• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I would be living with God by then. I don?t think I would even live up to 70 in age.

No weird doll for me then. But I don?t care.

Last edited:
I looked back at the previous Bell Tree Directs we had. Judging by how the staff written them, my favorite ones were the 10th Direct (11.20.15) and the 15th Direct (10.21.18). My favorite quotes were:

Back when the feature launched back in 2011, 4200 Bells was a lot at the time, but as you all know that is no longer the case. Hence, the drastic price increase.

And

Aside from some position changes, our current staff team has been made up of the same people over the last two years.

First one implied how different the amount of currency was in the early days of TBT 2.0, as the groups were meant to be limited and expensive, but as time passed by, that amount is little. But now I think it?s time to lower the price again. The lack of updates on the feature and Discord?s group directory kinda made this obsolete, as the high price is painfully discouraging.

The second one quoted here talked about how much the staff really changed. Because of decreasing activity on this forum, there was no need to get new moderators for a while, but it?s interesting to see them keep the same staff for a long time when we normally get new moderators every year. It?s sad to see Jake and Tom go despite them being active.

The rest of both directs were well-written, as we got to see more background to why they made these changes.

Just letting you know, I still have 1,000 TBT, but they’re all in my group savings. I was hoping to get more donations since starting a group is one thing I wanted to do since I joined this site.

All I’m hoping for is a helping hand from the staff, either by lowering the group add-on price or giving me the rest I need to start a group. This time, it’s on a subject that catches more interest. Collectible-based groups don’t work, and somehow, a group on creative ideas isn’t enough.

So I went through my entire TBT transaction history, recording all the TBT transactions between users. My net total is...

2,629 TBT (gained)

In other news, I thought I would have a lot of knowledge on TBT’s collectibles and the marketplace, but I’m truly don’t know enough. It took me a long time to realize that inactivity is why collectibles are priced lower. I also learned what other factors contributed to the high prices of collectibles a long time ago:

- There were a lot of TBT Bells back in 2013 because of Welcome Bells, as members at the time didn’t care for them until later.
- Collectibles were priced higher because there weren’t very many collectibles, as hot collectibles were priced highly since everyone wanted them.

I claim to be an expert when it comes to collectibles and selling, but the fact I had to learn all of this proves otherwise.

Last edited:
decided to check for myself, and I'm at +7727 right now, amazingly enough. shout out to the final club nintendo platinum prize for contributing to over 5k of that

and as a bonus, here's the highlight for my transaction log
tV2H5Hp.png

In 2082, you will be able to do that. But right now, it?s impossible.

This post kind of makes me wonder how long TBT is going to last. It's already been fairly long-lived, and it doesn't seem like Animal Crossing games will stop being made anytime soon.

This post kind of makes me wonder how long TBT is going to last. It's already been fairly long-lived, and it doesn't seem like Animal Crossing games will stop being made anytime soon.

Quick horror story: it is currently the apocalypse and and you're the only person left alive that you know of. No more news reports are coming in, and everything is eerily silent. Waiting to die, you decide to open your laptop and visit the Bell Tree Forums one last time. You look at who's online: 1 member (you) and 1 guest.

Quick horror story: it is currently the apocalypse and and you're the only person left alive that you know of. No more news reports are coming in, and everything is eerily silent. Waiting to die, you decide to open your laptop and visit the Bell Tree Forums one last time. You look at who's online: 1 member (you) and 1 guest.

You watch this guest's activity intently. Maybe you were wrong and there are other people around. You watch as this guest views hundreds of threads, some of which you have posted in before. Despite having no idea about who this user is, you feel a connection with them. Even in these dark times, both of you can still appreciate Animal Crossing like everything is still okay. Suddenly you see this guest is registering. You feel a rush of excitement as you wait for their account to appear. Then you see a new post. After all this time, you can finally talk to another person. You read their post:

"watch alvin and the chipmunks: the road chip online now"

And then, you feel nothing at all.

You watch this guest's activity intently. Maybe you were wrong and there are other people around. You watch as this guest views hundreds of threads, some of which you have posted in before. Despite having no idea about who this user is, you feel a connection with them. Even in these dark times, both of you can still appreciate Animal Crossing like everything is still okay. Suddenly you see this guest is registering. You feel a rush of excitement as you wait for their account to appear. Then you see a new post. After all this time, you can finally talk to another person. You read their post:

"watch alvin and the chipmunks: the road chip online now"

And then, you feel nothing at all.

not a likely malware-infested camrip movie site 2/10

You know, I’m quite terrified by the idea of being the only person left alive in the world. With nobody to talk to and nothing going through, I would not want to live there.

So I decided that i’m done collecting funds to start a group. This time, I’m not doing it again. I’m just going to spend my own TBT to start a group.

I have two questions:

1. Should I spend on a group myself? They said it requires crowdfunding, but people are discouraged by the prices so they don’t want to help.
2. Why am I being ignored when I talk about groups on this thread or anywhere?

So I decided that i’m done collecting funds to start a group. This time, I’m not doing it again. I’m just going to spend my own TBT to start a group.

I have two questions:

1. Should I spend on a group myself? They said it requires crowdfunding, but people are discouraged by the prices so they don’t want to help.
2. Why am I being ignored when I talk about groups on this thread or anywhere?

Imo I think it's a waste of TBT to start a group. The group function is pretty much dead. Im a member of 5 groups on here, and I very rarely ever see anyone post in them. Likewise,having a discussion thread about a topic is a much better alternative.
With that in mind, answering your questions:

1. No.

2. Not to sound rude, but nobody really cares.

Now maybe if groups become a more popular thing in the future then yeah, you'll have more luck starting one. But with the limited funds that everyone as, the scarcity of TBT, and the limited special functionality groups have, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Back