11.1 KB · Views: 143
candy corn candy to match the egg

candycorn.jpg

lines.jpgcolor.jpg

Yanrima~'s event entry:
  • deliciousdesignsentry.png
    deliciousdesignsentry.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 139
I wanted to make a Witch's Brew drink as a delectable design. It's probably just a slushy and not a suspicious potion in itself.
deliciousdesignsentry.png

Originally, this is going to be a pixel art but I struggled on making the micro details on the actual resolution, so I just increased the photo size to 100x100, I tried so I hope this is ok.
process.png

Are there any participants who have used free programs or is this only for people who have access to paid art resources? I think my above question wasn’t clear enough since it was passed over. I would like to participate but I don’t have any idea what we are meant to design the collectible IN, if that makes sense.
Hopping in to answer this: you can use any program you want -- there's an Art Programs thread in the museum that might help. There's also a web version of Photoshop called Photopea that you could use!

FrostyAlmonds's event entry:
  • CollectiblesPurrfiterole.png
    CollectiblesPurrfiterole.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 70
Purrfiteroles anyone? Drizzled with chocolate and orange icing for a bit of a Halloween flair.

CollectiblesPurrfiteroleB.png
CollectiblesPurrfiterole.png

It took a lot of deciding power on what kitty to go with. :v (aside from the Wott, that was just self indulgence ksdbksdb) Whipped kitty will always be loved in my heart but I am holding out for a white equivalent of shadow kitty to eventually be released (I beg for white kitty please!!!)
CollectiblesProgress.png

Chere.'s event entry:
  • ghostly kitty icecream v3_grey bg test 3.png
    ghostly kitty icecream v3_grey bg test 3.png
    2 KB · Views: 71
Here's my entry! I made a Ghostly Kitty Ice Cream Cone. :> It might be a little hard to see but it has pink sprinkles as whiskers! 💕 I had fun drawing the image, but it was tough scaling down to such a small size. Idk how staff do this all the time... shout out to ya'll because I struggled big time. OTL

ghostly kitty icecream v3_grey bg test 3.png

Purple bg version that didn't make the cut. 🫡 I honestly didn't have much of a preference at first, but after some critique/feedback from friends, I think the grey bg makes more sense with the colours I chose for the ice cream. The different purples clashed a little too much, and I think the grey bg compliments the collectible nicely.

ghostly kitty icecream v3_purple bg test 3.png

Process Images:
Sketch > Lineart + Flat colours > Final image
ghostly kitty ice cream cone_sketch.PNG
ghostly kitty ice cream cone_flat colours.PNG
ghostly kitty icecream v3_shadow.PNG

Extras:
This was the initial concept I made earlier on! It was very chonky, and the sprinkles were more randomly placed, but I felt like the design got lost.

ghostly kitty icecream concept 1_v2.PNG

Here's the evolution of the final image as well! I had to keep tweaking things lol. I could have easily kept going but for my sanity I decided to stop after the 5th version. 😅 I really do like the final image for what it is at this size. I feel like I could see it as sticker or something. 🤔
ghostly kitty ice cream cone_version process.PNG

These are just some more proof shots with my layers. I'm weirdly paranoid and don't merge my layers enough skfkdgk.
IMG_8485.PNG
IMG_8486.PNG

And then a screenshot of a bunch of the versions because I was losing my mind lol. This was definitely reminiscent of when I made those white glow wands for fun (If you know, you know...). Overall I had fun! Not sure if I can call this my niche though... I think I'm just better with larger scale images. Dealing with 28x28 pixels was a challenge for sure. 🥹
Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 8.00.54 PM.png

Alolan_Apples's event entry:
  • Hot Dog Collectible.png
    Hot Dog Collectible.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 37
I finished cooking my collectible for the contest. This is the Spooky Hot Dog Collectible, using spicy pumpkin sauce as the condiment.

Hot Dog Collectible.png

Step 1 - Draw the Hot Dog
Hot 1.png

Step 2 - Draw the Bun and Sauce
Hot 2.png

Step 3 - Color the Drawing
Hot 3.png

jadetine's event entry:
  • 1729409232986.png
    1729409232986.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Food Themed Entry:

Wisp-mallow
! Lightly toasted. (I chose the gray background in case he gets chosen to join a lineup of other character collectibles).

1729409232986.png

Collectible sized:
1729409232986.png

Progress Photos and Timelapse Video:

Sketch
1729409702854.png

Lineart
1729409789041.png

Flat / Base Colors
1729409802433.png

Shaded
1729409844758.png

Comparing other ideas not entered:
It was so difficult to choose just the one entry OTL
And even harder to design something that looks good when shrunken to near-oblivion...
1729409364505.png

Hopefully I didn't forget anything...

The following entries are too large to be accepted. Please update your submissions to ensure your uploaded image marked as entry is the same size as the background provided in the opening post (28x28px). Thank you!

(Please notify me once this edit has been made otherwise it'll be missed and won't receive Carnival Coins, thank you!)

🍡🎃 Spooky Dango 🎃🍡

View attachment 591274

the spookiest thing about it is how much you have to squint to see it... LOL
scaling my art down never goes well, but there was an attempt!

my Spooky Dango features Jack, Wisp and the green pumpkin head from NL (rip..)! I tried to stay true to their render art since I feel like that's what's done for most of the AC collectibles (specifically the character collectibles), as well as to the signature formation of dango. I obviously deviated a little bit since I kept Jack and the green pumpkin head's pumpkin shapes rather than making them fully round, but again! an attempt was made!

my art process is probably a little unconventional lol, but!! I also included the layers in each pic to show that there's no funny business, since I know my dango (especially the Jack) probably looks a lot identical to the reference. if you need/want close-ups of any of the layers or anything else, please feel free to ask!

step 1: lineart/sketch/outline!
View attachment 591282

step 2: colour in
View attachment 591283

step 3 (final): shade/highlight
View attachment 591284

I wanted to make a Witch's Brew drink as a delectable design. It's probably just a slushy and not a suspicious potion in itself.
View attachment 591577
Originally, this is going to be a pixel art but I struggled on making the micro details on the actual resolution, so I just increased the photo size to 100x100, I tried so I hope this is ok.
View attachment 591578

Food Themed Entry:

Wisp-mallow
! Lightly toasted. (I chose the gray background in case he gets chosen to join a lineup of other character collectibles).

Progress Photos and Timelapse Video:

Comparing other ideas not entered:
It was so difficult to choose just the one entry OTL
And even harder to design something that looks good when shrunken to near-oblivion...

Hopefully I didn't forget anything...

Back