• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Did you know:

PM offers for a collectible has became a pet peeve for me. Not only I failed to buy the disco ball egg last February because of that, but when I’m trying to sell something for a certain price, some random person sends me a PM, asking for my collectible at a lower price. I used to tolerate it, but now when I have a collectible for sale and not for auction (so far I don’t have any), I will have to turn off both my VM and PM features until the collectible has been sold.

Last edited:
I hope so

what better time for the first old school animal crossing week than right after getting more information for the newest animal crossing game?

also, it just now occurred to me how new horizon's feature of furniture outside opens up a ton of creative option for future decoration contests in upcoming fairs

Last edited:
"celebrate your future island life in animal crossing: new horizons with our first ever release of 2 brand new fruit collectibles: banana and coconut. available for a limited time only"

When the new AC game comes out, what do you think the TBT exchange rate will start with. I remember hearing that it used to be 100 TBT per 100,000 Bells. Then it slowly went up. Then it drastically went up because of collectibles. But due to the removal of welcome Bells and how there?s less TBT in circulation to begin with, it may not be as low as it used to be when ACNL first came out. But then again, we don?t know if money making will be any easier or any harder, as the collectible craze died years ago, so I don?t know where it will start.

Last edited:
When the new AC game comes out, what do you think the TBT exchange rate will start with. I remember hearing that it used to be 100 TBT per 100,000 Bells. Then it slowly went up. Then it drastically went up because of collectibles. But due to the removal of welcome Bells and how there’s less TBT in circulation to begin with, it may not be as low as it used to be when ACNL first came out. But then again, we don’t know if money making will be any easier or any harder, as the collectible craze died years ago, so I don’t know where it will start.

From what it sounds like after reading what people are saying and different news articles, they're going to probably try to nerf all potential ways to make massive Bells-- primarily duping and time travel, I'm assuming? Since I know hacking in Bells will be nearly impossible since it's on the switch. If that's truly the case though, and the fact that tools break and resources seem a bit more limited, the conversion rate is going to skyrocket. Especially knowing the time gap between NH and NL, there's gonna be tons of people willing to cough up all their TBT for IGB when the game is released.

From what it sounds like after reading what people are saying and different news articles, they're going to probably try to nerf all potential ways to make massive Bells-- primarily duping and time travel, I'm assuming? Since I know hacking in Bells will be nearly impossible since it's on the switch. If that's truly the case though, and the fact that tools break and resources seem a bit more limited, the conversion rate is going to skyrocket. Especially knowing the time gap between NH and NL, there's gonna be tons of people willing to cough up all their TBT for IGB when the game is released.

When you mean skyrocket, do you mean more IGB per TBT or more TBT per IGB? If it’s more TBT per IGB, then in my perspective, Nintendo’s handling on cheating is going to make the rate lower. Cause I thought if it went higher, I’ll have to sell 50 million Bells per 100 TBT.

Last edited:
When you mean skyrocket, do you mean more IGB per TBT or more TBT per IGB? If it’s more TBT per IGB, then in my perspective, Nintendo’s handling on cheating is going to make the rate lower. Cause I thought if it went higher, I’ll have to sell 50 million Bells per 100 TBT.

I think initially with the conversion rate, IGB is going to be worth a lot more (50k-100k) per TBT (due to there being less IGB than TBT in circulation) and it will eventually reach closer to the exchange rate we have currently over time through more players and more IGB being produced. Additionally, IGB inflates much quicker compared to TBT which means this trend will be the case over time regardless of what people try to do to manipulate the economy in their favor (like artificially overvaluing IGB for example). I don't think it will reach the current exchange rate though because of the Switch being harder to hack/cheat on which would be a very good thing for the TBT economy. I could be wrong of course because Nintendo could always introduce some sort of data transfer feature for New Leaf to New Horizons... I guess we will have to see how everything goes.

I mean a smaller amount of IGB will be worth a massive amount of TBT. The influx of new members, especially those who will be posting in TBT-generating parts of the forum, will add a large amount of TBT to the "economy" from their game-related posts. Most new members post asking questions or wanting to buy stuff for NH, both of which would be in areas of the forum that offer lots of TBT from lots of posting. This means an overall increase in TBT in both new and old members of the forum. Old members consist of primarily collectihoes and art-hoes, among others, whereas the new members will more than likely be spending their TBT on stuff in-game only. And by this, I'm inclined to believe they'll be splurging on IGB.

Imagine you join a new forum and are possibly an AC noob as well (considering the newer, younger generation will be playing, and the younger generations have a habit of being technologically inclined, so it's likely we'll get a humongous influx of new members after NH comes out). As a noob to the forum and possibly AC as well, when you post to ask questions or share stuff or trade stuff in-game, and you get TBT, what are you gonna spend the TBT on? IGB/in-game junk, art, or collectibles? And since there's not much on the market cause new game, you know the 'hoes are gonna sell in-game junk for a ****ton. Not to mention crafting mats look like a huge part of the game, so I expect rarer crafting mats to be worth a lot of TBT and possibly even traded/sold more than IGB.

Honestly, I think it'll be fair to say the exchange rate might go as low as 5k-10k IGB = 1 TBT if all the money-making methods in-game are nerfed. Crafting mats are probably gonna be more in-demand tho, so those might be worth even more. I mean, look back at how much people used to pay for ores/gold/silver with NL. Imagine that but *all* furniture being locked under having mats.

TL;DR: less IGB is worth more TBT, crafting mats are prob the way to go with the high demand, and collectible prices might inflate as a result of all this. Just speculation though.

I mean a smaller amount of IGB will be worth a massive amount of TBT. The influx of new members, especially those who will be posting in TBT-generating parts of the forum, will add a large amount of TBT to the "economy" from their game-related posts. Most new members post asking questions or wanting to buy stuff for NH, both of which would be in areas of the forum that offer lots of TBT from lots of posting. This means an overall increase in TBT in both new and old members of the forum. Old members consist of primarily collectihoes and art-hoes, among others, whereas the new members will more than likely be spending their TBT on stuff in-game only. And by this, I'm inclined to believe they'll be splurging on IGB.

Imagine you join a new forum and are possibly an AC noob as well (considering the newer, younger generation will be playing, and the younger generations have a habit of being technologically inclined, so it's likely we'll get a humongous influx of new members after NH comes out). As a noob to the forum and possibly AC as well, when you post to ask questions or share stuff or trade stuff in-game, and you get TBT, what are you gonna spend the TBT on? IGB/in-game junk, art, or collectibles? And since there's not much on the market cause new game, you know the 'hoes are gonna sell in-game junk for a ****ton. Not to mention crafting mats look like a huge part of the game, so I expect rarer crafting mats to be worth a lot of TBT and possibly even traded/sold more than IGB.

Honestly, I think it'll be fair to say the exchange rate might go as low as 5k-10k IGB = 1 TBT if all the money-making methods in-game are nerfed. Crafting mats are probably gonna be more in-demand tho, so those might be worth even more. I mean, look back at how much people used to pay for ores/gold/silver with NL. Imagine that but *all* furniture being locked under having mats.

TL;DR: less IGB is worth more TBT, crafting mats are prob the way to go with the high demand, and collectible prices might inflate as a result of all this. Just speculation though.

I can see. A downside to that is that if I?m lazy and want to see perfection in my town quickly, it?s going to be more expensive. But on the bright side, making TBT would be a lot easier for me, if I were on the seller?s side. It was the other way around a long time ago when the exchange rate went up. But I think it went up because of the collectible craze, but there are also other reasons. Inflation was the leading cause as it is a natural process, but the high demand and low supply of collectibles was a major factor. But having a larger community, more collectibles, and a newer game could bring it down lower. And I think it will increase slowly.

Having more TBT Bells.

I think initially with the conversion rate, IGB is going to be worth a lot more (50k-100k) per TBT (due to there being less IGB than TBT in circulation) and it will eventually reach closer to the exchange rate we have currently over time through more players and more IGB being produced. Additionally, IGB inflates much quicker compared to TBT which means this trend will be the case over time regardless of what people try to do to manipulate the economy in their favor (like artificially overvaluing IGB for example). I don't think it will reach the current exchange rate though because of the Switch being harder to hack/cheat on which would be a very good thing for the TBT economy. I could be wrong of course because Nintendo could always introduce some sort of data transfer feature for New Leaf to New Horizons... I guess we will have to see how everything goes.

it would make me happy if hackers were found less frequently on the bell forums. just because there'd be less hacking of items in and more authentic trades and stuff. idk. even though i hack new leaf sometimes, i just wish it wasn't even a possibility on new horizons so we could all play the game right lol

I have a weird question...
are choco cakes restocked once a year?

Why are the houses still there if you cant buy it?

Back