• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I'm not getting my hopes up. They didn't do one last year, and I don't see any difference in the site to call for one this year.

Yeah, I would hope to see a TBT Fair, but since the community is so quiet right now, there’s not enough staff members to conduct the Fair, and that New Horizons is coming out within less than a year, we may not have one.

I still wish I can help run the events.

I'm not getting my hopes up. They didn't do one last year, and I don't see any difference in the site to call for one this year.

This. I mean unless they would make one last 3ds participation which I doubt cause everyone here is like Switch(tm) except the few dedicated people still on their 3ds's.

I mean I haven't even touched new leaf in a while, but unless all these people just trashed the system the second they got a switch, there's no reason they can't dust off

besides, you can't be hype for switch stuff when you don't know when you'll even be able to get a switch

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, as I've said before: tbt carnival

smaller scale fair-like event for when the community isn't active enough for a full-on fair

Last edited:
I recently joined this site so I have yet to participate in any events yet. So I would be excited for anything honestly.

Speaking of TBT Fair, I decided to rate the similarities and differences between the last two events using a rating system I made up for ACNH’s changes from ACNL. From what I written, here are the quick details:

- The 2017 TBT Fair was better than the 2016 TBT Fair, but not by much. While I like the 80’s theme and the improvement in some events, I prefer the glow wands over arcade collectibles. Not only that, but I did not like seeing three contests instead of five.
- Based on what both the 2016 and 2017 Fair had in common, not much needs to change if they host another event. What I really want most is for the next fair to have four weeks of events instead of three.

I still think the last two TBT Fairs were better than my first TBT Fair. There was Bucket of Paint, Count Inside the Bottle wasn’t discontinued half-way, and the Summer Nights theme and Retro theme were the best Fair themes.

Last edited:
I definitely preferred 2016 for the overall theme, but it was also an unfortunate slightly disorganized mess

idr 2014 really

also, if we can't have a fair, just make a 3 weeks long hall of mirrors event. I mean that's everyone's favorite thing about the fair, right?

I definitely preferred 2016 for the overall theme, but it was also an unfortunate slightly disorganized mess

idr 2014 really

also, if we can't have a fair, just make a 3 weeks long hall of mirrors event. I mean that's everyone's favorite thing about the fair, right?

Actually it’s Bucket of Paint. The House of Mirrors was only entertaining because of how evil the staff are in designing these mirrors.

no, I'm fairly certain it's cruel twisted sadism people love

I mean which event got a guest appearance in a past egg hunt?

surely this is an indication of popularity, and not just the staff's desire to break people

I doubt we're gonna be able to have multiple but... I've been thinking about this recently

H1THJDt.png
H1THJDt.png
H1THJDt.png
H1THJDt.png
H1THJDt.png
H1THJDt.png

red-turnip.png
red-turnip.png
red-turnip.png
red-turnip.png
red-turnip.png
red-turnip.png

If you want something big (like a rare collectible or a lot of TBT Bells) or want to help out other members get what they want, you should be willing to sacrifice some of your Bells or collectibles. Remember the “assorted collectibles” I had last winter? I wanted them, but I also wanted a lot of TBT Bells and to help stimulate the TBT Marketplace, so I had to sacrifice half of them (including my Pok?ball). I wanted a lot of TBT, but I also want to help other members obtain rare collectibles they can’t afford but I can. The 12 chocolate cakes I had in 2017 and 2018, I wanted them, but I also wanted to help others get their chocolate cakes when nobody else is selling them. So I ended up selling all 12 chocolate cakes. I did this with other collectibles as well. Even if it leaves me with nothing but apples, the Tetris Grid, and 20k+ TBT, it’s worth giving up everything else if I want to stimulate the marketplace and help others get what they want.

Hopefully, karma can reward me in the future for willing to share with other members in the past. Or I was already getting something good a long time ago, and I’m catching up with good deeds. But I really wanted to help get orders fulfilled in the marketplace. Maybe my reward is that I can get five of each tradable collectibles from Justin so in case others want a collectible they can’t get, I can sell them. If there’s a rare collectible they don’t have the funds for, I can give one away for free. I could become TBT’s elf.

EDIT: I would also like to add that there’s one thing I’m not willing to sacrifice. That would be my 12-apple collectible lineup. This is my personality. I cannot give up my personality.

Last edited:
I mean I generally just want one of things

Maybe my reward is that I can get five of each tradable collectibles from Justin so in case others want a collectible they can’t get, I can sell them. If there’s a rare collectible they don’t have the funds for, I can give one away for free. I could become TBT’s elf.

ok, but doesn't this conflict with your staff desires and how staff generally don't bother with giving away/selling collectables stuff so as to not seeming to be playing favorites?

I mean I generally just want one of things

ok, but doesn't this conflict with your staff desires and how staff generally don't bother with giving away/selling collectables stuff so as to not seeming to be playing favorites?

Sorry that I said that, but I was thinking of what I would want. This was just a random throw. Point here is that I like the TBT Marketplace and I was hoping to fulfill orders. But even I have my limits. Now if I did have an unlimited amount of each collectible, that would make the marketplace meaningless, so that’s why I only said five.

If I were to choose any reward, I would either have a sidebar of rare collectibles myself or a ton of TBT.

EDIT: I felt stupid writing that I would like five of each tradable collectible.

Last edited:
Back