• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I believe you have. What I mean by digital items, I don’t mean entire games or additional content that expand your games. I mean like individual items from the original game (like a Green Lamp in Animal Crossing or a Pinwheel Collectible from TBT). Even if you do value it a lot, digital items have no real worth, as you shouldn’t have to pay real money to get what you want in-game or in-site. Especially to strangers you don’t know. You also don’t own the rights to Animal Crossing or any video game by Nintendo. So if you’re making real money off of something in-game as a player, that could land you in serious trouble.

When I said you can’t do business without a license, I can’t believe I forgot about eBay. I was mindless about that part, but I did want to point out that trading TBT items and ACNL items for real money is against the law. If it isn’t, it’s still immoral and unfair, which is why I’m glad that real money trades are forbidden on this site.

Ah, I get what you are saying now. I also think it would be silly to pay real money for in-game items as well.

Alolan_Apples said:
trading TBT items and ACNL items for real money is against the law. If it isn’t, it’s still immoral and unfair, which is why I’m glad that real money trades are forbidden on this site.

Maybe actually know that before making such a bold claim... I've never heard of any law like that. I don't think you're gonna be arrested for selling stuff like that, its all buyer beware yada yada. Do you're own research before making a purchase like that, and if you don't then consider your money gone after it leaves your hand. But if someone wants to spend their cash on digital stuff that has no "value" then good for them. But whose to judge value in another person's eyes too

A better example than eBay I think would be like Facebook marketplace. The fact that people can openly advertise their stuff and meet in person to sell all easily like that yeah is sketchy on paper. But I've had multiple interactions and paid for things like this with great results. Its about knowing what you're getting into, doing your research, and taking responsibility for your naive self if you screw up because the law doesn't have anything to do with private payments like this. You can't expect some other power to bail you out if at the heart of it, you made a misinformed or poor decision. At worst you can go to like private court, but if you were just an idiot and didn't do your research then you won't get anything out of that....

But yeah TBT law says don't pay real money for online/ video game stuff like collectibles and such, or use the forums to buy in game stuff. Takes away from the game and experience. With real or forum rules, you can always break them and take that into your own hands, but don't look for remorse if you get caught and booted.

Last edited:
honestly my thoughts on it are much more complicated, but the shorthand is pretty much all value is fabricated to begin with and if someone's willing to pay the money, then yes, it has value

though i do agree that banning real-money transactions was a smart move

I have an event idea (which is what my current popsicle giveaway is doing). There should be a contest or event where somebody makes a parody of a song by altering the lyrics to make it Bell Tree-themed. But it’s hosted by the staff. I enjoy doing this, and I hope others do it too.

I have an event idea (which is what my current popsicle giveaway is doing). There should be a contest or event where somebody makes a parody of a song by altering the lyrics to make it Bell Tree-themed. But it’s hosted by the staff. I enjoy doing this, and I hope others do it too.

Yes please! That's an event I could actually have a chance at doing well in :p I love writing parodies so much

Yes please! That's an event I could actually have a chance at doing well in :p I love writing parodies so much

My favorite parody I made:

It’s a site of items, and a site of Bells,
Where a user buys, and a user sells,
There’re items that we send, and the Bells that we spend,
At the Bell Tree Marketplace!

It’s the Bell Tree Marketplace,
Where collectibles are sold!

Last edited:
Are there any new pokemon collectibles planned for Sword and Shield? dynamaxing ball for example?

Last edited:
I would feel weird doing a parody.

I think it's more for the younger folks. ^_^

Last edited:
What’s going on with the shop restock? It’s almost an hour late and there are two people with enough tokens and want the strange doll.

I don’t always win a raffle. Sometimes, I do win. Other times, no. It’s not a big deal if I lose, considering all of the other opportunities I have. The only time a raffle is a big deal to me was when the Moon Wands were being raffled in 2016. I still wish I won one back then, and I don’t know if they ever will return them. But then again, the staff said “nothing is impossible”, which means the moon wand might come back in the future. Maybe in 2023.

I don?t always win a raffle. Sometimes, I do win. Other times, no. It?s not a big deal if I lose, considering all of the other opportunities I have. The only time a raffle is a big deal to me was when the Moon Wands were being raffled in 2016. I still wish I won one back then, and I don?t know if they ever will return them. But then again, the staff said ?nothing is impossible?, which means the moon wand might come back in the future. Maybe in 2023.

tenor.gif

give me the moon George mods

Please tell me you're adding more Pokeballs and balls like the Love Ball are getting a restocked. It's all I want for Christmas! Please and thank you

I’m gonna participate in the next Pok?mon week, but this time, I don’t expect to win a raffle if there is any. I already won a Pok?ball raffle once. I hope I don’t win again.

Last edited:
Back