Toadette Foraged Mushroom
Oblivia's Ugly Foraged MSPaintshroom
Paras Foraged Mushroom
Shiny Fertile Foraged Mushroom
Frogstool Foraged Mushroom
We-made-too-many Foraged Mushroom
Silver Wild Foraged Mickshroom
ɯooɹɥsnɯ pǝƃɐɹoɟ ,ɹǝpuɐɯɯoɔ, ƃ-oɹǝz
Kinda too early for me to ask this, but spooky month is here so I figured, why not?

Do you still trick-or-treat? If so, why? If not, why not?

For me, I kinda retired from that. If I wanted candy, I could just buy some at a store instead of going around the neighborhood with a costume and a bag.

I got self-conscious about it and stopped trick-or-treating somewhere in my mid-teens ahahah. Now I just get myself a bag or two candy of my choosing around Halloween if I'm craving any (although I've definitely lost some of my taste for sweets growing up... a lot of candy just doesn't taste as good to me as it did when I was younger).
But since I've stopped trick-or-treating, I've been handing out candy to trick-or-treaters instead! Or at least, that's what I'd like to say, but they've only stopped by our house once or twice in the past several years. 😅 So the candy usually winds up going to us or my dad's students instead.

I do, but because I’m a parent. Though I will say, I never give teens a hard time for going. Many of them go with younger siblings, and it’s better than some of the things they could choose to be doing instead. I wouldn’t go as an adult without kids though, and I’m basing that off of my personal adulthood before becoming a mom.

No, I'm too old for it now unfortunately. 💀

I do enjoy handing out candy to people though!

No, I think I'm too old to go trick or treating nowadays. I hand candy out to the trick or treaters instead and enjoy the leftover candy from that~

I'm 23. I have a niece who I used to go with some years, but if I'm going alone.. I won't go >_> I want someone to embrace their inner child with me that's around the same age as me and doesn't feel guilty about trick-or-treating when its meant for children societally. :^/

I wanna go with my sister, @Azzy , this year.. but idk if she has plans or not already T^T

Not anymore. I skipped Halloween in 8th grade due to covid and my final trick-or-treating year was in 10th grade. My family said I technically could still go trick-or-treating since I'm pretty small, but I'd feel weird going when I'm almost 18. T^T

My parents buy a few bags of candy around October anyways, so I just eat that instead. We got some today, actually. I'm not sure if I'd wanna spend a few hours walking around for candy nowadays.

I hilariously can still pass for a teenager so I could if I wanted to, but I don't really feel the desire. Two years ago, I took my niece and everyone thought we were sisters.

I've been 2-3 times as an adult and it can be fun, but if you're just in it for candy, it's easier to just buy a big bag for 50% off.

I'm 22, turning 23 next year, so I fear my trick-or-treating days are long over. 😪 The last time I went trick-or-treating was when I was 15 iirc. I was insecure about it because I was with my parents instead of a group of friends, but nobody was outwardly mean about it; though I did get a couple of weird looks LOL. I still got candy, though.

I honestly miss trick-or-treating like a mf. I really took it for granted growing up. I've seen people in their early 20's go trick-or-treating, but I'm way too anxious to do it myself, especially since I still don't have a group of friends to do it with. Though I'm 5'2, so I feel like if I wore a costume that covered my body and my face, I could maybe pass for a teen... Maybe.... LOL

I live in an apartment and most of my neighbours are awful, so I don't even get to hand out candy!! I just get to buy discounted Halloween candy for myself now lol

I’ve never been trick or treating but I always thought it sounded fun. I got invited once when I was like 13? But my parents didn’t want me to go. Halloween isn’t really a big thing here, I think it’s mostly young teenagers going around to hang out with their friends that do trick or treating, and most people won’t open their doors HAH
I’d be past the acceptable age now anyways so if I was somewhere else I still wouldn’t unless I was with a kid

No. I'm old lol. But looking for spooores.

Halloween is one of those holidays that is controversial in a few ways. Personal (I don't like gore and it's a lot more gorey than I remember) and religious which is arguably personal still rather than point blank religious. So I don't celebrate even though there are a few ways to "have a Halloween".

I also don't have kids, but if I did I really wouldnt want them taking candy from strangers or going into their houses (some people set up a haunted tunnel thing or they did when I was a kid) or dealing with getting hit with cars (it was a real thing when growing up).

Either way, where we are at everyone leaves the town for Independence Day and for Halloween to go to other towns because they hold events and have a higher population of people. So no one trick or treats here that I know of, or if they do, they are on the other side of town.

I do think costume parties and fall parties are cute and are more appropriate. Just me.

no trick or treating anymore but me and a couple of homies last weekend got some brew and pizza and played smash and i got us a pack of those halloween "trick or trade" pokemon booster boxes with like 35 packs of cards and we were all trying to pull gengars and pikachus and it was so fun 🤣

and it makes me happy that some folks out there are handing out those cards instead/with candy cause i know that's gonna make some people's day for sure

No. I don’t have any friends here and even if I did, I don’t think any of us would unless they had kids or something.

I haven’t gone trick-or-treating since I was 8 years old, but now that I live in the countryside, I can’t even be involved in either side of the trick-or-treating part. There’s no one to pass candy to, and no place to collect candy from.

I went trick or treating when I was a kid, but now as a parent, my kids opt to go to harvest festivals & trunk or treats than go door to door.

I can only imagine if I tried to trick or treat at 30 that most people would turn me away. The last time I went out I was probs like 17 so it's been awhile

nah, i might sound like a boomer here but i kinda hate when older kids/adults are trick-or-treating at my door. unless your costume is really good you're getting one of the crappy candies or nothing, buy your own and get away from me 💀 though this might also be because this age group in my neighbourhood sucks, every year someone rolls up in a really inappropriate costume or is just really rude, not a "thank you" or anything.

i think if you wanna trick-or-treat as adults it might be best to organize something with friends - everyone gather at the same person's home and treat individual rooms as houses or something

Back