• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English Video Journals from Mayor Joshy (keep them in here)

This is my point of view. Have you ever played a game more than once? Getting to that bit of dialogue that's a chore to read because you've already read it a few times and you know what they're going to say? "Just get to the point! *mashes button*"

That is what I don't want spoiled. I don't want to know what the animals are going to say yet.

I'm not worried about that, I generally have a memory span of 3 mins so unless I watch and re-watch I'll forget.

The big moments in AC aren't what makes the game special. It's the quirky things the animals do and say in between, running errands, etc. that I enjoy and none of the videos I've watched spend time on those. So yeah, I know what Festivale is all about, but I haven't experienced it and the magic really is in experiencing it for yourself.

I have a horribly good memory when it comes to dialogue. <<; I just want everything to be the first time I see it.

I liked seeing the video and I look forward to seeing more. I do wonder if he'll go back to Mimin someday or visit the dream version of Mimin.

If i watch the english videos i think im going to make myself even more crazy. I wont be able to handle 40 more days ><. Plus i want to leave some things as a surprise as i could restrain myself from finding out more about the game :rolleyes:. Ill probably watch them after i start playing, because Joshy is hilarious.

Looks like the town name limit is still 8 characters. Damn, I was hoping it was 10, so I could use Gallowmere, or 9 for ZoidBurgh. Oh well, goin' with Avalar, then.

I also love how he has the townie BananaPieLord most wanted and the first townie he chased out of his town.

OMFG YOU LEIK BPL?!?! I FREAKING LOVE HIM!!!

So was that a thunderstorm? If so, it's my new favorite weather. I love rain in the AC games c:

Josh's videos are my favourite acnl videos. He makes every second of it fun to watch, while in others i get kinda bored of them talking about dull stuff and just skip bits.

Damn, rain is heavy in New Leaf. All the more excuse to use an umbrella, I guess. Ruby has the best one, hands down. Always loved the Leaf Umbrella

OMFG YOU LEIK BPL?!?! I FREAKING LOVE HIM!!!

Yeah, he can be fun. A shame his City Folk LP seems to have fallen through the cracks, it's what brought me to him, hopefully he decides to bring it back when New Leaf drops.

Josh is awfully rude. If you check his twitter, he says stuff like he doesn't care what Ac fans think about the game and he says he forces his excitement for the game. I mean I understand, but he doesn't have to be rude about everything. I got to admit I like his videos, but it's just his additude. :/

Josh is awfully rude. If you check his twitter, he says stuff like he doesn't care what Ac fans think about the game and he says he forces his excitement for the game. I mean I understand, but he doesn't have to be rude about everything. I got to admit I like his videos, but it's just his additude. :/

In all fairness, and I see this a lot from LPers in general, he gets spammed pretty damn hard from Animal Crossing fans. It's sad, but true.

When you follow a person for one specific thing they do, that's fine. It's another thing to spam them relentlessly about wanting them to do more.

Last edited:
Back