Do you like balloons?

Like others said, I fear balloons popping. When I was little, like preschool age, I was "entertained" by a clown in the group of us kids. The clown did the trick where you put scotch tape on the balloon and stick a needle through the tape and it doesn't pop. Well... the clown didn't do it right, and scared the heck out of all of us youngsters when the balloon popped.

However, I was always fascinated by helium balloons. On family birthdays, I would steal one or two and tie a string to them and let them go. I usually attached a plastic army man toy, or a note saying hi to whoever found it. I've always wondered if anyone found them.

I like them aesthetically but hate everything else about them. Especially popping them. I was always super scared as a kid when there were those “pop the balloon the fastest” games - it just makes me jump every time they pop. Also hate the squeaky sound they make when you hold them or they rub against each other. 😫

I don't care for balloons much now, but I liked them when I was a kid! I go to a dentist that used to hand out balloons to kids after their appointments instead of toys or stickers, which I thought was cool! They don't do that anymore, but they still have the machine for it there; it's always nostalgic to see. 🥹

I’m terrified of rubber balloons. I have started screaming after seeing little kids squeezing them before. Balloon animals are the worst for me. The foil balloons don’t scare me but if I see any rubber balloons, I will refuse to go anywhere near them.

I like them! I've thankfully always been fine with their texture and popping noises, so I just associate them with silly and fun times.

I like balloons as long as they don’t pop. I don’t hate the popping noise, but the fact that it becomes useless and disposable when it pops.

i dont like rubber balloons 😭 they feel weird, they sound weird, and im so overly conscious about them because i hate it when they pop, im a super jumpy person so the balloon pop really gets to me.

i like the foil balloons though! they dont pop and theyre reusable c:

I think balloons are very cute and nice! They somehow give me a feeling of nostalgia. I used to be scared of them popping but I’ve handled it!

when i was very young i liked them, they were handy for decorations for birthdays and my sister and i used to enjoy seeing how many we could keep in the air but i have always hated the noise when they pop so never really use them anymore unless it’s for a big event like a milestone birthday.

I like balloons, but I'm always scared of them popping, so I'm pretty careful when handling them. Being around children playing with balloons is anxiety inducing because they're bound to pop

I like them I think they do very well as decor for events however blowing them up? I feel like imma pass out every single time 😆

Sort of? I don't like them popping and something about them flying away is sad to me. Maybe it's because during my childhood I had a nightmare about losing a balloon, which was only heartbreaking to child me.

Back