• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you have a hard time making new friends?

Do you have trouble making friends?

• Yes

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters
Probably yes... I mean I'm not too shy but I have quite nerdy interests so yeah it's way easier online to find peeps rather than IRL lol. Also if I actually make IRL friends they tend to be way less nerdy and have more 'common' interests so that way we won't click anyways lol

This is meee all the way! When I was younger and nerdy things were more popular, I made friends easily. Now I struggle cause nit a lot of people around me have nerdy interests. :c

i'm not sure, i think once i'm approached all goes alright, i'm pretty talkative and social once i get going but i hardly ever make the first move so it can sometimes be difficult. i'm glad i made such great friends in high school so i don't feel like i'm missing out tooo much

I put "sometimes" because while I can get conversations going with people easily, I'm often times so busy that we can't stay in contact. So, sometimes we can be friends, sometimes not.

I don't have a problem socializing with other people. I'm actually pretty good at talking to people. I kind of have to be good at talking to people though because I'm in speech and debate. I kind of have a problem getting closer to people. I generally don't trust people and I don't even fully trust my family members. It's really complicated. I'm not scared of and I don't dislike people either but maybe I don't really have the desire to become closer with other people.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
In four years of high school I made two friends.
And both of them kind of came to me :p I have no idea how to talk to people

I'm so awkward and **** so I find it so so hard to make friends. I'm actually so annoying and if I do make a friend I always end up chasing them away

Nope not at all, I think it's easier for me to make friends in real life though as opposed to online.

I like to think I'm a good judge of character so I think I can spot who will make a good/worthwhile friend within a few minutes of meeting them, which works in my favour because all of the friends I have now are great people!

^ I love your avatar and signature!

I personally have trouble making FRIENDS. I have a ton of acquaintances, but I find it difficult to get close to new people. Granted, I've just moved to a university with 60,000 people, so that's already a challenge in itself.

I guess I just stick with my childhood/lifelong friends. I'm just hoping to meet some nice people here...

yes!! i started highschool last month and i haven't realized how bad i was at making friends until now lol i always practice what i'm going to say before i say it and overthink whether its a stupid question or not haha thankfully i have a good group of friends right now but a lot of the time im intimidated by larger groups
online, though i love talking to people and i find it way easier

Last edited:
No I'm pretty outgoing so irl friends are quick to make. But I have trouble making and keeping online friends. I find it hard to really connect with online people as i can't really talk to them about my life and things happening around me and have really know what I'm talking about

Back