• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I wonder how many birthstones were discarded this past month and in general but this is especially good news for those with lovely birthstone lineups (and also ones in the works). :eek:

i discarded a ruby some months ago may it rest in peace : (

All I ever wanted was an emerald for myself so.... I never really cared for birthstones

I wonder how many birthstones were discarded this past month and in general but this is especially good news for those with lovely birthstone lineups (and also ones in the works). :eek:

I didn't know people would actually do that until this post... WHY PEOPLE, THEY COST A LOT OF BELLS???

Yeah I discarded a topaz that I bought at one point because a friend wanted to gift me a new one for my birthday

Last edited:
I didn't know people would actually do that until this post... WHY PEOPLE, THEY COST A LOT OF BELLS???

your own fault for making them unique and giftable only once

also, let's face it: 299 tbt is peasant money for the filthy rich here

Last edited:
I consider every single collectible I own as a keeper, and I mostly own one of each.

Other than that I like the birthstone change. If I ever consider buying another birthstone, I’d probably sell the one I just bought. The older one is too nostalgic to let go.

but speaking seriously about this change, I actually did have one multiple stones idea that perhaps in the future I'll work on getting together, so this is neat for that

though for right now, calendar order stones take priority

Just when I finally completed my 2014 birthstone set after struggling for so long, they release this update lol. Ah well, this is good for people who want multiple birthstone for their lineups. :p

Do you think if I placed an auction on my ditto egg, that it would be successful? I want to buy collectables, and the best way seems to be selling. I don't really want to sell my others. The ditto egg is nice and all, purple is always nice, but I'm not a Pok?mon fan and I have zero idea how to use it in a lineup. Hm.

Do you think if I placed an auction on my ditto egg, that it would be successful? I want to buy collectables, and the best way seems to be selling. I don't really want to sell my others. The ditto egg is nice and all, purple is always nice, but I'm not a Pok?mon fan and I have zero idea how to use it in a lineup. Hm.

I think a successful auction depends on many factors---most of all, how much TBT is the ideal goal for you as the seller/auctioneer and how long will the auction run? If you hold off until it's summer, you might get more interest since some people (in school) will have more free time. c:

Yeah, I think I'll wait a while longer, so that 1 maybe it's rarity factor (and tbt value) will go up, and I'm thinking one week long? That might be too long??? But I know that not everyone can be on all the time, so I want to give people an equal opportunity to have a chance atleast.

My end goal is to get a decent to nice amount of tbt to buy more collectables. Tis a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I'll wait a while longer, so that 1 maybe it's rarity factor (and tbt value) will go up, and I'm thinking one week long? That might be too long??? But I know that not everyone can be on all the time, so I want to give people an equal opportunity to have a chance atleast.

My end goal is to get a decent to nice amount of tbt to buy more collectables. Tis a vicious cycle.

I've seen auctions last for a month so it really is up to you. :3

Just remember that based on the rules in regard to auctions, your auction must end on the date you set---no changing the "end date" once it starts. You get to bump the thread once every 4 (or more) hrs. so at least that will keep it on page 1 of the Marketplace.

Overall, I definitely think you will get the minimum market value return so you can continue your collectible hunt.

from what I've seen, you can basically get the expected average value from an auction compared to selling. Both an auction and straight up selling it require interest and demand for that particular collectible for it to sell fast. But I've only seen one auction where the selling bid was very high compared to the average price. So basically what I'm saying is if you want tbt, you're pretty much better off selling it as you're not going to make much more from an auction unless it's a very rare, in-demand collectible.

from what I've seen, you can basically get the expected average value from an auction compared to selling. Both an auction and straight up selling it require interest and demand for that particular collectible for it to sell fast. But I've only seen one auction where the selling bid was very high compared to the average price. So basically what I'm saying is if you want tbt, you're pretty much better off selling it as you're not going to make much more from an auction unless it's a very rare, in-demand collectible.

Hm yeah, I don't think the demand is that great for it to start an auction. I've seen a few threads for them, and even during the egg hunt time.

Thanks for the responses! I think I'll continue to scavenge the marketplace for more buyers.

Back