• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

somedays I get on TBT and feel down, because I miss being so active and when its busy.

But then i display my golden egg and I feel better

I think I knew why we didn’t have a TBT Fair last year. It’s because this site has gotten less active last year. We also had the same staff team operating the Fair for both 2016 and 2017. As long as 2019 is inactive, we may go another year without a fair.

What I hope happens next Fair? I join the site staff as a moderator or project staff before the fair. I would like to help run events.

Last edited:
tb to when i used to refresh the shop at 3am to get a blue candy and barely scraped one but now they sell for 300 TBT :’(

well we have higher value orange and purple candies, which is how it should generally be imo

by which, I mean older stuff loses value in place of the newer ones being intorduced

Last edited:
tbh, I do kinda hope new leaf gets one last hurrah before new horizons releases. since I imagine events will switch over to a pure focus on new horizons once the game is out

Last edited:
tbh, I do kinda hope new leaf gets one last hurrah before new horizons releases. since I imagine events will switch over to a pure focus on new horizons once the game is out

I definitely agree with you my friend, I think it would be in the community's best interest to use the next TBT Fair as a way to celebrate what New Leaf has brought to all of us (from super amazing friendships to the joy the game itself brought) and to build up hype for the next game (like drawing contests of what you would like to do with your NH town for example)! :) I also think it would be cool if they released a Coconut collectible for the fruit set collectibles (perhaps even do a restock on the fruit collectibles as well?) in celebration of the next game. o/

Last edited:
I'd be so excited for a TBT Fair! It'd be my first one and I'd happily spend some more time here.. :)

Oh! That sound great! What is... TBT Fair? I’m not familiar.

annual-ish major forum event with events such as mirrors hell, picture coloring, item counting, picture captioning, cooking, etc, as well as various contests for things such as art, animal crossing in-game decorating, poetry, etc

also of course has a bunch of prizes, both of the digital (fair exclusive collectibles and goodies such as eshop codes) and physical (homemade items, annual prize pack of various small goodies, etc) variety

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it would be in the community's best interest to use the next TBT Fair as a way to celebrate what New Leaf has brought to all of us/

well if not the fair, maybe at least something for a halloween/christmas event or whatever

Last edited:
I have a list of all events and contests a TBT Fair has hosted since 2013. In case if you want to know what happens at a TBT Fair, here?s what I got:

Carousel of Contests:

• Art Drawing Contest - you draw a physical or digital image related to the Fair?s theme.
  • Signature Contest - you design a signature picture related to the Fair?s theme (and sometimes an avatar). In 2017, this was an event rather than a contest.
  • Poetry Contest - you write a poem based on the Fair?s theme. In 2013, there was a writing contest instead of a poetry contest.
  • Dream Town Contest - you design your town and share the dream address as part of a contest.
  • Interior Design Contest - you design a room or house based on the Fair?s theme.
  • Design a Villager and Interior - you make up a villager (species, backstory, personality, and name) and make a house for your villager.
Event Pavilion:

• New Leaf Photo Challenge - you follow the staff?s instructions on playing Animal Crossing and take a photo. Then you upload it and caption it.
  • Scavenger Hunt - you find three different items and take pictures of them (with your name card nearby). If one of the three is a staff favorite of that category, you get extra tickets.
  • House of Mirrors - you guess what Nintendo character is in the distorted image. In 2017, Kracko (one of the mirrors) was the real champion of the event.
  • Discord Trivia Night - Justin hosts a quiz on Discord. You earn points if you are the first to answer a question correctly. Before 2016, there was IRC Trivia Night.
  • Cooking - you bake your own recipe related to what the staff asks for. In 2016, there was a similar event, but it was based on Food Network?s Chopped series.
  • Caption the Picture - a Nintendo-related image is posted, and you must post a funny caption for the image.
  • Spin the Wheel - a 2013 exclusive event where you pick a number (I think), and the staff randomizes. You can earn tickets, lose tickets, or earn a Fair Pinwheel.
  • Bucket of Paint - Laudine posts a line-art image where you color the image. You should use your magical coloring skills to make it look realistic.
  • Count Inside the Bottle - an administrator posts a picture of a bottle filled with a certain object. You must accurately guess how much is inside. The closer you are to getting it right, the more tickets you earn.
  • Crafting events - in past years, they included a Christmas Tree decorating event, Build a TBT Birthday Hat, Paint the Night, and Real Life Pixel Art. They are special events related to the theme involving different types of crafts.
For the contests, you submit an entry before the deadline. If the rules have been followed, and you posted before the deadline, you earn 5 tickets for participation once the contests close. Then the staff gets to choose their favorite entries of each contest, and everyone votes on their favorite entry in the next phase. The three members with the most votes wins a trophy collectible and a rainbow feather collectible. For the events, you submit an entry every week or every half-week to earn tickets, and if you get a staff favorite in some of them (or perform better than others like closest guess in Count Inside the Bottle), you earn extra tickets and an animated collectible.

Like what LambdaDelta said, you can use the tickets to purchase collectibles or real world prizes.

Bring back IRC if they ever gonna have trivia nights again, much better. Also, bring back the random q's night so I can defend my title :p

Don't think I'd have time for a fair atm since I work and gonna study later on but ye.

Back