• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

The cold-hearted truth is, nobody really wants a Rad Feather. Selling it is like trying to sell the lowest-rated N64 games to someone when they didn’t sell enough. So even if it doesn’t get redesigned into a Golden Feather, it’s a failed collectible.

I remember back in 2014, I was worried about the Yellow Feather not being popular. Because back in the day, yellow was the least popular color among many users, hence why the Yellow Feather didn’t sell as well as the other unlimited stock feathers. But in 2016, it changed since they were the least common unlimited-stock feather.

I wouldn't call it failed since I know there are people out there that like/love it (from reading past posts on this very thread) and there also will always be someone out there collecting every collectible and eventually when there is enough of those people around, the value & interest of the given collectible goes up because so few are in circulation. Just food for thought I guess.

When it comes to the history of the Yellow Feather, I find this very helpful and enlightening because it took a while for me to find the 2016 one in my lineup since I saw few people had one & basically none were out for sale/trade and was just very fortunate that I had a friend land one for me! :)

ALSO MODS IF YOU LOOK HERE IDEA FOR EGG: star and moon themed, please it's my aesthetic, thanks so much

I think that would be really cool! Imagine if they made a solar system series of Easter Eggs including a Sun, Moon, & Comet one! :)

Last edited:
People want Rad Feathers, but they know they aren't Rad enough to handle them. I own a Rad Feather, and I am very Rad. Coincidence?

I wouldn't call it failed since I know there are people out there that like/love it (from reading past posts on this very thread) and there also will always be someone out there collecting every collectible and eventually when there is enough of those people around, the value & interest of the given collectible goes up because so few are in circulation. Just food for thought I guess.

It’s a good thing that I currently own one since collectibles that very little has sold would be much more profitable. Right now, we’re currently in a phase of inactivity, so it’s not going to sell well, hence why I’m keeping it until later, like I would with the common feathers.

the rad feather was my favorite in the last fair, i call it the Watermelon feather, it's the only feather i went for last time.

(i do lowkey kinda wish i also had a sweet feather bc it looks like a kracko feather to me).

i dont think rad feather was unpopular, there was just more of a rush to get the sweet and boss feathers. had more people earned enough tickets i think more of the rad feathers would have sold. anyhow, i think it's a great summertime collectible!

The cold-hearted truth is, nobody really wants a Rad Feather. Selling it is like trying to sell the lowest-rated N64 games to someone when they didn?t sell enough.
I would buy a rad feather and the lowest rated N64 games. I just wouldn't buy them for as much as a sweet feather and Super Smash Bros.

The year is 2023. With so few rad feathers in circulation, all of the TBT members who joined since the release of AC switch are extremely curious. Where did this oddly coloured feather come from? Why was it so unpopular at its release? The rad feather gains the celebrity status of the weird doll as the marketplace floods with hungry newbies hoping to understand the mystery of the rad feather for themselves.

Now I wonder. When the community rebounds to the point where chocolate cakes will worth 3,000 TBT or more, will the white feather worth 20,000 TBT again? Or is it stuck at 10,000 TBT? I’d figure that it will be back at 20,000 TBT with more TBT in circulation, but it wouldn’t necessarily happen. Not only there are more white feathers now than before, but there’s been so many setbacks on forum currency. Many systems (including poll creation Bells) have been confiscated due to abuse, and a couple of members got fined for exploiting the username change glitch.

Last edited:
I don't think any collectibles and the landscape of collectible sales will ever be like it has been.... partly because there is just so many more collectibles

Back to the original question about white feathers. I’d assume less activity and more white feathers caused it to not worth as much as it used to be. But I want to know if the setbacks (like Welcome Bells being disabled, Jingle’s Jolly Jamboree etc) on forum currency caused it to lose worth as well.

So are you saying that we’ll never get to 5,000 active members again? Or is the chocolate cake basically not worth much anymore?

It isn't gonna rebound that much

That's actually hard to predict. You didn't see TBT's activity pre-NL.

I am honestly thinking and predicting that the community will rebound tremendously because the Switch is really popular and the Animal Crossing series is at all-time high in popularity thanks to New Leaf. It's just that there are less people playing New Leaf at the moment because many people have enjoyed their time on it/got bored with and there is also Pocket Camp as well. I think once AC Switch comes out, many members will return and many new ones will come full of excitement for the new game. I'm quite excited if you ask me! :D

That's a funny way of calling it! xD Congratulations on that, the easter eggs are really cool collectibles to own! :) I have thought about collecting them, but I guess my taste is a bit different for my lineup (but that is what makes collectibles interesting since everyone has different preferences).

yeah, they're prob my favorite recurring variety collectible, so

and likewise, aside from a select few items, I'm not too big on the more "standard" fair collectibles. hence why I decided to just sell off all my feathers. and with the fairs moving to yearly themes now, unless they recycle a theme one year, I'm likely to never touch a feather out of those shops

though that said, I really feel like they should rerelease the balloons. I could see some creative combinations with them using stuff like the flowers too, but the fact that iirc the last major release for the balloons was like 2014 means no lineup could even attempt this if they wanted. at the very least though, it'd bump my interest up for them slightly. since I'd kinda put them down as "neat idea, bad timing" collectibles

and as far as egg collecting goes, when/if I finish up with the not super pricey eggs, I'll prob go and work on the remainder of the other not super pricey collectibles I'm interested in, before moving onto the pricier eggs

- - - Post Merge - - -

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like the White Feather?

I kind of like it, but not 10k+ like

though I love it as a 10k+ selling tool

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like the White Feather?

Wanna know what feather collectible I never got the appeal of? The rainbow feather. I never cared too much about feathers in Animal Crossing, and I even thought the rainbow feather was too tacky. But you could never get it here unless you win a TBT Fair contest, and I never won a site contest ever.

the only reason I ever want a rainbow feather is to be able to say I have a gay pride feather

likewise, sweet feather to be able to say I have a trans pride feather

the only reason I ever want a rainbow feather is to be able to say I have a gay pride feather

likewise, sweet feather to be able to say I have a trans pride feather

Lmaooo the sweet feathers always made me think of the trans pride flag too. I kinda miss putting them next to my gay feathers but idk as pretty as the feathers are I always found myself not really liking them in my line ups.. with the exception of the rainbow feather which is one of my top fav collectibles in general.

Back