Do you wish your main island had only one season?

Season lock is a really cool idea! I enjoy having the mix of seasons on my island but I know some that are themed would benefit from only having one. Thinking of the towns that have to TT every time they want to update their dream address

I think about this every once in awhile. I would love this for my second island. It would either be winter for an all penguin island. Cherry blossom season for an island of Ducks, squirrels and cats . Maple leaf season for wolves , deer and cubs.

Honestly, I wish my island can stay in spring and summer. If I did have to pick one season, it might as well be spring because of the cherry blossoms. Im not a fan of fall and winter in the game.

No I prefer to experience the changing seasons, it's a great feature! Although winter is kinda monotone so I wished it were a bit shorter.

I could see the value in only have one season for themed islands, but I think my personal island would get pretty boring if it always looked the same, season help to keep things feeling more fresh.

Not really. I wish I could change the season at will but I kinda can with TT so🤷‍♀️. I do wish Cherry blossom season was a bit longer though.

sometimes when i’m playing in a certain season i’ll think about how pretty the island looks and wish it would stay like that, though it’s often at the begging of the season when it’s a novelty - by the end i find i’m often ready for a change. i do also do some time travelling every now and then so can prolong a season if i’m not ready for it to end.

Hmm, that's an interesting thought. I would want to keep .. my whole life... only ... autumn and winter. As for my island, the same as well. But... I wouldn't actually commit to the idea. I like seeing the different seasons no matter how much I suffer

It would be cool if there was a toggle to select a certain season and then be able to turn it off and resume seasons as they are in real time. I would choose cherry blossom season for much longer than the short window of time we get it for currently. I’d want the toggle though, because I do like certain aspects of each season.

i keep rethinking my answer to this and i think i mostly would just want to take out winter haha. i like the snow and everything at first, but i feel like it just drags the most out of every other season and i'm sick of it by the time spring rolls around. all the other seasons i'd be happy to stay in! but mostly summer

Playing a full year and than having the option would be nice for my 2nd Island. In ACNL my 2nd town ran 1st day with no snow to mid September. ACNH should have an in game clock for players that like to keep their games in a season or set it to time that works for them. There are games that punish players when they change their clocks.

I didn't go too too ham designing my island to be any one sort of way in particular, so really like the mini redesigns it naturally gets via the seasonal changes. Every season brings a new vibe which makes the island feel fresh again, which I love!

Not at all! I love the seasonal part of animal crossing and it wouldn’t be the same without it.
BUT if I did have multiple islands, having one in a permanent season would be nice. I kind of want to make a winter wonderland island but that doesn’t work when the seasons change. So if I was rich enough to afford a second switch, the option to be in one season permanently would be a nice addition 😂

yes!!! i constantly have to time travel back to around may since i use azalea bushes to decorate my island 😭

For regular gameplay, no. I love the changing seasons and they make playing through a year more exciting for me! I love fall and winter the best; spring (aside from cherry blossom season) and summer feel more "plain"/"default". But without spring and summer, the other two would feel less special!

For an island that is just focused on decorating though- yes, that would be very helpful!! I'm currently trying to build a winter island, and not having to time travel/worry about dates would be nice ^^

Personally I like all seasons with my island and I decorate accordingly, so I don’t feel like it suits one more than the others. Although, I do love cherry blossom season the most

Back