0557-5119-2409
Island
Westward
False Puffobello Foraged Mushroom
Shiitake Plushroom
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
Snow Bunny
Fanfiction is a work of literature based on media the author is a fan of!

What do you think of fanfiction? Do you read it? Do you...write it?? What fandoms do you enjoy reading/writing about? Share your thoughts!

Reading fanfiction is one of my guilty pleasures. (And don't worry, I haven't gotten to the more gross ones. Bleh!) Right now I'm reading fanfics with Kieran (from Pokémon) as one of the main characters because he's my fave and my #1 fictional crush. <3 I've also written a few of them before, but I refuse to read them because they aren't my best works. (//w//)

I used to have a tumblr blog specifically for MCU fanfictions/blurbs. 😭 I have a lot of notes on some of them, but will not link anything here related to said blog; as there are mature themes on some of my works. >_>

I also have a Genshin / Honkai: Star Rail blog too! But I haven't written anything for that blog yet. When I was in high-school, I used to love writing during classes, instead of doing my work or paying attention to the lessons T^T Writing used to be something I was very passionate about. I don't do it much anymore though, which makes me sad. I've definitely lost my spark.

I used to read some Dragon Age fan fiction; I tried my hand at it too but after I got some aggressive reply to my sequel, I stopped. I’m fine with constructive criticism but that did not sound like it was. Still silly to get discouraged, but even now, I’m kinda embarrassed about it. From time to time I think about trying it again. Not Dragon Age since I’ve moved on but maybe something else.

I’d like to read some more fan fiction eventually maybe 🙂.

Fanfiction is great! I’ve been reading and writing it for almost 15 years now, with fandoms changing over time as they do. I don’t consider it a guilty pleasure at all, there’s nothing guilty about it. I am of course embarrassed by some things I read or wrote early on, but that has more to do with me being young and into kids’ fandoms and my skills weren’t great yet. Overall there’s nothing shameful about fanfics.

I see them as a love letter to whatever piece of media they’re about. You care about something so much that you dedicate tons of time to analyzing the characters, really understanding them, thinking about how they talk and think and act. And you put so much love into a story surrounding them. And then you share that with the world, and others who love these characters too come and read it, because they also care so deeply much about the characters and the universe and the story. And I think it’s just a sort of beautiful piece of human interaction and an integral part of fandom.

Fanfiction rules!

I don't ever read fanfiction, but I have written quite a bit of Super Mario fanfiction in my day haha. dunno if I'll ever publish what I've written though, maybe!

I used to write fanfiction for the following series:

--Ranma 1/2
--InuYasha
--Castlevania
--Liberty's Kids
--House of the Dead
--Harry Potter
--A Series of Unfortunate Events

This was mostly when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, but it was still fun.

Back