Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Going out to eat is usually the way we celebrate my birthday but it happens a lot less often.

Yes! My husband and I celebrate our birthdays together. Sometimes we have family come but not always. We are both fortunate to also have our birthdays so close. It makes celebrating them easier.

Yup I still celebrate my birthday even if it isn’t as exciting as when I was a kid. I usually get gifts and cards from family members and then eat out at the restaurant of my choice. This year was unusually nice since I got a surprising amount of birthday wishes online.

My younger brother's birthday is three days after mine, so I haven't had my own celebration since I was around 6 or 7.

We open presents from our mom and her family on the morning of our individual birthdays and go to our grandparent's house on the weekend to celebrate with our dad's side of the family.

This year was also the first time in about 6-ish years that my friends did something for my birthday (also the first year in a while that I've had friends who liked me enough to do/say anything at all), which genuinely made me cry, I love them so much.

And of course, I can't forget reading all of the birthday wishes from my lovely TBT friends at the end of the day. Y'all have brightened up the last 3 birthdays I've had and I love you guys 🩷

I go out to eat to celebrate my birthday with friends and family, even if they're nothing like a typical kid's birthday party.

It's still fun to celebrate, no matter how old I turn each year.

not really! i never liked my birthday parties as a kid (hated all the attention on me), so i stopped celebrating as soon as i was old enough to not hurt my family member's feelings.

Yes, but nothing major. I'd rather not celebrate at all

i have small celebrations with my family and sometimes close friends. this year i had seafood boil at home with my boyfriend and my family, and my friend took me out for steak. i dont really like planning big celebrations for myself anymore

I chose "other" because if it were up to me, I would never celebrate my birthday. But my family forces me too, even though they know I don't like it.

Yes, I always have liked to go out to either watch a film or see a theatre production, and go for dinner at a nice restaurant afterwards!

I always like to do something! it doesn’t have to be huge, but I like to get some friends together and go for drinks or dinner or something

I acknowledge that it's my birthday, but I don't celebrate anything. I'm not the biggest fan of birthday parties, but I don't mind if someone give me a small cake (usually from my Mom).

Yes, though normally my family and I just have a small celebration at home on my birthday. We sometimes go out to restaurants for a family get together, though I'd much rather celebrate my birthday at home since I'm not a big fan of parties.

not really, most of my friends are in the city and it's so hard trying to plan for something when my parents are the classic helicopter parents. i don't think i've had a proper birthday celebration since i was 18? even then it wasn't the actual day
i normally see my friends before or after the day for gifts but nothing grand

If I wasn’t living with my parents still, I wouldn’t but my mom always makes me pick up some gifts and a place I want to get food from. Aside from that, it’s a normal day for me. It usually is pretty hard for me since none of the people that I hung out with and saw as friends remember my birthday (they don’t contact me anymore).

Back