• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do You Like Money Trees?

Do You Like Money Trees?

• Total voters

spamurai

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
I've heard a few people say they're not fans of money trees.

Personally I like them. Maybe it's because I liked them on the Gamecube version.

Anyhoo, thought I'd do a poll just for fun to see :)

Here's a picture from my town of my money tree walkway:
Feel free to post us screenshots of your money trees :)

W2pOgRK.jpg

Last edited:
No neutral option? :p

Personally, I haven't ever used them, because I don't have a golden shovel.

I was not aware money trees were still in New Leaf. I love money trees.

Tell me how you make this magic.

Bury a bag of money (I think it needs to be at least 3k) with a shovel, then wait. Depending on the amount you buried, you have a certain percentage of profitting, and a chance of losing the money.

If my math is correct and my memory is working, the best amount to bury is 90k, because anything much more than that can't be remade on the tree, but the return percentage is in your favor, giving you a high chance to recieve more money.

I love them too ^_^

You dig a hole with the Golden Shovel and bury a Money Bag.

Only one tree can bloom Money Bags per day, so it's best to only plant one a day.
Personally I plant 99,999 Bells because it's granted to bloom... If you plant less amounts, the chance of bloom decreases.

I don't grow them to profit from them, I just like the way they look :)

Hm. So there's always some kind of risk. Shame. XD But it'd be abused anyways.

Thanks for the info~

Ah, I wasn't aware that they'd carried money trees over into New Leaf, either. I liked having a bunch of them around in my GC town.

I never believed money trees where real, I thought they where some hoax, and for the life of me, never figured out how to grow one.

I love them too ^_^

You dig a hole with the Golden Shovel and bury a Money Bag.

Only one tree can bloom Money Bags per day, so it's best to only plant one a day.
Personally I plant 99,999 Bells because it's granted to bloom... If you plant less amounts, the chance of bloom decreases.

I don't grow them to profit from them, I just like the way they look :)

Well, that's how. Is there like a certain percent chance of it growing?

I plant them but I refuse to use them. It's a lovely tree to have in your town. I don't like shaking them though.

I like the IDEA of money trees, but I think they look fairly awful when in your town..

I think they should've done what they did with the golden shovel trees in AC GC, money trees should have golden leaves as well as the money bags.. That way I feel the trees would be more unique, and look fancier

There are money trees?!

What they said. Do you have to?

There are money trees, yes :D .. But how many bells you plant correlate to the likelihood of it turning into a tree.. (1,000 bells = 1% .. 50,000 = 50%), unless that system's changed

And yes, you can only do this through the golden shovel

Back