• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Does your dreams do this?

fluttershy300

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა ♡
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Sweetpea
Tasty Cake
Ok, so when you dream does the setting you are in be a mixture of houses you have been in whether in the past or right now?

When I dream, the setting I be in would be a mixture of houses that I have been to. Like for example if there’s a living room, it would look like the living room in the house I am living in right now, then there would be a bathroom and the bathroom would look like the bathroom in my grandma’s house, then the bedrooms would look like the bedrooms from my childhood house. And it would all be in one house or setting. It’s pretty weird. Lol

That sounds cool. Unfortunately, I forget my dreams easily but I do remember some where they happened in a bunch of different places I've been to; sometimes it'll be like yours, whereas other times it'll be a realistic dream where no places are combined, and I wake up confused, thinking, 'Did that actually happen?'

I definitely get the mixture of houses in my dreams. And the annoying part is dreaming about people who I haven't seen in like 10 years.. or just complete random celebrities that I am for some reason crushing on in the dream, and then I wake up and I'm like, "why?"

That sounds cool. Unfortunately, I forget my dreams easily but I do remember some where they happened in a bunch of different places I've been to; sometimes it'll be like yours, whereas other times it'll be a realistic dream where no places are combined, and I wake up confused, thinking, 'Did that actually happen?'
I had those realistic dreams before. I hate them cause something good would happen in my dream and it would feel so real and then I wake up learning that it never happened. :’(
Post automatically merged:

I definitely get the mixture of houses in my dreams. And the annoying part is dreaming about people who I haven't seen in like 10 years.. or just complete random celebrities that I am for some reason crushing on in the dream, and then I wake up and I'm like, "why?"
Lol I get that too, I would dream about old friends and crushes I had in the past and then wonder how they’re doing in life right now. lol

I get that and them some. I will be in my current kitchen and the next room won't be any real room I've been to before in any house, but in the dream it is still 'my house'. Or I'll be in a past house that is my 'current house' or even other family members houses and yards.

I've had a quite few dreams that have does that too. Usually its in the context of me moving to a new house that has all the best elements of houses I've lived in, but all togther better. I'm an army brat and I've lived in a lot of different houses throughout my life. On average my whole life I've moved every 2.5, years so maybe that's why?

I've had that happen, but only if I'm actually me in the dream. A lot of times, I dream and am someone else. Well, I know I'm me, and people in the dream are people I know, but no one looks the way they do when we're awake. Yeah, that makes no sense.

Anyway, I do cobble together houses in dreams.

Most definitely! It's always in my mom's house, or a mixture of my sister's old apartment + her new one. I'm not sure why my dream decides to revisit the old apartment, as I didn't have a lot of good memories there. This also goes with when I want to write stories sometimes? I'm always envisioning it in THE EXACT same apartment or even a house I've been too before. My ex boyfriends house has definitely appeared in my dream once as well, but it had a mixture of his furnishings and then some of mine. It's weird... owo​

I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only one that does this...

Most definitely! It's always in my mom's house, or a mixture of my sister's old apartment + her new one. I'm not sure why my dream decides to revisit the old apartment, as I didn't have a lot of good memories there. This also goes with when I want to write stories sometimes? I'm always envisioning it in THE EXACT same apartment or even a house I've been too before. My ex boyfriends house has definitely appeared in my dream once as well, but it had a mixture of his furnishings and then some of mine. It's weird... owo​
Omg I do that too! When I’m reading a book I usually think about my old childhood house. That house is the most I’m spent my life in so that’s probably why.

It's usually outside or my old high school. Have a lot of trauma about the latter. 😅
I dreamed about my old schools before. Sorry that you went through tough times in High School.

Yeah,I have a lot of dreams where I'm in a place that's an amalgam of all the apartments I've lived in over the past 20 years or so.Sometimes I have the living room of one apartment but the stairs of another one or sometimes all the rooms will be rearranged.A lot of times,I'll just see the outside area of the apartment building and it will be as mixed up as the interior.

Yes, I’ve had this happen to me a couple of times and dreams are very weird indeed. In one dream, the basement of my house I currently live in is connected to an apartment unit I used to live in. I was able to go between those places no problem. Another dream I had was that it still involved my old apartment unit, but it was combined with a place that I’m not familiar with at all.

I've only ever lived in one house, but my dreams will frequently mix schools together. Elementary classmates, highschool classmates and university classmates will all be under one roof. Oftentimes the building is a mix of all three settings as well.

I've never had that happen where the rooms are like that. My dreams usually take place in a distorted version of my city, the layout of which is the same even in different dreams.

My dreams do this kinda thing ALL the time. Or it'll be almost note for note my house, but things are off. For example I had a very vivid nightmare about two years back, but the vividity wasn't about what happened (which was the loss of two of my pet snails).

The vividity was that my house was so real. I could've sworn I was awake. Looking back to the dream now, I still remember things that were wrong. Things weren't stored in the right places, our hallway was oddly thin and cramped. It was just odd, y'know.

I also have aspects of my schools mix together a lot. Very often the dream will take place in my middle school, but the cafeteria will be the one from my elementary, and vice-versa. Considering almost all of school was traumatic for me, that I can understand.

No, this doesn’t happen to me. I’ve lived in many different houses, but my dreams usually feature a complete city or house rather than mixing them or anything.

Ooh, this happens to me a lot. When I was younger and right after I first moved, it would amalgamate the staircase from my old house with my room in the new house. My family moved houses again around 2 years ago and a lot of my dreams center around going to my old house and then later realizing I'm not in the right house.

I've experienced having these dreams a few times already, having to be in different homes and places.

Back