• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Fun fact: The four basic feathers are all white feathers dyed with something else:

Red feathers = ketchup feathers
Yellow feathers = mustard feathers
Green feathers = guacamole feathers
Blue feathers = Gatorade feathers

I can't see myself spending that much TBT on any collectible even if I had that much tbh. Unless it was a glow wand but who doesn't like those

yeah, I can't even see myself with that much tbt to begin with. but for any of the super pricey items, even if it's something I kinda like (pokeball), I just sort of "nope" right out

maybe if I was sitting on like 50k tbt or something, but otherwise... ehhhhh

though it does in retrospect make me super glad I was able to get all but the animated glow wand during the fair, since that'd be like the closest thing to tempting me to spend close to/over 10k in fake digital currency for a box of pixels

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fun fact: The four basic feathers are all white feathers dyed with something else:

Green feathers = guacamole feathers

petition to rename the green feather the millennial feather

Last edited:
Wow 9 members are currently viewing this thread. The collectible market has really improved these past few months.

Wow 9 members are currently viewing this thread. The collectible market has really improved these past few months.

I definitely agree, I find it quite exciting and it definitely makes me wonder more what AC Switch is going to do the TBT economy overall! :)

I am honestly thinking and predicting that the community will rebound tremendously because the Switch is really popular and the Animal Crossing series is at all-time high in popularity thanks to New Leaf. It's just that there are less people playing New Leaf at the moment because many people have enjoyed their time on it/got bored with and there is also Pocket Camp as well. I think once AC Switch comes out, many members will return and many new ones will come full of excitement for the new game. I'm quite excited if you ask me! :D

that doesn't mean collectibles will sell for 20K and the collectibles will be like they used to though. As everyone is saying, they wouldn't buy a "boring" white feather when they could get a line up of 6 eggs. They will be deterred from going for rare ones in favor of cheaper ones since there is so many more options. I think it will be the aesthetically pleasing ones that people go for, like sweet feather-esque collectibles and pink ones because those seem to be most popular, look at the typical people who are on the forums.

People liked white feathers in the past because there wasn't too many types of feathers anyway and their were such few of them. Why go for a "overpriced" feather like that when they can create a line up of something else. and now they have the roster of collectibles to do so. I think collectible sales will increase when more people come yes, but its gonna be selling of moderately priced collectibles that will be more common.

The rainbow feather is one of my favourite collectibles (along with balloons, sweet feather and yoshi egg) but unless they make a "Turning Christmas Songs Into Collectible Parodies" contest I don't think I'll ever win one

The reason why white feathers are so rare is because they get easily dyed with something else. Originally, I thought of something grosser for the common feathers listed above, but I didn’t want to get infractions so I associated them with all food dyes.

I'm partial to black feather just because I have the first one, but I also really like the fresh feather's design the most

we also have to take into account that the surge of newer members won't immediately have access to buying the more valuable collectibles, so

yeah, I can see the more common ones pulling more weight for the initial surge. then as it evens out, the more rarer collectibles perhaps get a slight, but not drastic, bump

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm partial to black feather just because I have the first one, but I also really like the fresh feather's design the most

seeing your lineup just makes me think "easter egg feather" with the fresh variety

Last edited:
My personal favorite feather is the Hot Feather. I happen to really like its design.

we also have to take into account that the surge of newer members won't immediately have access to buying the more valuable collectibles, so

yeah, I can see the more common ones pulling more weight for the initial surge. then as it evens out, the more rarer collectibles perhaps get a slight, but not drastic, bump

It’s more than just newer members. I was referring to older members returning.

that doesn't mean collectibles will sell for 20K and the collectibles will be like they used to though. As everyone is saying, they wouldn't buy a "boring" white feather when they could get a line up of 6 eggs. They will be deterred from going for rare ones in favor of cheaper ones since there is so many more options. I think it will be the aesthetically pleasing ones that people go for, like sweet feather-esque collectibles and pink ones because those seem to be most popular, look at the typical people who are on the forums.

People liked white feathers in the past because there wasn't too many types of feathers anyway and their were such few of them. Why go for a "overpriced" feather like that when they can create a line up of something else. and now they have the roster of collectibles to do so. I think collectible sales will increase when more people come yes, but its gonna be selling of moderately priced collectibles that will be more common.

I will say though that I wasn't really talking about pricing in terms of "rebound", I'm mostly talking about overall activity in the TBT Market. Pricing could go up too, but it depends on many factors.

Your reasoning does make sense though about prices especially since most TBT is increasingly being bottled up by a smaller group of active members and there are a lot bottled up in inactive accounts as well. There will be more TBT in circulation though once people join/return when the new game comes out. All we can do is wait and continue predicting I guess! lol

Last edited:
It’s more than just newer members. I was referring to older members returning.

tbh I'm not sure how much I'd account for them to bump the market up

they might've run off with the tbt, but they also ran off with the collectibles. thus returning members means a boost in both things available

so prices could rise due to more tbt in circulation, but also fall due to slightly less scarcity of items

Last edited:

nope, because who has the most rare collectibles. People who like aren't on the forums anymore, so they are gonna come back, want TBT for the new game to get stuff and sell their rarer collectibles for far less because thats whats already happening/ is the market now. New people drawn for the game, will buy stuff for the game and maybe some cheap collectibles if they're into that. I don't think the mindset of new players will be "i want a white and black feather for this new forum I barely joined".... its gonna be "I want things for my new town, because that why I'm here in the first place"

old/ rare collectibles will be sold at low prices, and then the next time those collectibles are sold , they won't be like "back in 2014 these white feathers sold for 20K" its gonna be " I bought this for 10K in 2019" and thus making those old, super high prices irrelevant

- - - Post Merge - - -

if anything sells crazy its gonna be new and very rare collectibles, but because the market is now saturated with low-price sales, the TBT overall will be spread out and so auctions would be capped much lower than they were in the past

yeah, that's another fine point. we're almost certain to get a surge of activity when ac switch hits, but new members will first and foremost be joining for ac switch. stuff like the collectibles market will be a secondary thing at best to the majority of them

at least up and until they can find ways to carve themselves into it in order to help bolster their ac switch desires

Last edited:
I was thinking about selling my Rad Feather for 5,000 TBT and the other feathers (save cool feather) for 1,500 TBT when the new AC game comes out. Do you think they will even sell for these prices by then, or are they still to high? I know I can’t sell them for these prices now (unless if you’re willing to take my surplus feathers for the prices set right now) due to the lack of TBT, but I think they will at least get there by then.

I was thinking about selling my Rad Feather for 5,000 TBT and the other feathers (save cool feather) for 1,500 TBT when the new AC game comes out. Do you think they will even sell for these prices by then, or are they still to high? I know I can’t sell them for these prices now (unless if you’re willing to take my surplus feathers for the prices set right now) due to the lack of TBT, but I think they will at least get there by then.

Rad for 5K now and then is not feasible imo, I don't think they ever sold that high even right after the fair. I think yes feathers could go up in price months after AC for switch come out but it would be up to about 2K probably. No one is gonna want to spend more than that really and the TBT will be more spread out anyway

- - - Post Merge - - -

All feathers I feel like will be like that with white/black/final boss higher and maybe purple/pink a little higher just because there is so few of them

Back