Do you have any "reach" goals for ACNH?

Imaginetheday

Bells
By this, I mean goals that are going to be difficult, but not impossible.

For me, I'd like to have every single villager live in my town at some point. I'll have some that are more permanent than others, but a few will be completely temporary and I will rotate their spots through with new villagers. I think that would be a fun goal to work on. I have quite a few Amiibo cards, but nowhere near all of them, so they will help, but there will still be a big challenge aspect. Also it will definitely take some time!

What is your reach goal?

Play it for at least a year.

I purchased City Folk when I was a scatterbrained teen and only lasted around 6 months or so. Pocket Camp was barely two months [but would've been longer, I just didn't like it too much].

AC:NH is going to be one of my 'graduate school is too much; i need a break' hobbies, so I'm excited to get back into gaming.

My attention span has also improved in the last decade. :blush:

100% catalogue
100% museum
All gold tools
Pay back all loans and
a wonderful landscaped town!

I would have one that says I don't miss uni for animal crossing but considering that was just made redundant by my uni (no more face to face lectures), I guess play every day for a full year?

complete museum
unlock terraforming
have allowed a jock to live on my island until they decide to move out (that'll be a tough one)

1. Main Goal: Complete Museum
2. Secondary Goal: Payoff all loans (Full-size home).
3. Other goals: Completionist for everything else.

Last edited:
My main goal is to complete all museum exhibits. I'm not much of a completionist so I have never done this before. I'm not really aiming to get full catalogue but I'll do as much as I can.

To try and play every day
To accomplish everything in game without time travelling/trading (trading certain items is ok but in previous games I would trade golden tools or get them through giveaways etc - I would prefer to earn them this time)

my main goals are to complete the museum and to fully landscape my island

My main goal is to complete the museum. But I usually always complete the fish catalog first since that's been a tradition I've always done in the past games. I know it's gonna be a fun challenge since there is terraforming and I feel like creating a large pond or lake around my island that turns into a tiny river and a reservoir. I hope that affects the type of fish you can catch. After I get the fish catalog done I usually move onto fossils then art. I go in that specific order always lol XD.

Probably complete the museum (specifically fossils), fish catalogue, and bug catalogue. I did this in New Leaf and it was really fun since you can go to the museum and directly see what you collected on display!

I want to get my town landscaped to a roughly "finished" state (though I don't want to abandon the game at that point, so I may have to keep making small modifications to keep things interesting). In ACNL, I haven't managed to finish my town plans yet (admittedly, this is with a town I started less than a year ago), and I'm a little lost as to what I want to do next. I find I'm happier as an Animal Crossing player when I set some goals for myself (collect X, landscape Y area of town, generate Z hybrids and use them along a particular path, etc.), and while I don't want to leave myself directionless by accomplishing all of my goals, I also want to end up with a town that I can be proud of.

Additionally, I want to accomplish this goal without running out of storage space or growing frustrated about my inability to hold onto everything I want to keep. This has been a big issue for me in prior games, and I expect to have some difficulties with it in ACNH as well.

I also don't believe I've ever collected all of the insects in the museum before, so I want to complete that portion of the museum this time around (and the rest of the museum).

That said, my main priority is just to enjoy my daily experience in my town, and do whatever seems fun or appealing. I haven't really figured out how that will unfold yet, and I'm trying not to overplan at this point, particularly when I don't know my town layout yet. I'll probably pick an island map, start mapping out some basics (where the first few houses and paths should go, etc.), and then expand outwards over time.

100% museum
Pay off loan
Complete nook miles if possible
Complete landscape town to my liking
Play daily without TT through days

Last edited:
Main goal for me is the get the pic of every animal that visits and create a museum room with the pictorial history of my island. With the exception of my Council of Five (tm) they’ll be sent packing once I have their pic.

Beautiful town I somewhat envisioned.
Complete museum.
Have only villagers I like/want in my town.

i want to complete the catalogue and complete the museum. i've never done it any other animal crossing game.
i would also like to reach a state eventually where my island is "complete" in landscaping and decorating.

Play it for at least a year straight. I tend to play for a few months, get busy doing something else, then don't play for several months. It's not intentional and I don't get bored of it. I just, well, get busy. But AC is a game that you can spend as little as a few minutes on, so I'm going to try harder on it this time.

That's the real reason I'm doing a physical journal - more accountability to myself.

Back