• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

I hate how the order of the items from Statues is predetermined... If anyone is looking for specifics at Al Maajik, I know what I have up to 7 gold coins TT__TT.. I tried it with all I had and quit and tried again, so yes it's predetermined.

I hope the Dark Sultan's Wand will take less than 15. XD By that time, I will have 3 saddles (z_z)

So a few days ago I started up my copy of AC:NL (which I haven't played in months) because I wanted to participate in the photo challenge. And wow, was that an interesting experience because:

• I kept wanting to fast-travel home. What do you mean I have to run to go home?!
  • I tried speeding up the text by holding the X-button. Took me a few moments to realize it's the B one. And I immediately forgot afterwards, so holding down the X-button I was again.
  • I couldn't open my inventory! I kept pressing the wrong button.
  • Where is all my stuff? I have a bag that can hold 500 items! Where is all the rest?!
  • I could run without using any stamina! Where did my stamina meter go? For that matter, where did my HP meter go? And my little shield thingy showing me what Life I'm in? Oh wait, I'm playing another game...
I could continue, but let's just say it took me some time to get used to AC:NL again. Oddly enough it has made me appreciate Fantasy Life more, LOL.

So a few days ago I started up my copy of AC:NL (which I haven't played in months) because I wanted to participate in the photo challenge. And wow, was that an interesting experience because:

• I kept wanting to fast-travel home. What do you mean I have to run to go home?!
  • I tried speeding up the text by holding the X-button. Took me a few moments to realize it's the B one. And I immediately forgot afterwards, so holding down the X-button I was again.
  • I couldn't open my inventory! I kept pressing the wrong button.
  • Where is all my stuff? I have a bag that can hold 500 items! Where is all the rest?!
  • I could run without using any stamina! Where did my stamina meter go? For that matter, where did my HP meter go? And my little shield thingy showing me what Life I'm in? Oh wait, I'm playing another game...
I could continue, but let's just say it took me some time to get used to AC:NL again. Oddly enough it has made me appreciate Fantasy Life more, LOL.

lmao same. i tried playing nl with my sister and i couldn't use my buttons properly! esp taking my tools away -_- i kept pressing the b button and gave up to finally realize it's the down button in the end omg i was so confused

OMG, I should have known that there would be a thread for this addictive game here. :D My girl Fram is level 75. I70+ hours in, and I'm still excited to play this. I'm currently working through the co-creator quests for Carpenter, Woodcutter (148 trees left to cut), Tailor, Hunter and Alchemist, and enjoying the atmosphere of the DLC areas. So pretty!

It's kinda sad, but there is no RNG :( the order of items the statutes give out is predetermined so even if you save and start over, it gives you the same items in the same order every time. I would recommend writing down the order of items you get from each statue and try finding someone who would be interested in trading with you :eek:

Also how did you become a creator tailor? @@ I think my last quest is to get to level 15 in sewing but I already did the other quests and I grinding is really boring :(

Huh!Never knew that before.Well,I already got myself a Dark Sultan's Wand,so it doesn't matter at this point.

Well,for getting to Creator Tailor,I basically got the Tailor Pride before doing the rest of the challenges and when I completed all other challenges,I just grinded with Umbral Hoods

Update on my progress!

Overall Level: 41
Hours Played: 72
Storyline Progress: Chapter 4 is complete

All skills are Expert except for Paladin and Mercenary (Both are Adept and working on them before I move on with the storyline)

OMG, I should have known that there would be a thread for this addictive game here. :D My girl Fram is level 75. I70+ hours in, and I'm still excited to play this. I'm currently working through the co-creator quests for Carpenter, Woodcutter (148 trees left to cut), Tailor, Hunter and Alchemist, and enjoying the atmosphere of the DLC areas. So pretty!
Omg Hirisa!! I remember you from way back when! I drew a picture of Canberra for you LOL nice to see you back!

Huh!Never knew that before.Well,I already got myself a Dark Sultan's Wand,so it doesn't matter at this point.

Well,for getting to Creator Tailor,I basically got the Tailor Pride before doing the rest of the challenges and when I completed all other challenges,I just grinded with Umbral Hoods
Hmm looks like I'll need to grind umbral hoods :\ gotta buy all the materials >.>

Yay, it's Windfall! It's awesome to see you too! I still treasure my gorgeous Canberra art from you. :D

Omg Hirisa!! I remember you from way back when! I drew a picture of Canberra for you LOL nice to see you back!

Hmm looks like I'll need to grind umbral hoods :\ gotta buy all the materials >.>

You don't neccesarily need to grind with Umbral Hoods,I just did it with Umbral Hoods just cause I can lol

(Also,make sure to buy a Tailor's Pride,it'll help a bunch)

lol. I activated my special move moments before killing the Lord of the Dead (T-Rex) in the Drysand Desert, and nearly grated my teeth while watching to see if the comets would hit the bounty.

And yes, it did. Aw, man!

lol. I activated my special move moments before killing the Lord of the Dead (T-Rex) in the Drysand Desert, and nearly grated my teeth while watching to see if the comets would hit the bounty.

Hahaha! I do the same, every time! My condolences to your bounty box. It happened to me with the Ancient Dragon (up on Origin Island), I thought it would be cool to finish the boss with my special and well.. it blew my bounty up. ლ( ̄へ ̄ლ)// I do it a lot in multiplayer too!

Unrelated
Looking for a Dark Sultan wand.. it's been 17 gold coins and still no wand, what even is. ;__;

Omg same ;A; happened to me once so I stopped using special skills to finish off something >_> but there were times when i still did it and luckily it never hits the box again ^^;

Hahaha! I do the same, every time! My condolences to your bounty box. It happened to me with the Ancient Dragon (up on Origin Island), I thought it would be cool to finish the boss with my special and well.. it blew my bounty up. ლ( ̄へ ̄ლ)// I do it a lot in multiplayer too!
Aw, man. Reminds me how much I hate when a weak enemy somehow manages to hit my bounty, too. Hope you have better luck, too.

Also about T-Rex, he refuses to drop 'evil shard,' so I have given up on my last 'expert' level Carpenter challenge for now.

Unrelated
Looking for a Dark Sultan wand.. it's been 17 gold coins and still no wand, what even is. ;__;
I read your earlier post about this. Did I read correctly about the prize you get not being random? I specifically want items that double experience, and those wands. I was planning on resetting until I get them.

I read your earlier post about this. Did I read correctly about the prize you get not being random? I specifically want items that double experience, and those wands. I was planning on resetting until I get them.

Yes, that is correct. The items are in a set order. So no matter how many times you reset you'll always get the same ones. Meaning that if you really want something you either have to keep throwing coins into the fountain or trade with someone else.

I just started playing the game again. My fiance and I played the whole day. We got around 6 - 7 hours in today. I got God mode on blacksmith and merc. It feels good! We also defeated the Trial of Time and Trial of Light, maybe Dark. I went up by 10+ levels today. Lol, pretty much addicted to FL again.

In regards to the Evil Shard, I can help you with it! There's a mining rock in the Ancient Ruins I was able to get a shard off of it... I can try it today and see if I can get a piece for you :D!

And what Libra said - another piece I know that will increase EXP earned is the "Fanciful Feet," which is obtained from the exchange clerk (with 7 gold coins). But yes, the order is pre-determined (whyyy, /wavesfists/)!! If there's an item you need, I'm more than happy to help ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just started playing the game again. My fiance and I played the whole day. We got around 6 - 7 hours in today. I got God mode on blacksmith and merc. It feels good! We also defeated the Trial of Time and Trial of Light, maybe Dark. I went up by 10+ levels today. Lol, pretty much addicted to FL again.

Very nice! Congrats! Around what level are you and your fiance? I want to try the Trials but am scared I'll get my butt handed to me @_@... considering those pumpkin things in Deep Elderwood (a later quest for Wizards) pretty much beat me up in 1-2 hits XD

Ianother piece I know that will increase EXP

There is also the Prince (or Princely?) Outfit from the passwords that gives you extra Battle EXP. And the weapons you can buy in Penguin Beach give extra Battle EXP as well. They don't give a lot, but even a little bit helps, right? :) Fanciful Feet does indeed give 2x EXP and Elise's Talisman (which you can get from the fountain in Port Puerto) gives +50% Battle EXP. I was actually lucky with that fountain since I got two Talismans in a row (I gave the other one away).

I want to try the Trials but am scared I'll get my butt handed to me @_@... considering those pumpkin things in Deep Elderwood (a later quest for Wizards) pretty much beat me up in 1-2 hits XD

I did the first trial and if you have good allies with you (you have access to Jynx, right?), you should be okay. I did the Trial with Mustang and Ophelia and the hardest floor was the top one, the rest was okay. Did need several HP potions and a few Life Cures, though, but all in all, it went okay. I haven't tried the other trials, though. But I think you should be okay. Or you could do a multi-player trial run. :)

There is also the Prince (or Princely?) Outfit from the passwords that gives you extra Battle EXP. And the weapons you can buy in Penguin Beach give extra Battle EXP as well. They don't give a lot, but even a little bit helps, right? :) Fanciful Feet does indeed give 2x EXP and Elise's Talisman (which you can get from the fountain in Port Puerto) gives +50% Battle EXP. I was actually lucky with that fountain since I got two Talismans in a row (I gave the other one away).

I did the first trial and if you have good allies with you (you have access to Jynx, right?), you should be okay. I did the Trial with Mustang and Ophelia and the hardest floor was the top one, the rest was okay. Did need several HP potions and a few Life Cures, though, but all in all, it went okay. I haven't tried the other trials, though. But I think you should be okay. Or you could do a multi-player trial run. :)

Ah yeah! Completely forgot those pieces! The princely outfit is from the mail password "Not charming". Very lucky with the Talisman - I'll have to see my line-up there. XD

Thank you for the advice, I will try that! I have yet to unlock Mustang (I'm guessing I need paladin life)... I do bring allies occasionally, but I feel they get in the way and die so quickly (whaaat am i doing LOL). Perhaps multiplayer is more suited for me. XD, definitely will give it a try though!

I have yet to unlock Mustang (I'm guessing I need paladin life)... I do bring allies occasionally, but I feel they get in the way and die so quickly (whaaat am i doing LOL).

You're probably better off with allies that can attack from a distance (like Jynx), so you might went to go for Fern instead of Mustang. Mustang is a tank (has huge HP), but like Ophelia, he fights with a sword (well, unless he does the boomerang thing, haha) which means they have to go super close to an enemy and that results in them dieing a lot (and me running around to revive them, haha). I did the trial as a Paladin, but I think I'm going to try as a Wizard and see what difference it makes. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Okay, I did a test and did the first trial without any allies. I made it to the top floor but couldn't defeat the monster there (you definitely need help on that level). The rest went okay, with the exception of the sixth floor where I had to use several Life Cures.

I used Fanciful Feet and Elise's Talisman for the extra (Battle) EXP. Outfit was the mysterious hat and outfit you get from the passwords. Weapon was the Dark Sultan's Wand.

Starting stats:
  • Level: 116
  • EXP: 1,364,372
  • EXP to level up: 26,498
Stats after the trial (but keeping in mind I did not defeat the last monster):
  • Level: 119
  • EXP: 1,468,267
  • EXP to level up: 3,558
So I went up three levels (almost four) and got 103,895 EXP.

So you can do most of the trial alone (if you're strong enough), but having help for the sixth floor is advised and for the top floor it's pretty much required (I honestly don't know if it's possible to defeat the monster alone; you'll probably need Creator/God Mode and what not for that).

I hope that gives you some idea of what to expect and what extra EXP you can get. :)

Back