• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I just want the tbt market to not be so stagnant. We really need different ways to make tbt or something to shake it up. :/

Oh I don’t know about any of that, I was just saying I don’t think it’s petty to be sad that you lost (as long as you’re not putting down other participants/staff in the process, because that is petty)

- - - Post Merge - - -

holy moly your post is huge now x)
Lol true I think what I said was bit harsh. Oh and yes I randomly felt like ranting xD
I kinda wish collectibles didn't exist at this moment. :(
Well, collectibles are great on paper but like anything else rare in the world it often brings out greed and the worst in people. I've seen it multiple times here on TBT and it can be really sad. In a perfect world, collectibles would be awesome.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just want the tbt market to not be so stagnant. We really need different ways to make tbt or something to shake it up. :/

I think that's because of the lack of discussion. Once New Horizons is out, this place will surely spice up

Last edited:
Yeah. :(
Really depressing trying to sell something for even a third of what it's worth.

welcome to the state of tbt... sell for a 1/3 of cost or just wait to sell

no one has the patience

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, keep wands rare

welcome to the state of tbt... sell for a 1/3 of cost or just wait to sell

no one has the patience

Don't forget offering 2-3x more than the actual price and waiting for someone to accept

Ain't nobody got time for that

As I said, I don't understand how they work and I couldn't care less. Maybe the wand is rarer but that doesn't mean I can't also express my feelings. Besides the fact that if the animated wands we're for "event winners", then complaining about it is even worse. The collectible was made for the winners so moaning makes you appear as a sore loser. A Love ball, on the other hand, as you mentioned was once completely obtainable by just buying it and is giftable. My gripe was grounded on the fact that it should be obtainable but sadly I can't obtain one. If you're gonna mention anyone then that would be the person crying over losing an event fair and square. The problem with me is that I don't see the rarity in collectibles so It would be hard to see the difference between the two. To me collectibles are just pictures of items, both are completely on the same and I don't think to say it's "killing you" is accurate. Though, I do seem to remember them saying something about them being a teensy bit overdramatic and wasn't being completely serious. That definitely would make up for the whole "sore loser" issue I mentioned. Though, Is there a reason I cannot also be that overdramatic? Is that coined to the ones whining over the rare stuff? Like I ask before, is there really a criterion that must be met before I can complain of the same level? Personally, if someone said "same" while mentioning a tasty cake I'd be obliged to agree. Why? Because collectibles rare or not are all defined by their want and demand. Telling them they cant complain over it because you don't see it as rare as something else is just silly. At that point, we might as well gather a list from you of all the collectibles you deem worthy to be overdramatic about.

why did you turn what I'm fairly certain was a reasonably sized post before into a literal tl;dr unformatted wall of text?

Last edited:
I have an idea: Allow for the whole December to earn TBT at The Basement, like 2 TBT per post so that people can get some extra bells and being able to buy something nice (collectibles) on Christmas

I have an idea: Allow for the whole December to earn TBT at The Basement, like 2 TBT per post so that people can get some extra bells and being able to buy something nice (collectibles) on Christmas

you can already gain that much by posting in forums with actual discussion happening though

there's usually at least an advent calendar-type thing for christmas which generally has 1-2 free collectibles along with some tbt bells anyways

you can already gain that much by posting in forums with actual discussion happening though

there's usually at least an advent calendar-type thing for christmas which generally has 1-2 free collectibles along with some tbt bells anyways

Was just an idea, since sometimes there is more going on at the Basement than on the other boards...

Was just an idea, since sometimes there is more going on at the Basement than on the other boards...

the thing about the basement is it's like 90% spam/low quality posts, so i'd be against posting there having any sort of reward at all whether it's for an event or otherwise.

if you need bells the animal crossing boards are the best for tbt farming, you can easily get 10 tbt per post by just writing a paragraph or two.

you don't get bells here

Just realized that and I don't really know how to feel. Happy? Sad? All those emotions are nothing to me anymore for I have transcended to a higher state of being. Goodbye everyone! Life was fun...

Yeah, ok, the Basement idea is dumb, forget about it...

Also, it's not easy to make TBT on the AC boards when you already replied to almost every (active) thread there or when there is no discussion at all, just saying...

Back