• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English Video Journals from Mayor Joshy (keep them in here)

Im going to resist watching this first one because I don't want to spoil the opening, I know generally whats going to happen but not dialogue and such but I cant wait to see some later on :)

You know, that's something that's been nagging me a little, people saying they don't want to spoil the game. What's there to spoil, exactly? There's not really anything to spoil, at least to me. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just a bit curious.

Last edited:
You know, that's something that's been nagging me a little, people saying they don't want to spoil the game. What's there to spoil, exactly? There's not really anything to spoil, at least to me. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just a bit curious.

Well there has to be some form of surprise to it. If you watch to many videos on the opening its going to feel like a chore to have to sit through it again and nothing is going to feel new.

Argh, do I watch it? Do I not watch it...!? I don't know if I should wait incase I spoil it all. Oh what the heck, I'll just watch this one...

I watch it was cute. We live in a society were we spoil everything back then it was keep a secret till the game come out. I miss those days they were the best days of my life. But I strongly think we should push to get it to the way it was before spoil alerts came out. Who with me.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this one. Kept my eyes pelled away from Rover's dialougue but everything else was nice. Very excited now! :D

Hahah.. after watching Japanese versions of the game for the past 6 months, its so weird watching the whole game in English. Its just made me more excited. And yes, we can finally read what the peeps are saying. Wow! Never knew that would happen to be honest. :)

I watched it, it was adorable. I don't think you can spoil a game like this as there really isn't a plot. Everyone will play the game differently, and everyone's town will be different. I know when I watch I'm always thinking "no go do this" or "ahh I wanna see x" so I don't think watching others is ruining the game for me.

I know how you feel. I'm not sure what there is to spoil with a game like Animal Crossing. It isn't like we keep watching small clips from a upcoming movie to the point where when you see the movie in theaters you already know everything.

It isn't like a game like Call of Duty, where you watch all the levels and then you already know them.

THIS IS ANIMAL CROSSING. IT"S ENDLESS.... AND THERE IS NOTHING TO SPOIL

EDIT: You all spoiled yourselves the moment you watched the first trailer, came to this website, and found out about a couple of the new features. Next time you may want to go under a rock until you hear stories of a new game that's been released

I know how you feel. I'm not sure what there is to spoil with a game like Animal Crossing. It isn't like we keep watching small clips from a upcoming movie to the point where when you see the movie in theaters you already know everything.

It isn't like a game like Call of Duty, where you watch all the levels and then you already know them.

THIS JUST IN
CHRISTMAS CONFIRMED FOR NEW LEAF.

On topic: I was pretty grateful that he's making videos of it! Even though I'm not a big fan of Josh, myself.
It's nice and exciting to see it in full blown English.
oOI66Vo.gif
And the translation seems pretty exact! For the beginning parts and stuff. Not that they would have to change the dialog there or anything.

It makes me super excited and we've only got about a month to go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I really didn't expect to feel so much, but it made me super happy to see it in English :D
Same here! And it was great to finally be able to read what everyone's saying. I'm just even more excited now.

I just watched it and it is making me extremely excited for the game again. I love the name Nooklings Junction even though we already knew that it was called that

No reason to get hateful towards people who don't want to watch the English videos. When people talk about avoiding them because of "spoilers", they mostly mean spoiling the experience of seeing it in English.

I'm going to hold off on watching it. Not because I think it will spoil or ruin the game for me at all. I would just like to keep an element of surprise for myself. I know watching it won't spoil the whole game but it will spoil a small portion of surprise.

For those of you going "lol what are you talking about there's nothing to spoil":

This is my point of view. Have you ever played a game more than once? Getting to that bit of dialogue that's a chore to read because you've already read it a few times and you know what they're going to say? "Just get to the point! *mashes button*"

That is what I don't want spoiled. I don't want to know what the animals are going to say yet. That's why I could watch Japanese videos and look at Japanese screen shots. I had no idea what they were actually saying. Sure, I know the jist of it due to people translating it, but that's not the same. I want my very first time playing this game to be fresh. I don't want to know exactly what my neighbors are gonna say for the first time when I speak to them. I want everything to be as brand new as the day I bought Population Growing and brought it home on the day it was first released.

So don't laugh. Don't make fun. I want to relive and experience I fondly remember from my childhood. Just because it won't spoil anything for you does not mean it won't spoil something in someone else's eyes.

EDIT: You all spoiled yourselves the moment you watched the first trailer, came to this website, and found out about a couple of the new features. Next time you may want to go under a rock until you hear stories of a new game that's been released

Well please do not take this to be rude, but personally I still watch some videos so I know what you are saying, but this opening is one particular video I do not want to see because for ME I DO FEEL that it would spoil something. Not everyone will feel this way, its just my personal decision. Yes I have spoiled other things by watching other trailers, but this to me is a big aspect that I have decided to keep a surprise for myself. If you dont feel that way and don't wish to save it, thats fine. I don't see why it "bugs" you or is a big deal. It doesn't bug me when people want to see it. So yeah I understand what you mean it doesn't like spoil as in ruin the gameplay like in some games (like puzzle games) would but it would take out the aspect of newness to me. which is what I mean my "spoiling" Just to clearify. Again I wasn't trying to be rude I am just stating why I feel it would spoil it for ME. I respect that it doenst for you and thats cool.

*Edit: Im with officer berry, its just about me getting that "fresh" experience of the unknown again.

i'm not gonna watch this; just becase i've over done it with Jap. videos and I don't want to over do it with English videos I'm only interested in localized terms
Hey Jake, I haven't watched any Japanese or English videos and so I shall be going into Animal Crossing New Leaf completely blind as that is how I like to experience Animal Crossing games.

Back