• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I was thinking about selling my Rad Feather for 5,000 TBT and the other feathers (save cool feather) for 1,500 TBT when the new AC game comes out. Do you think they will even sell for these prices by then, or are they still to high? I know I can’t sell them for these prices now (unless if you’re willing to take my surplus feathers for the prices set right now) due to the lack of TBT, but I think they will at least get there by then.

5k is absurd lmao

I think a lot of us here joined because we were looking for items for our towns. Personally, I joined because I wanted to find a home for Bud and I had no initial plans to stay afterwards. Even if a minority of people who join end up getting into the rare collectible market, I still predict that it will be enough to drive up prices significantly.

5k is absurd lmao

So even when there’s only like 24 in existence?

I wonder if aesthetics determine the worth more than the amount and the shop price (I remember it costed 25 tickets, just like the red pinwheel)? Of course, it could also be because there are so many feathers we could spend less to create a colorful lineup than spend a lot on one collectible.

popularity and scarcity are both determining factors, though I'd put scarcity as the initial deciding factor

since an item being scarce means nothing if it's also undesired, but a desirable item in plentiful quantities isn't exactly going to surge in price either

So even when there’s only like 24 in existence?

I wonder if aesthetics determine the worth more than the amount and the shop price (I remember it costed 25 tickets, just like the red pinwheel)? Of course, it could also be because there are so many feathers we could spend less to create a colorful lineup than spend a lot on one collectible.

yeah i just talked about this

I also remembered back when collectibles used to be rarer and high-priced, people wanted the rarer collectibles because of “bragging rights”, but now there are so many collectibles so it won’t matter today. I just like having a lot of TBT Bells.

But I was suggesting since 2017 that TBT should have another feature - user emblems. While collectibles are something you can buy, emblems are something you have to earn. Some are easy handouts because they are based on user preferences or registration times, but some won’t come to you until you unlock them. Unlike collectibles, they only appear on your profile.

my collectibles "bragging rights" thing has always been having the full house set purchased from the shop

and even that isn't anything I'm throwing around in people's faces all the time

my collectibles "bragging rights" thing has always been having the full house set purchased from the shop

and even that isn't anything I'm throwing around in people's faces all the time

And even if I have a full lineup of “assorted collectibles” and 20k TBT, I wouldn’t let it give me “bragging rights”. It’s about decorating my sidebar, just like if you decorated a limousine with the most lavish decorations.

tbh, the only thing that'd be worth bragging about imo, is if someone was ever able to pry a weird doll off another user in the future (without there being any newly released ones)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Relax I'm kidding, display what you want friend

oh yeah, np. I figured you were messing around to begin with

Last edited:
My thought process on collectibles is... and its an opinion which I know some people will freak out about... they are something to collect. Shocker. You collect something to be proud of your collection, whether you show that pride publicly or it fulfills something for yourself, each person is different. I don't think anyone outwardly collects or gets collectibles to "brag" or "show off" because that person would be shunned and no one would sell them anything lol.

If you think someone is "showing off" and "bragging" because they display nice collectibles or get defensive because someone misinterpreted your sarcasm, you need to think about your own role in that situation and take responsibility. you can't just assume someone else's motive or change someone else's mind, but you can be more cognizant of what you put out in the future and big enough to take fault in your own bad assumptions or poor joke. To do otherwise is just an excuse.

I'd be mighty upset if someone judged me based on how i show off nicely coordinated feathers and candies. I'd also be mature enough to apologize if someone got upset because I made a joke that someone got offended by, which I do a lot because I have a weird sense of humor around my irl friends.

My thought process on collectibles is... and its an opinion which I know some people will freak out about... they are something to collect. Shocker. You collect something to be proud of your collection, whether you show that pride publicly or it fulfills something for yourself, each person is different. I don't think anyone outwardly collects or gets collectibles to "brag" or "show off" because that person would be shunned and no one would sell them anything lol.

If you think someone is "showing off" and "bragging" because they display nice collectibles or get defensive because someone misinterpreted your sarcasm, you need to think about your own role in that situation and take responsibility. you can't just assume someone else's motive or change someone else's mind, but you can be more cognizant of what you put out in the future and big enough to take fault in your own bad assumptions or poor joke. To do otherwise is just an excuse.

I'd be mighty upset if someone judged me based on how i show off nicely coordinated feathers and candies. I'd also be mature enough to apologize if someone got upset because I made a joke that someone got offended by, which I do a lot because I have a weird sense of humor around my irl friends.

Definitely agree with your statements Toadsworthy, for the longest time I actually didn't care for collectibles and thought they were silly, but after running a shop and growing a strong appreciation for the art style put into them, I find them really cool now! :D I personally collect and sell collectibles for pure fun and it always brings me joy to see someone happy when I sell them something they were wanting/looking for! :) At the end of the day, I just see them as something to collect as well. When it comes to people being unreasonable, I definitely think that doesn't belong here at all on TBT especially since this community is based off of a game series that is about having fun and many other positive things! :)

Completely random but I love my party poppers, they look so nice and I can't believe they're only 5k right now?? rofl

Back