• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I remember one time when I suggest redistributing TBT bells from the rich and inactive members to the poorer members since they aren’t using their accounts (until they reach 10,000 TBT or less), but by making this suggestion, I was completely missing the point (which is that there are fewer Bells in circulation because of the slowing activity on this site). If a new Animal Crossing game comes out, the richer members may return, which would put more TBT into circulation.

But what if they don’t want to come back (even after AC Switch comes out) or are completely incapable of returning? Should the TBT Bells stay with the inactive users, or should they be redistributed to those who will use them?

That'd be messed up, they earned those bells themselves so they should keep them whether they're going to come back or not.

On top of that I strongly disagree with members getting handouts. If members want more TBT then post more or set up a shop or two.

I want to say that including easter collectibles and feathers in this year is pretty interesting and I like it. Its allowing some members to get some more coveted past collectibles in the absence of the fair this year and easter being pure freaking chaos

I want to say that including easter collectibles and feathers in this year is pretty interesting and I like it. Its allowing some members to get some more coveted past collectibles in the absence of the fair this year and easter being pure freaking chaos

yah i totally agree, i remember my sister on here with all the chaos when i was younger XD

That'd be messed up, they earned those bells themselves so they should keep them whether they're going to come back or not.

On top of that I strongly disagree with members getting handouts. If members want more TBT then post more or set up a shop or two.

I was never given any hand-outs and remember thinking back at the start.... how do people have so much TBT and a full sidebar of dope collectibles.

Now I am that person. It will come full-circle, it just won't be instant gratification

I totally agree with you, I know I would be furious if that happened to me! In order to make a lot of TBT on here, people either need to post a ton or they need to be willing to take the risk of owning a shop (like I have with PARADISE Collectibles) to get to a better position TBT-wise. o/

How come? You got 30 Tinsel, which tells me that you?ll eventually get up to 60 Tinsel. Is there an activity you would miss out on?

He doesn't have a Christmas tree this year (mentioned it earlier in the thread) so he was unable to participate the Post Your Christmas Tree event. :/

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, I know I would be furious if that happened to me! In order to make a lot of TBT on here, people either need to post a ton or they need to be willing to take the risk of owning a shop (like I have with PARADISE Collectibles) to get to a better position TBT-wise. o/

I thought it would be a good idea at first, but I started opposing this idea because after the Nintendo Direct announcing the new Animal Crossing game (since I saw a spike in activity). I understand that those who have a lot of TBT worked hard for it, but an argument in support is if they?re not going to use their account, there?s no reason to hold onto their assets. But the whole time I had this idea, I didn?t consider the lack of new Animal Crossing game as the reason why those Bells can?t be in circulation. It would be aggravating to those who came back in wake of a new Animal Crossing game. So they will eventually use their TBT, they just can?t do it right now. I?m only more concerned about unusual cases (there?s a specific case I?m referring to, but I?m not going to talk about it here).

The reason why I thought of this idea is because I wanted to stimulate the marketplace. It was slowing down, once coveted collectibles are losing value, and the demand for collectibles isn?t as high as it used to be. But I missed the whole point of inactivity. So I don?t support this idea anymore. It?s kinda odd that I came up with this idea when I support free market economics, repealing Obamacare without any replacement, and limiting how much control the government can have on business while I oppose income taxes and welfare/government handouts. In fact, it?s contradictory.

@Alolan_Apples I don't think redistributing TBT would do any good. At best it would simply cause inflation, so it wouldn't even accomplish much anyway. Items aren't going to get less rare (except maybe unlimited fruit collectibles), so it will only make people price them higher. At worst it might make people lose faith in the TBT as a legitimate site currency, due to its value being so turbulent, and the possibility of it being taken away if you decide to leave a few years.

I know you already said you now oppose this idea, but I still felt like giving my opinion about it.

Last edited:
I thought it would be a good idea at first, but I started opposing this idea because after the Nintendo Direct announcing the new Animal Crossing game (since I saw a spike in activity). I understand that those who have a lot of TBT worked hard for it, but an argument in support is if they’re not going to use their account, there’s no reason to hold onto their assets. But the whole time I had this idea, I didn’t consider the lack of new Animal Crossing game as the reason why those Bells can’t be in circulation. It would be aggravating to those who came back in wake of a new Animal Crossing game. So they will eventually use their TBT, they just can’t do it right now. I’m only more concerned about unusual cases (there’s a specific case I’m referring to, but I’m not going to talk about it here).

The reason why I thought of this idea is because I wanted to stimulate the marketplace. It was slowing down, once coveted collectibles are losing value, and the demand for collectibles isn’t as high as it used to be. But I missed the whole point of inactivity. So I don’t support this idea anymore. It’s kinda odd that I came up with this idea when I support free market economics, repealing Obamacare without any replacement, and limiting how much control the government can have on business while I oppose income taxes and welfare/government handouts. In fact, it’s contradictory.

There are a number of holes in the whole (heh) idea that add up to it being a really flaky solution. I understand you oppose the idea now but in case anybody is in favour of the idea and wants to throw in their support:

Firstly the thing is in order to make TBT you have to be an active member, whether through posting or some sort of shop. If you're taking tbt from old, inactive accounts and giving it to the poorer ones, you're likely taking from an inactive account and giving it to another, slightly less inactive account. The only exception would be if you're giving the tbt to newbies, but personally I think it'd be best to cut newbies out of the situation entirely since you don't know if they're going to be active members or not.

Another reason I'd be opposed to this is it would give TBT a more static value. The good thing about TBT now is its value is entirely up to the userbase, and it's able to gain and lose value with the flow of site activity and the release of new collectibles. If it were to be redistributed every so often, staff would have to come to a conclusion of what amount of TBT someone would have to have to be considered "poor" and what amount of TBT someone would have to have in order to be considered "rich".

There's also a number of other questions that would need to be addressed regarding the entire process:

- How long does one need to be inactive to be considered an "inactive account"?
- What happens if the inactive accounts come back?
- Would members who steadily make TBT while spending it often enough to fall in "poor" range still be considered poor? How would staff keep track of those members?

If excluding new accounts from redistribution:

- What constitutes as a newbie?
- How long does one need to be active for their newbie status to expire?

Overall while it might be in good spirits it'd be one of those situations that causes more problems than it solves.

How come? You got 30 Tinsel, which tells me that you’ll eventually get up to 60 Tinsel. Is there an activity you would miss out on?

yah as MasterM64 said i wont be able to post my tree because for the first time in 15 years we wont be getting a Christmas tree :(

Last edited:
yah as MasterM64 said i wont be able to post my tree because for the first time in 15 years we wont be getting a Christmas tree :(

What are you going to get instead of a Christmas Tree? Or are you not going to celebrate Christmas?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Alolan_Apples I don't think redistributing TBT would do any good. At best it would simply cause inflation, so it wouldn't even accomplish much anyway. Items aren't going to get less rare (except maybe unlimited fruit collectibles), so it will only make people price them higher. At worst it might make people lose faith in the TBT as a legitimate site currency, due to its value being so turbulent, and the possibility of it being taken away if you decide to leave a few years.

I know you already said you now oppose this idea, but I still felt like giving my opinion about it.

So I see three problems with the idea:

1. It?s wrong to take Bells from those who worked hard for it and give it to those who are either bad with spending or have not done much.
2. Like what gyro said, it wouldn?t really solve the problem. It?s like cleaning up your room, but messing up your closet in exchange (which is not cleaning).
3. It could lead to a massive inflation, making TBT less valuable.

Alolan_Apples said:
So I see three problems with the idea:

1. It’s wrong to take Bells from those who worked hard for it and give it to those who are either bad with spending or have not done much.
2. Like what gyro said, it wouldn’t really solve the problem. It’s like cleaning up your room, but messing up your closet in exchange (which is not cleaning).
3. It could lead to a massive inflation, making TBT less valuable.

I'm glad you see why TBT redistribution would not work my friend! :) If TBT got redistributed, it would ultimately destroy the incentive and appeal of earning it (since people would no longer see the need to work for their TBT and rely on "bailouts" instead) which essentially would crash the entire TBT economy. Also, many people would leave TBT (especially if someone came back and saw all of their hard work gone) which would cause significant damage to the TBT community as a whole especially its reputation amongst the global AC community. Not only would collectibles be negatively affected along with the TBT community, it would absolutely screw up the actual in-game AC economies on TBT which are relatively stable still because of the value of TBT as a substitute currency. As someone who has invested a lot into the TBT economy with my shop, I will always be totally opposed to TBT redistribution of any form because I worked hard for mine and took risks.

Hmm...that Christmas Gold Candy is looking more and more appealing every day. I honestly don't know if I want that or the Toy Hammer more lol.

It's a tough decision by how it sounds my friend! lol As someone who is very content with their lineup and is planning on using their Tinsel to acquire collectibles for a shop (because there are really solid collectibles in Jingle's Shop), I would only suggest the Gold Candy if you don't mind being stuck with it and not being able to trade it. o/ Hope this helps my friend! ;)

Speaking of lineups, due to many amazing people on here helping me, I have finished my dream lineup! :D Here's what it looks like:

fruit-pear.png
fruit-orange.png
fruit-peach.png
fruit-apple.png
fruit-cherry.png
mushroomFamous.png

carnation-red.png
carnation-pink.png
springShamrock.png
springShamrock.png
popsicle-summer.png
ice-cream-swirl-summer.png

Just wanted to share with y'all! :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you see why TBT redistribution would not work my friend! :) If TBT got redistributed, it would ultimately destroy the incentive and appeal of earning it (since people would no longer see the need to work for their TBT and rely on "bailouts" instead) which essentially would crash the entire TBT economy. Also, many people would leave TBT (especially if someone came back and saw all of their hard work gone) which would cause significant damage to the TBT community as a whole especially its reputation amongst the global AC community. Not only would collectibles be negatively affected along with the TBT community, it would absolutely screw up the actual in-game AC economies on TBT which are relatively stable still because of the value of TBT as a substitute currency. As someone who has invested a lot into the TBT economy with my shop, I will always be totally opposed to TBT redistribution of any form because I worked hard for mine and took risks.

And even if my redistribution plan I went against went into effect, it’s not going to affect everybody. It’s only going to affect those with over 10,000 TBT in increments of 1,000, and it will flatten their balance to between 10,000 and 10,999 TBT while the extra TBT is distributed among others (which is not random or biased towards any group). But even still, it wouldn’t be a good idea, in reality or on TBT. Thanks to you and gyro for clarification on the issue.

Just out of curiosity: Will there ever be a Digby collectible? I mean, we have a Isabelle one,
and I think Digby deserve some more love! Having a collectible of both of them would be really
nice if you ask me (especially since he's Isabelle's twin brother).

Just out of curiosity: Will there ever be a Digby collectible? I mean, we have a Isabelle one,
and I think Digby deserve some more love! Having a collectible of both of them would be really
nice if you ask me (especially since he's Isabelle's twin brother).

That would be really cool and I don't think it would be too difficult for them to make one, but I could be wrong of course (not exactly sure what sort of methodology they use when producing collectibles [I doubt they do simple down-scaling of larger source images])! lol I definitely think having more collectibles is not a bad thing since everyone has their own style and it also keeps the TBT Market economy more diverse and it also helps retain collectible values in the longterm by having more niche collectibles (like the Love Balls and Moon Balls which I believe are going to be worth twice as much easy in the future due to being niche Pokemon collectibles). :)

I highly doubt digby would get a collectible tbh... I mean we don't have a tom nook collectible and he is much more known. As well as think of what event a digby collectible would be made for, what reason would they have for it? There are more obvious choices for an animal crossing related event character collectible for sure.

I dont see him getting one unless he gets a bigger role in the new game or someone like chooses him from a contest to be made into one. Its nice to dream, but I don't find it very likely unfortunately.

I highly doubt digby would get a collectible tbh... I mean we don't have a tom nook collectible and he is much more known. As well as think of what event a digby collectible would be made for, what reason would they have for it? There are more obvious choices for an animal crossing related event character collectible for sure.

I dont see him getting one unless he gets a bigger role in the new game or someone like chooses him from a contest to be made into one. Its nice to dream, but I don't find it very likely unfortunately.

Yeah, I definitely think Tom Nook, Blathers, or someone else along those lines who have been around for a long time in the series should get a collectible first, but I do find it interesting how certain villagers got their own collectibles while characters like Tom Nook have not for some reason.

Thinking of other collectibles they should make, I definitely think they should make a coconut one (I find it odd that the only original AC fruit that does not have a collectible yet is the coconut lol)! :) If they make other fruit ones, I think perfect fruit and the other island fruits would be really cool as well and maybe come up with a creative way of acquiring them that would make them worthwhile to be introduced so they have a high collectible aspect to them (maybe they could do an event that revolves fruit somehow? xD). Just some thoughts/ideas...

whenever I see christmas-themed collectible line ups I start to miss the different colored present collectibles. they were so cute. D;

Back