• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I have a new idea for the site. A wishing coin collectible. You can configure the collectible to make a wish, and you gift it to the wishing well (a TBT account). You can only wish for collectibles or Bells, and only those who are lucky will have their wishes come true. This can only be done during TBT events, and when the wishing well account will draw a raffle, but keep the results private. Those who win the lucky draw will have their Bell or collectible wish come true.

Example:

Let?s say that the wishing coin is already in stock. I take the coin, and then I go to configure. I put down ?100,000 TBT Bells? as what I wish for, and my username when it asks for a name. After configuring it, I gift it to the wishing well account. If I win the raffle (which remains private), I should get a PM saying that my wish came true, and then I earn 100,000 TBT. If I don?t, I should get a PM saying that my wish didn?t come true, as nothing happens.

Just letting you know, you can put down anything in the wish box when configuring the collectible (including stuff like ?I wish Justin can change his avatar to a Kracko avatar? or ?I wish the TBT banner included Isabelle dressed like Digby?), but only wishes for collectibles and Bells would be entered in the lucky draw, and it has to be an already existing collectible and not award collectibles (like the golden egg or rainbow feather).

Let’s say that the wishing coin is already in stock. I take the coin, and then I go to configure. I put down “100,000 TBT Bells” as what I wish for, and my username when it asks for a name. After configuring it, I gift it to the wishing well account. If I win the raffle (which remains private), I should get a PM saying that my wish came true, and then I earn 100,000 TBT. If I don’t, I should get a PM saying that my wish didn’t come true, as nothing happens.

Yeahhh no offense but this would screw up the economy immensely. The staff can't just start giving out whatever amount of TBT the members want, even if it is a raffle and not too many people would win. As much as I could use some TBT myself I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Last edited:
Yeahhh no offense but this would screw up the economy immensely. The staff can't just start giving out whatever amount of TBT the members want, even if it is a raffle and not too many people would win. As much as I could use some TBT myself I don't think this is a good idea at all.

I just came up with the idea because I was thinking about wish tokens or wishing candies. They may exist in fiction, but not in reality. Maybe I can take back the TBT Bell part as only collectible wishes can count. I was throwing that out as an example.

I just came up with the idea because I was thinking about wish tokens or wishing candies. They may exist in fiction, but not in reality. Maybe I can take back the TBT Bell part as only collectible wishes can count. I was throwing that out as an example.

Ah, that makes sense. It's a nice thought, to be sure.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but what would be a fair price for purple feather from 2015? I don?t have one but was just curious.

I think they should definitely set some limits on the collectibles lmao

Here are the limits to my wish token idea:

- Originally, I would allow TBT Bell wishes, but this won’t allow TBT Bell wishes. If it were allowed, the cap should be 100 TBT, maybe 1,000 TBT.
- And if TBT wishes weren’t allowed, only collectible wishes are allowed. So if you wished Justin changed his avatar to Kracko, it won’t appear in the lucky draw raffle.
- Collectibles you can’t wish for: Bunny Day Grand Prize Ticket, Golden Egg, raffle tickets, wishing coin collectible, trophy collectibles, rainbow feather, green pinwheel, moon wand, Tetris grid, timestamp collectibles (like the 10 colllectible and TBT Fair patches), birthstones, Bell bag collectible (from 2013), ancient lantern, ancient scroll, pink candy, Christmas candy, black candy, spooky toothpaste, Thunder flame (that was specifically made for Project Staff member Thunder), Christmas lights (limited edition only), inexisting collectibles (like Marill Egg collectible), and any of the Pok?ball collectibles.
- You can’t wish for collectibles for a specific timeframe. I can’t wish for a choco cake collectible purchased in 1977 because if I made that wish in the future, the timestamp is from the day the wish came true, not from the 1900’s.

this hole wish token thing sounds pretty cool! also maybe you could get like name changes and animated avatar things!

I like how our current members look ahead of time for potential flaws when someone suggests an idea. If we don’t look ahead of time for potential flaws before imposing it, there would be a lot of problems going on with it. For instance, many of us were unaware that people could abuse the interest system back when it was first in effect. When I initially came up with the wishing well and coin idea, I decided to exclude stuff like trophy collectibles because they can’t wish for what they didn’t earn. That, and it obliterates the purpose of the collectibles to wish for them and have the wish come true. But to be fair, the community in 2013 didn’t know that users would eventually abuse earning TBT. The whole collectible craze, I believe has increased the demand for TBT Bells. But since we experienced these issues, we were able to look ahead when someone comes up with an idea like this.

Is it just me or are Blue Candy collectibles losing value? Looking at my first reference, Blue Candy used to be 500+ TBT and now I see it going for less than 100 now! o_O It was 150+ prior to Halloween and it has been dropping since then which doesn't make sense to me since there were only 20 available in the shop the whole time and I think the total Blue Candy in existence is less than 300... Why do y'all think that is? Do you think people are just trying to do quick sales instead of retaining the real value of the collectible?

Last edited:
Well there have been loads of blue candy sales in the shop and ways to get em recent years so probably why.

Well there have been loads of blue candy sales in the shop and ways to get em recent years so probably why.

It still doesn't make sense though because there are more peach collectibles in the wild than blue candy (going off sales numbers in the shop) and is worth currently almost 4 times as much... :/ I know scarcity is caused by veterans being inactive, but it just seems odd to me I guess.

Last edited:
It still doesn't make sense though because there are more peach collectibles in the wild than blue candy (going off sales numbers in the shop) and is worth currently almost 4 times as much... :/ I know scarcity is caused by veterans being inactive, but it just seems odd to me I guess.

Well peaches have been less restocks I guess and people collect them more and sell them less. That's what I would think at least and yeah probably old timers keeping them as well.

And yeah while more peaches might have been released people tend to keep/hoard them and they have been less restocked as a whole. Even if like, say 300 peaches restocked it were mostly in the past and/or that NL event last year and 200 candies have been stocked people are more keen to sell those because it looks maybe, less great and there have been more restocks recently so more newtimers got them and sells them etc. If it makes sense lol

Last edited:
Well peaches have been less restocks I guess and people collect them more and sell them less. That's what I would think at least and yeah probably old timers keeping them as well.

And yeah while more peaches might have been released people tend to keep/hoard them and they have been less restocked as a whole. Even if like, say 300 peaches restocked it were mostly in the past and/or that NL event last year and 200 candies have been stocked people are more keen to sell those because it looks maybe, less great and there have been more restocks recently so more newtimers got them and sells them etc. If it makes sense lol

It definitely seems to be a supply and demand reason behind the recent price changes after thinking through each other's reasoning. Hopefully, with AC Switch coming around in the near future, the demand for collectibles will spike which will in turn affect their value! :)

ikr like blue candy's have really declined i remember when i found someone selling blue candy's for 15 tbt so i bought them all and resold them for a lot more and made tons they also had a bunch of purple candy's for 50 which i bought one and sold super cheap but still made some tbt, but yah blue candys arent what they used to be

It definitely seems to be a supply and demand reason behind the recent price changes after thinking through each other's reasoning. Hopefully, with AC Switch coming around in the near future, the demand for collectibles will spike which will in turn affect their value! :)

Yeah, I think the demands for peaches are greater and they (probably) look nicer so people want them while candies might be more average and many released recently so lots of people could buy them. Etc.

And yeah hopefully they will do another full restock soon so the number might increase and newer people might be able to afford them as well.

ikr like blue candy's have really declined i remember when i found someone selling blue candy's for 15 tbt so i bought them all and resold them for a lot more and made tons they also had a bunch of purple candy's for 50 which i bought one and sold super cheap but still made some tbt, but yah blue candys arent what they used to be

I always am looking out for deals as well, especially since I would love to run a collectible shop that sold most collectibles year-round (wish I can find a supplier or something lol). I actually got most of my current TBT due to a single, large trade (through trading my Love Ball) because I happened to be at the right place at the right time (me and the other user were both happy at the end of the day and that is all that matters in a trade [they loved the Love Ball way more than I did]). :) Like I told Sheila above, I just hope AC Switch will cause a huge surge in the collectibles market due to people coming back and also new users joining as well! :D

Yeah I still need a love ball going off topic lol.

Yeah, I think we need more restocks with the current economy though...

Back