• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English Video Journals from Mayor Joshy (keep them in here)

I love his videos!! I just hope me makes way more english videos...

Josh is awfully rude. If you check his twitter, he says stuff like he doesn't care what Ac fans think about the game and he says he forces his excitement for the game. I mean I understand, but he doesn't have to be rude about everything. I got to admit I like his videos, but it's just his additude. :/

As Majora999 already said, you can't really blame him for being slightly rude about AC fans. When you compare his statements to the things on his comments in his videos, they're not that bad. So many rude AC fans have posted disrespectful comments, demanding new AC video journals.

I love the rain and storms, I can't wait to build the bus shelter and hide from it in there.

Again about Josh... and it's a shame he's said he puts on his enthusiasm, but this is the internet and if he doesn't expect fans to want/demand more he shouldn't be doing what he's doing. It's going to happen, either do more or ignore them.

I love the rain and storms, I can't wait to build the bus shelter and hide from it in there.

Again about Josh... and it's a shame he's said he puts on his enthusiasm, but this is the internet and if he doesn't expect fans to want/demand more he shouldn't be doing what he's doing. It's going to happen, either do more or ignore them.

I agree.

I think he's not that much of a fan of the game, and AC players just ask him ****ing stupid questions that are already answered :"How did you get the game ?".

I think he's not that much of a fan of the game, and AC players just ask him ****ing stupid questions that are already answered :"How did you get the game ?".

I think he likes the game, but the annoying AC fans who keep asking idiotic questions are partially ruining it for him.

I totally understand where Josh is coming from, I love his sense of humor though.

It is aggravating seeing the multitude of comments that has the same question over and over again. I don't know why people just don't read. It's no surprise he locks the comments. Perhaps before each video he should put an annotation saying what's up in large letters in order to shut everyone up about how he got the game and etc. Then again, the commenters could just be kids, but still, is really that hard to look, read, and listen before blabbing lol?

"When does the game come out?"
"OMG HOW DID U GET THE GAME EARLY? I H8 UUUUUUUUUUU *dies*"
"it's because yur American"
"CAN YOU EDIT YUR PANTS? I HEARD YU CAN, SO CAN YU?"
"WTF Y DO U GET IT AND I DONT?"
"UGH THAT'S NOT FAIR"
"Are there any new villagers?"
"Can you tell villagers where to move?"
"I read you can only have 8 villagers, but my frend says you can have 10, are they wrong?"

Yeah, seeing things like that ^ can get pretty annoying quick.. Especially when it's on every video, barring of course the "OMG U GOTS IT ERLY" ones that are on his English ones instead.

"When does the game come out?"
"OMG HOW DID U GET THE GAME EARLY? I H8 UUUUUUUUUUU *dies*"
"it's because yur American"
"CAN YOU EDIT YUR PANTS? I HEARD YU CAN, SO CAN YU?"
"WTF Y DO U GET IT AND I DONT?"
"UGH THAT'S NOT FAIR"
"Are there any new villagers?"
"Can you tell villagers where to move?"
"I read you can only have 8 villagers, but my frend says you can have 10, are they wrong?"

Yeah, seeing things like that ^ can get pretty annoying quick.. Especially when it's on every video, barring of course the "OMG U GOTS IT ERLY" ones that are on his English ones instead.

Exactly! He has every right to complain.

The longer the complaining about his complaining goes on, the more I decide that I'm not on Josh's side on this issue.

Josh is clearly a professional game reviewer and therefore really should not be treating any member of his viewer base like he views them as ignorant children. He should handle repetitive questions in a professional manner. If repeat questions but him that much, he should put a short FAQ at the start of his videos, and if they somehow miss that, he should just not acknowledge them.

Unlike members of the bell tree, not every fan of the series is going to spend every waking moment learning everything about Animal Crossing. They hear rumors and ask about what they heard because they would assume someone who is playing the games would probably know the answer at that moment. They might enjoy the game casually and not visit fansites or tumblr or anything like that and not everyone is going to stumble onto his series from the beginning. I dunno if you guys have visited youtube in the last few years or so but those videos on the side of the viewing page are pretty random and generated based off your viewing history. It's not impossible for someone to be looking up videos for the new animal crossing game and stumble into part 3 or 4 of Josh's videos. And of course, if this is the first time they've seen an English video when the game isn't supposed to be coming out yet, they're going to want to know how he got his copy.

If you can't handle spammy questions without turning into a jerk, you probably shouldn't be putting yourself as an official reviewer of the games. I already found it pretty stupid of him to turn around and do the English version of the game when he already knew what the fanbase was like thanks to his first run through in Japanese. If he didn't like the comments then, why on earth did he jump right back into it?

Personally, the more I hear about Josh the less I like him. I'm not going to ever be able to watch his videos now with the impression that he thinks because I'm an animal crossing fan that I'm an idiot who asks the same questions over and over. I also can't enjoy a series when I know the person making the videos is faking his enthusiasm for the games. I can't really view Josh as a professional anymore. Part of being a professional is handling yourself in a mature manner even if something upsets you.

I can and I will blame him for his lack of professionalism. I don't care if 200 users asked him the same question in a row. He can easily just pass over those comments and choose to brush them off and make a FAQ video later on if it gets over bearing. He makes videos professionally, so he can't really say 'well I don't have the time to just make a 5 minute faq video', considering that seems to be a the very least a side job for him. |: Get a list of frequently asked questions and answer them. Then after that any 'spam' can be replied to with 'watch the faq video'.

The longer the complaining about his complaining goes on, the more I decide that I'm not on Josh's side on this issue.

Josh is clearly a professional game reviewer and therefore really should not be treating any member of his viewer base like he views them as ignorant children. He should handle repetitive questions in a professional manner. If repeat questions but him that much, he should put a short FAQ at the start of his videos, and if they somehow miss that, he should just not acknowledge them.

Unlike members of the bell tree, not every fan of the series is going to spend every waking moment learning everything about Animal Crossing. They hear rumors and ask about what they heard because they would assume someone who is playing the games would probably know the answer at that moment. They might enjoy the game casually and not visit fansites or tumblr or anything like that and not everyone is going to stumble onto his series from the beginning. I dunno if you guys have visited youtube in the last few years or so but those videos on the side of the viewing page are pretty random and generated based off your viewing history. It's not impossible for someone to be looking up videos for the new animal crossing game and stumble into part 3 or 4 of Josh's videos. And of course, if this is the first time they've seen an English video when the game isn't supposed to be coming out yet, they're going to want to know how he got his copy.

If you can't handle spammy questions without turning into a jerk, you probably shouldn't be putting yourself as an official reviewer of the games. I already found it pretty stupid of him to turn around and do the English version of the game when he already knew what the fanbase was like thanks to his first run through in Japanese. If he didn't like the comments then, why on earth did he jump right back into it?

Personally, the more I hear about Josh the less I like him. I'm not going to ever be able to watch his videos now with the impression that he thinks because I'm an animal crossing fan that I'm an idiot who asks the same questions over and over. I also can't enjoy a series when I know the person making the videos is faking his enthusiasm for the games. I can't really view Josh as a professional anymore. Part of being a professional is handling yourself in a mature manner even if something upsets you.

I can and I will blame him for his lack of professionalism. I don't care if 200 users asked him the same question in a row. He can easily just pass over those comments and choose to brush them off and make a FAQ video later on if it gets over bearing. He makes videos professionally, so he can't really say 'well I don't have the time to just make a 5 minute faq video', considering that seems to be a the very least a side job for him. |: Get a list of frequently asked questions and answer them. Then after that any 'spam' can be replied to with 'watch the faq video'.

Well said. One of the points you made as to why he jumped back into it is, either maybe he is doing it for the views and subs, he truly does like the game, or perhaps both. It is pretty unprofessional with how he handles the fans sometimes, but eh. You live and you learn.

Honestly he says what I'm thinking in regards to his fan comments so I can't blame him. Having a bunch of kids in my virtual face would seriously grate on my nerves. I like his videos and that's all I judge by.

I do however have a LOT of disdain for the fans right now. They're making AC fans look obnoxious and unable to use Google. Which is certainly not the case.

Well said. This is what I was thinking too.

We also have to realize he's human. He's not some robot with no feelings or anything. He does have a basic human right to be annoyed. Should he let it interfere with his job? No. Does he? No. I have not seen him acknowledge about 90% of the repeated questions from his English videos. And its just like linandko, when their fan base kept asking the same questions, it became tedious. now, they didnt snap, but it was easy to see their patience was wearing very thin when they started referring back to their old videos when someone asked a repeated question. I used to find Josh funnier when he couldn't understand what was going on. The only interest I have in his videos are the English townies names.

There's a HUGE portion of the fan base I don't care for either, because some of them in fact are ignorant children. And another portion come off as very entitled brats. And then you have the group that's respectful and keep to themselves.

There's a HUGE portion of the fan base I don't care for either, because some of them in fact are ignorant children. And another portion come off as very entitled brats. And then you have the group that's respectful and keep to themselves.

Mmmm, I agree. I get that they may not know everything but really how hard is it to either look at the other comments on the video or look it up yourself. It's not Josh's fault he hates the fan base, it's the obnoxious fans faults.

We also have to realize he's human. He's not some robot with no feelings or anything. He does have a basic human right to be annoyed. Should he let it interfere with his job? No. Does he? No. I have not seen him acknowledge about 90% of the repeated questions from his English videos. And its just like linandko, when their fan base kept asking the same questions, it became tedious. now, they didnt snap, but it was easy to see their patience was wearing very thin when they started referring back to their old videos when someone asked a repeated question. I used to find Josh funnier when he couldn't understand what was going on. The only interest I have in his videos are the English townies names.

But at least Lin and Ko at least try to help their fans. After watching several of Josh's videos, I can see that he really doesn't care much for his fans in any regard. I mean has he even mentioned them? He seems too far distant from his fans to be posting informative gameplay.

He should make an FAQ or at least attempt to talk to his fans. His last video had comments blocked because obviously he isn't proffesional to care about fan's concerns. Sure, some fans seem idiotic in a sense for their repeated questions, but that is no excuse for him to ignore them entirely.

Back