• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Why are the cakes so pricey? They only just sold out. There are over 4k of them floating around.

Lol idk... I'm just being curious. They should be over 200 in my opinion.

Why are the cakes so pricey? They only just sold out. There are over 4k of them floating around.

Most of the 4K cakes are probably with inactive users though...

I agree, it seems with so many, it shouldnt be so expensive, but people are holding onto them.

Also, pepper is also right, many of the users are no longer here so not all 4000 or whatever is in actual circulation.

Dark candy, looking awesome, pepper!

Just out of curiosity, when were those Pokeball collectibles released? They seem to go for a lot.

Just out of curiosity, when were those Pokeball collectibles released? They seem to go for a lot.

They were originally released in 2013 to celebrate X/Y and then there was a raffle for them in 2014 for OR/AS, but there was only some crazy small amount of winners for that, like ten or smth I forget.

They were originally released in 2013 to celebrate X/Y and then there was a raffle for them in 2014 for OR/AS, but there was only some crazy small amount of winners for that, like ten or smth I forget.

I want one so terribly badly

I hope they consider releasing more pokeball to celebrate the release of Pokemon Go

Agreed on all the posts on this page. TBH, I am only getting TBT for that one collectible ;-;. I do hope more are released though! I think they should release it for a new main series game, rather than pokemon go ^^

Bros I was selling one a couple days ago but no one wanted to buy ;(

I only have one left, but if they rerelease them, I will be sure to buy 2 or 3 more pokeballs

Last edited:
Bros I was selling one a couple days ago but no one wanted to buy ;(

I only have one left, but if they rerelease them, I will be sure to buy 2 or 3 more pokeballs

-looks at your sidebar-
What do you even do with that much tbt..?
And for that matter how did you even get that much?
Teach me your secrets...

Last edited:
-looks at your sidebar-
Teach me your secrets...

yes, i was thinking this as well. what's your secret, Buddy, i've never seen you selling anything except collectibles. do you sell on the art forums or the villager forums? or did you just start out by purchasing pears and oranges low, selling high, re-investing into cherry and apple, and slowly building your nest egg that way?? or did you just compose bell-earning posts night and day??

-looks at your sidebar-
Teach me your secrets...

yes, i was thinking this as well. what's your secret, Buddy, i've never seen you selling anything except collectibles. do you sell on the art forums or the villager forums? or did you just start out by purchasing pears and oranges low, selling high, re-investing into cherry and apple, and slowly building your nest egg that way?? or did you just compose bell-earning posts night and day??

Ok lol here is my story

I used to sell art, yes

If you go through my made threads, you can see exactly everything I have sold and bought. When I first came here I sold flowers and acnl items and make probably around 200 tbt. I held a huge giveaway of like 300 million bells, and used many different ways of entries, including 1tbt - 1 entry or 1 collectible = like 50 entries or something. I got around 500 tbt from that which was exciting for me, as I was really new. For a while after that I just posted a lot around the basement, which eventually got me a ton of friends- around 100. I used the TBT from my giveaway to 5 yellow candies and a bunch of pears and oranges. I then opened my art shop which netted me around 5-6k tbt in like 3 or 4 weeks. I used all that tbt to buy 5 cherrys (they were expensive back then so it drained my tbt quickly). I also bought all the things i needed for acnl and I was like outta tbt. I then had a huge inventory of common collectibles including cherries, pears, oranges, yellow candies, and red candies. I open a thread and sold everything for like 6k.

When I had 6k I started buying Popsicles. I opened a thread and it took a while to get all 5 that I wanted. They started off around 400 tbt. I found out that two other members (Miharu and Lethallulu) were also looking to buy a popsicle. Miharu had a thread like me and Lethallulu had it in her sig. Miharu and I helped eachother find popsicles, but when not a lot of people were selling, we started raising the prices a lot. adding about 100 tbt a day to our offers, Miharu and I were easily paying about 2k for each popsicle when we got all the ones we needed. So basically Miharu and I raised the popsicle prices by 5x and then I suggested the idea of Team Popsicle yada yada. In the midst of getting popsicles, I also collected ice cream swirls. I eventually sold them for about 10k. I began buying rare collectibles, and getting some as gifts from my 100-230 friends that I got from my giveaway a while back.(;)) I sold almost all of my collectibles like last week and netted about 45k.

also, I have 2 copies of acnl so I did some villager selling in the midst of all of that!

TLDR: I made tbt by Giveaways, Selling art, selling villagers, buying and selling collectibles, and getting generous gifts from friends!

If y'all want more tips or more thorough explanation or whtvr ill probably b open through PM, so Hmu! <3

Last edited:
i like the cupcakes better tbh but like i think the voodoo dolls one day are gonna be as rare as the weird/creepy dolls so that's why im keeping mine xD

i like the cupcakes better tbh but like i think the voodoo dolls one day are gonna be as rare as the weird/creepy dolls so that's why im keeping mine xD

There were like hardly any Weird Dolls and 650 Voodoo Dolls, just because its the same concept doesn't mean it will be as rare..

Back