Blue Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Wix-Well-Symbol.png

Delicious Designs

Task

In this event, we want to see you design a food collectible! 🎨

As voted for by our TBT Fair 2024 Prize Pack winners, this Halloween we are running a design your own food collectible event! You may create your entry on either our Spooky Purple or Spooky Grey collectible backgrounds:

YIOscPO.png
6qN8CdT.png

Entries will be nominated by the TBT staff team and then put forward to a public poll. The winning entry will become an official TBT collectible. Please do not enter this event if you do not consent to your artwork potentially being hosted on the site as a collectible. By entering this contest you are consenting to us using your design.

Please read the Rules and How to Submit sections closely before you begin your entry, as we'll be requiring progress pictures of your collectibles development in order to accept it as your own work.

You will have until 11:59PM EDT on October 23rd 2024 to submit your entries.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work; no collaborative projects or using other people's assets.
  • Entries must fit the food theme.
  • Entries must contain progress pictures.
  • Submissions for this event are digital only.
  • You may not submit any AI-generated imagery.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59PM EDT on October 23rd, 2024.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets the food theme and uses one of the two provided collectible backgrounds.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachments thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)​
✅ You have included progress pictures of your development process.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59PM EDT on October 23rd, 2024.

Prizes

Participation: 13 Carnival Coins

Nominated: 80 TBT bells + 3 bonus Carnival Coins

Winner: Receives the collectible they designed for free.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who will decide who wins? The staff or members' votes?
A. The TBT staff team will nominate entries to move forward to a public poll. The community will then vote on the entry they wish to see become an official TBT collectible.

Q. Why do you require progress pictures?
A. This is to help us ensure that the work you are submitting was made by you. The winning design will become a TBT collectible, so we cannot be using stolen assets.

Last edited:
I think it's okay if people have similar ideas. No one's going to be designing them the same anyways.

Despite voting for this, I have *no* idea what I'm going to make. I want an excuse to include many colors LMAO but I'm entering for participation tokens so my personal preferences are irrelevant :D

So. Um. I just finished my entry already and I'm about to submit it, but I don't see a check-mark box.
EDIT: Oh, I do now! NVM!

Last edited:
…….Is it fair to ask HOW you guys are designing these? Like are we making pixel art that looks like a collectible or drawing over the background to give a sense of the idea? I assume it’s the first, but I have zero idea how to even begin with something like that. Hopefully a candy corn is….doable?

Suguri's event entry:
  • YIOscPO.png
    YIOscPO.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 227
I introduce to you... the classic Candy Apple. I'm not an expert at digital collectible designing, so I apologize for this being not as detailed.
YIOscPO.png

IMG_1414.jpeg

This was done a few days ahead of time! I sketched out the collectible on a sketchbook before getting carried away and outlining and coloring it. I don't have a photo of the sketch, unfortunately, so I hope this one image works. The caramel apple is a bonus, BTW.

Are you only accepting digital art since the rules give us a background to put our collectible idea on. I don’t have a printer or computer, so I have no idea how I can do this.

I introduce to you... the classic Candy Apple. I'm not an expert at digital collectible designing, so I apologize for this being not as detailed.
View attachment 591248
View attachment 591249
This was done a few days ahead of time! I sketched out the collectible on a sketchbook before getting carried away and outlining and coloring it. I don't have a photo of the sketch, unfortunately, so I hope this one image works. The caramel apple is a bonus, BTW.
Hi! By progress pictures we are looking for evidence of your collectible at different stages of the drawing process. Please see @Rosch's post here as an example.

Are you only accepting digital art since the rules give us a background to put our collectible idea on. I don’t have a printer or computer, so I have no idea how I can do this.
Digital art only for this one, sorry!

Are we allowed to make multiple entries? Or is it just one?
Just one!

To confirm, are we allowed to design a drink or beverage?
We'd accept this.

Xara's event entry:
  • IMG_2371.png
    IMG_2371.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 183
🍡🎃 Spooky Dango 🎃🍡

IMG_2371.png

the spookiest thing about it is how much you have to squint to see it... LOL
scaling my art down never goes well, but there was an attempt!

my Spooky Dango features Jack, Wisp and the green pumpkin head from NL (rip..)! I tried to stay true to their render art since I feel like that's what's done for most of the AC collectibles (specifically the character collectibles), as well as to the signature formation of dango. I obviously deviated a little bit since I kept Jack and the green pumpkin head's pumpkin shapes rather than making them fully round, but again! an attempt was made!

my art process is probably a little unconventional lol, but!! I also included the layers in each pic to show that there's no funny business, since I know my dango (especially the Jack) probably looks a lot identical to the reference. if you need/want close-ups of any of the layers or anything else, please feel free to ask!

step 1: lineart/sketch/outline!
IMG_2366.jpeg

step 2: colour in
IMG_2368.jpeg

step 3 (final): shade/highlight
IMG_2369.jpeg

Has two ideas for the one food item idea I have...
Can't pick between the two...
200w.gif

Hi! By progress pictures we are looking for evidence of your collectible at different stages of the drawing process. Please see @Rosch's post here as an example.
OOPS lol!! Yeah, I kinda got carried away there. ^^; Thank you! I'll go ahead and revise my design and resubmit with progress photos if you don't mind. :]

I have an idea I want to do for this but I'm not good at art, so uh...oh no, lol. Probably won't look great, but I'll try anyhow.

Neat event. Love what I've seen thus far and looking forward to everything still to come.

Back