 at 13.47.28.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-16 at 13.47.27.jpeg

-Blue-'s event entry:
  • MiddleGood.jpg
    MiddleGood.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
MiddleGood.jpg

The Dehydrated Island Package
For my entry I dehydrated a lot of different fruit and vegetables. Almost all of this was grown by me. I thought it fitting to dehydrate the main staple fruit of Animal Crossing and give them their own lazy-susan serving tray. From top going to left, there's cherries, peaches, pears, apples, and oranges.

In the middle are full apple slices that have been cored and marinated in a cinnamon sugar glaze before being dehydrated. On the left platter from top to bottom are watermelon, cucumber chips, blueberries, and tomatoes.

It has something for everyone. Something sweet, something savory, and something in between! If you're looking for a healthy snack to bring to a party, look no further than straight from you garden.

I have never done this before. It was a learning process. And very fun to see how things would turn out. Like who would imagine that watermelon would dehydrate into a healthy tasting fruit-roll up. I sure didn't! But dang they taste so good. And the first few bites of some of the dehydrated fruit is dry, but as you chew it, the flavor is drawn out tenfold. It all tasted so good and it's healthy to. Omg the cherries taste amazing, but look at this timer for the cherries! 😫 The tomatoes taste so good to. They're crunchy and have a zesty pizza like flavor without all those carbs!
cherries4.jpg
It took a lot of time and it wasn't something that you could just turn on and walk away from. To do it right you have to periodically flip them all over so that it dries evenly. Sort of like flipping something on a frying pan. I started this as soon as the thread opened and just now finished. That's how long this stuff takes. And I couldn't just shove it all in together because then the flavors would impart and no one would like a peach that tasted like a tomato ect.

Apple cinnamon chips
applecinnamons2.jpg
applecinnamons1.jpg
Cherries
cherries.jpg
cherries2.jpg
Peaches
peaches1.jpg
peaches2.jpg
Tomatoes
tomatoes2.jpg
tomatoes3.jpg
packedfull.jpg

View attachment 578592
For my entry I dehydrated a lot of different fruit and vegetables. Almost all of this was grown by me. I thought it fitting to dehydrate the main staple fruit of Animal Crossing and give them their own lazy-susan serving tray. From top going to left, there's cherries, peaches, pears, apples, and oranges.

In the middle are full apple slices that have been cored and marinated in a cinnamon sugar glaze before being dehydrated. On the left platter from top to bottom are watermelon, cucumber chips, blueberries, and tomatoes.

It has something for everyone. Something sweet, something savory, and something in between! If you're looking for a healthy snack to bring to a party, look no further than straight from you garden.

I have never done this before. It was a learning process. And very fun to see how things would turn out. Like who would imagine that watermelon would dehydrate into a healthy tasting fruit-roll up. I sure didn't! But dang they taste so good. And the first few bites of some of the dehydrated fruit is dry, but as you chew it, the flavor is drawn out tenfold. It all tasted so good and it's healthy to. Omg the cherries taste amazing, but look at this timer for the cherries! 😫 The tomatoes taste so good to. They're crunchy and have a zesty pizza like flavor without all those carbs!
View attachment 578607
It took a lot of time and it wasn't something that you could just turn on and walk away from. To do it right you have to periodically flip them all over so that it dries evenly. Sort of like flipping something on a frying pan. I started this as soon as the thread opened and just now finished. That's how long this stuff takes. And I couldn't just shove it all in together because then the flavors would impart and no one would like a peach that tasted like a tomato ect.

Amazing!

Haha thank you! The sad thing is it takes 24+ hours to dehydrate some of the stuff. Like the cherries oh god they were so bloody when I pitted them. I bought a cherry pitting tool for this task and it was such a godsend. And it took probably 2 full days of my dehydrator running to actually dry up enough to just a slight tackiness. But it will probably take me like 2 minutes to eat them all. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 578592

View attachment 578607

That looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back