• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do like the new look of the characters?

Do like the new look of the characters?

• Yes, I like the new look

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • No, I like the old look better

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • I like them equally / don't care

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters
I think the characters look a bit...

Unpolished? That being the animals, the humans look fine.

But seriously, the animal character models don't really blend with the rest of the world.

I don't really care about their new look. At least that's one factor that will make the 3DS version feel like a new game.

I think that while I'm more comfortable with the old look, Nintendo must have had a reason for changing it. I'm sure that I'll get used to it quickly after seeing it on the actual device.

I think that while I'm more comfortable with the old look, Nintendo must have had a reason for changing it. I'm sure that I'll get used to it quickly after seeing it on the actual device.

OMG THERE'S A WANNA BE ME!!

And yes.

I can't lie, I prefer the old look, but it's not a big deal to me. Perhaps the new design is to help allow accessories and different kinds of clothing and that's definitely a good thing.

The old look will always have a special place in my heart, I'm sad they're kind of ditching it, but I feel this new change is a new step in the series. And who knows? Maybe it'll somehow attract older audiences.

Also pretty much this

But seriously, the animal character models don't really blend with the rest of the world.

This, i swear, if Tortimer is this lanky...

doesn't bother me, change is exciting
if they were lanky to begin with and then remodeled to a chibi-like version what would people say then?

A lot of them don't even look that different. Their heights are more varied, depending on the species.

I can't wait to see how all the animals look in their new graphic designs.

Skirts and shorts/pants (suddenly reminded of Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times) will allow more opportunity for creativity for those players who are fashion-oriented.

I like the new look, it's good to change things up in a very repetitive game like Animal Crossing every once in a while.

No I don't think I will ever like or get used to the new characters. Kinda' reduces the cute factor that Animal Crossing is now for.

This, i swear, if Tortimer is this lanky...

I've also heard rumors that you are the mayor of the town. IF this is true, that probably means no Tortimer.

No I don't think I will ever like or get used to the new characters. Kinda' reduces the cute factor that Animal Crossing is now for.

I've also heard rumors that you are the mayor of the town. IF this is true, that probably means no Tortimer.
Or he's retired.

Yeah, i'm aware of the rumors, but if they do include him somehow..

Back