Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Omg there should be like a contest to 'paint the best egg' collectable, like draw a new egg collectable and the winner has their egg made into that collectable. I mean, people paint eggs on Easter. I wasn't around for it, but wasn't there like a Halloween contest like that?

While the backround does make it hard to emit that light effect, I think it might help if it were a little whiter? Or make the center the brightest part of the egg? Idk man.

Omg there should be like a contest to 'paint the best egg' collectable, like draw a new egg collectable and the winner has their egg made into that collectable. I mean, people paint eggs on Easter. I wasn't around for it, but wasn't there like a Halloween contest like that?

While the backround does make it hard to emit that light effect, I think it might help if it were a little whiter? Or make the center the brightest part of the egg? Idk man.

I think that would be a really good idea for an Easter event! :D Hmmm... I'll definitely have to think on that idea for sure! :) I guess I will need to try to experiment so more! lol

EDIT: I think I have a revision of the Radiant Easter Egg concept (I tried to make it look like it was glowing even more without completely destroying the subtle details)! :D

Here's the comparison (the newest one is to the left w/ contrast comparison as well):

attachment.php
Vs.
attachment.php

attachment.php
easterEggDark.png
Vs.
attachment.php
easterEggDark.png

Which one does everyone think is better? :D

Last edited:
The newer version does look more glowy.

I think the bottom part blends in too much with the background tbh

Thank y'all for the feedback! :D I made another revision of the Radiant Easter Egg and hopefully this will be the happy medium of keeping it obvious, but yet glowing/radiant at the same time! :) With this version, I added some shadowing to the bottom part of the egg, slightly darkened the egg border, enhanced the texture on the egg a bit more, and improved the radiant properties of it! :D Here's the comparisons of all 3 versions so far (newest one on the left like last time w/ contrast comparisons):

attachment.php
Vs.
attachment.php
Vs.
attachment.php

easterEggGold.png
attachment.php
easterEggDark.png
Vs.
easterEggGold.png
attachment.php
easterEggDark.png
Vs.
easterEggGold.png
attachment.php
easterEggDark.png

What do y'all think of this recent revision? :D I'm finding this fun to be quite honest doing subtle tweaks! lol I do think it would be really cool if this became an official collectible somehow (or at least inspire one in production in the future) especially since I know multiple people have mentioned a white Easter egg in the past! :D

I just finished going through TBT’s history and finding all of the winners of official contests since 2011. The hardest part about it is that some of these members have changed their usernames since they were announced as winners. Luckily, I was able to know the current usernames of these people who won (and paid close attention to the spelling of each username). Right now, I’m counting how many winners there are, so I can’t tell you yet.

These list include everyone that won:

- An official site contest (including Pok?mon and Smash tournaments from the past two TBT Fair events, the Holiday Secret Santa’s Signature Contest from 2012, and that Woods Expedition pumpkin carving contest in 2017).
- A pink candy collectible.
- A special snowflake collectible.
- A golden egg collectible.
- A snowglobe collectible.
- A green fair pinwheel collectible.
- A crescent moon glow wand collectible.
- A tetris grid collectible.

Most of the members from the older contests have been absent from this site for a while, but a lot of the members I know, including the more famous members, have landed in at least one of these lists.

I’ll post the list of all winners this week, in three blog entries.

Last edited:
it might just be the device I'm using currently, but I'm honestly not seeing any difference with the revision myself

The differences are definitely subtle for sure, and the display you use can definitely affect the outcome depending on contrast settings, etc. (I personally use a 32" TV as my main PC monitor so it is easier for me to see the individual pixels). o/ The biggest changes are the emphasis of the texture on the egg, the slightly darker border, and the shadowing at the bottom portion of the egg. :)

Just looks like a normal egg you buy from the supermarket to me :eek: I'm on my phone though so idk

Just looks like a normal egg you buy from the supermarket to me :eek: I'm on my phone though so idk

I can see why you think that! xD That's why I kind of went for one with a twist of being radiant looking and giving it a subtle texture so it was more interesting than a regular super market egg! lol The biggest difference of the concept compared to the other Easter egg collectibles is the radiant look on the background area hence the name Radiant Easter Egg. o/

I finished writing down the lists of all of the winners of the contests and the fair collectibles.

Contest Winners
TBT Fair Event Winners

Keep in mind that I am not trying to advertise people to read my blog. I’m only sharing links to show how much progress I made on compiling a list of all of the winners. I still have to write Part Three, but I’ll do that tomorrow. And I decided there will be a Part Four.

In the meantime, if you want the Egg Hunt to come, you’ll have to wait quite a while. Easter is very late in April, and we’re only in early March.

Last edited:
victory road more like elite four (parts)

The reason why I called it Victory Road is because if I had to start a group, that’s what I would name it if it were for the winners. I know I’ve been talking about starting a group too many times, but this time, I’m not going to start one, unless if it’s for something like Victory Road and not The Apple Empire.

I finished writing Part Three and Part Four of the winners list.

Seasonal Event Winners
All Winners

This was a lot of work for me. I’m glad that I didn’t have to make the staff find these winners themselves. Not only it would take a lot of time to search back into the past to find these winners, but some of the usernames recorded no longer exist because of the username changes.

If there were just as many glow wands in circulation as there are apple collectibles, what would be their estimated price?

I would think the value would be relatively the same (the value of a Apple currently if this scenario was the case) unless demand caused the price to be higher than normal. A great example of this is the Purple Bat Potions and the Moon & Love Balls. There are around 50 of each of these collectibles, but yet the Moon & Love Balls command a much higher price due to their extremely high demand from collectors and Pokemon fans. Additionally, if my memory serves me correctly, Moon Balls are rarer than Love Balls (in a supply point of view), but yet Love Balls typically cost more because people like them more (higher demand)! o_O

Last edited:
Back