• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

I had to open multiplayer but keep the portal closed so it would perpetually remain nighttime, otherwise he'd vanish upon resetting once morning hit.

That's actually a brilliant idea to keep time from moving; I hadn't thought of that. I know that when I first tried fighting the Napdragon and I was very close to defeating him, he suddenly poofed away to another spot and when I went there, his HP was full again. x_x

Never mind, I got it! :D

Last edited:
I just got this game, it's really cute! But I have a question...is it possible to get more hairstyles later in the game? I went to Florina's House but the only hairstyles I see there are the same as when you customize your character for the first time. So, is the DLC the only way to get more hairstyles?

I just got this game, it's really cute! But I have a question...is it possible to get more hairstyles later in the game? I went to Florina's House but the only hairstyles I see there are the same as when you customize your character for the first time. So, is the DLC the only way to get more hairstyles?

I believe you can only get more hairstyles through DLC.

I felt that way too until I took the time to actually take out the Lord of the Cursed with no NPCs to help me...I was in the upper 80's when I took him on mind you and not like 65 but that was still one heck of a battle @_@ it involved resetting him and a lot of roundabout running, so I had to open multiplayer but keep the portal closed so it would perpetually remain nighttime, otherwise he'd vanish upon resetting once morning hit.
Praise you for this strategy. I am using it!

Alot of the new hairstyles are also stolen from various important npcs so if you see anyone with a nice hairstyle you can have it.

Last edited:
So I discovered a somewhat long but easy way to take out the Lord of the Cursed if you have the patience. Frankly, it's easier if you solo him and in my experience this works best as a wizard. What you want is to have multiplayer open like I said before, so it perpetually remains night time. Keep refreshing the map until he spawns near the entrance to the Aridian Desert, about as far west as you can get him (he uses the same spawning points as the Lord of the Dead). There should be a wooden sign near his spawning point. Aggro him and angle yourself accordingly so that he gets stuck on sign. Hit him from as far away as you can. When he resets you should still be within his aggro zone just angle yourself again accordingly so he gets stuck, rinse and repeat.

If you've got armor and gear designed around lengthening your time in creator mode and filling the gauge quickly, the battle will be even shorter. Keeping your distance restricts him from using his other combo attacks most of the time, or actually landing a hit if he's dumb enough to use them. This leaves only his fire breathing move, which is actually easy to predict and avoid. He's also vulnerable for a few seconds after using his chomp chomp attack and fire breathing attack. If he's stuck to boot, you get a few extra hits!

Can orbs be rng'd? I'm planning to reset every craft until I get +20 attack and I'm also planning to use another stone, so if I rng'd, will it change? o:

Can orbs be rng'd? I'm planning to reset every craft until I get +20 attack and I'm also planning to use another stone, so if I rng'd, will it change? o:

You'll only get a chance at the +20 stat if you use the orb alone. What you get is left to RNGesus, so be prepared to redo the craft a number of times before you get what you want. Last time I crafted with an orb it took me over an hour to get +20 attack on a djinn talisman.

You'll only get a chance at the +20 stat if you use the orb alone. What you get is left to RNGesus, so be prepared to redo the craft a number of times before you get what you want. Last time I crafted with an orb it took me over an hour to get +20 attack on a djinn talisman.

Lmao thank you! I'll probably worry about it later then. Any orbs rec to use for star fishing rod (along with otherworldly fin)? I'm thinking wisdom but dunno exactly. I heard that it'll only add (for example) all fish damage +++. Don't know how these work tbh, I've been googling everything that it got me so confused ;x;

Thank you for helping! Also, thanks for the tip about lord of the cursed! I'll give it a try when I feel confident to beat it in one night

Edit: ooh I get it now. Basically, the orbs just add divine quality if used with other materials? o: ty!

I'll worry about rnging when I focus on blacksmith and alchemist attck crafts ^^;

Last edited:
Lmao thank you! I'll probably worry about it later then. Any orbs rec to use for star fishing rod (along with otherworldly fin)? I'm thinking wisdom but dunno exactly. I heard that it'll only add (for example) all fish damage +++. Don't know how these work tbh, I've been googling everything that it got me so confused ;x;

Thank you for helping! Also, thanks for the tip about lord of the cursed! I'll give it a try when I feel confident to beat it in one night

Edit: ooh I get it now. Basically, the orbs just add divine quality if used with other materials? o: ty!

I'll worry about rnging when I focus on blacksmith and alchemist attck crafts ^^;

Exactly, in the case of the star rod it doesn't matter what kind of orb you use since you're using another upgrade material. Based on personal experience it seems like the odds are sometimes better for physical stats like attack, strength, and dexterity if using a bravery orb, love orbs have a better chance at giving S.Skill charge and things like skill growth and battle exp increase, and wisdom orbs have a better chance of giving stat increases like +6 and +10. Using orbs on accessories will generally give you status immunities of some kind.

Keep in mind RNG still plays a role and I've had occasions where using a bravery orb didn't yield any physical attributes after many redos and then I switched to a love orb just for a change of pace and got it after a handful of tries.

Exactly, in the case of the star rod it doesn't matter what kind of orb you use since you're using another upgrade material. Based on personal experience it seems like the odds are sometimes better for physical stats like attack, strength, and dexterity if using a bravery orb, love orbs have a better chance at giving S.Skill charge and things like skill growth and battle exp increase, and wisdom orbs have a better chance of giving stat increases like +6 and +10. Using orbs on accessories will generally give you status immunities of some kind.

Keep in mind RNG still plays a role and I've had occasions where using a bravery orb didn't yield any physical attributes after many redos and then I switched to a love orb just for a change of pace and got it after a handful of tries.

Thank you!! i figured out how it works now c: had to keep looking back to this post as i made my stuff, so huge thank you! i also got djinn's talisman +20 attack in like my 10th try with love orb, seems like it's the most common used orb for +20 attack with the talisman but you're right, it actually depends on the rngesus hotdamn.

and now i'm omw to god lvl blacksmith but omfg it's p hard esp since the required ingredients are mostly found in the trial of darkness ;A; and it needs a lot of beating bosses and rare items D: //////motivation is going down ,,

Thank you!! i figured out how it works now c: had to keep looking back to this post as i made my stuff, so huge thank you! i also got djinn's talisman +20 attack in like my 10th try with love orb, seems like it's the most common used orb for +20 attack with the talisman but you're right, it actually depends on the rngesus hotdamn.

and now i'm omw to god lvl blacksmith but omfg it's p hard esp since the required ingredients are mostly found in the trial of darkness ;A; and it needs a lot of beating bosses and rare items D: //////motivation is going down ,,

I'm jealous of the fact you got +20 atk on the djinn talisman on the 10th try.I'm currently at the 40th try and still no 20 +atk >_<

Trial of Darkness was easy if you have two people. I can help you later on down the road if you need... xD

idk if you guys know this yet/this has been posted before but
there's a way to farm the monsters at the top floor for the trials! this is esp useful for the crystal dragon on the top floor in the trial of light bc the crystal scale is needed for a few items but it's a rare drop, not a bounty drop.

so what you do is:
-save at the floor right before the top one
-go up and beat the boss on the top floor!! DON'T SAVE AFTER THIS
-go home and sleep
-go get killed somewhere lol if you have one of the creator/god level quests active it's pretty easy to get killed by any of those monsters. I like to use the tailor one bc it's really close to the terra nimbus house
-when asked to continue click start from last save!!
-you should respawn at the floor before the top one in whatever trial you're doing, and the boss will have respawned on the top floor bc you slept! you can now skip all the floors before the top one and go straight to the boss!! all of the treasure chests should have respawned as well!! :)
-repeat from the first step!

hope this helps someone!!

Last edited:
idk if you guys know this yet/this has been posted before but
there's a way to farm the monsters at the top floor for the trials! this is esp useful for the crystal dragon on the top floor in the trial of light bc the crystal scale is needed for a few items but it's a rare drop, not a bounty drop.

so what you do is:
-save at the floor right before the top one
-go up and beat the boss on the top floor!! DON'T SAVE AFTER THIS
-go home and sleep
-go get killed somewhere lol if you have one of the creator/god level quests active it's pretty easy to get killed by any of those monsters. I like to use the tailor one bc it's really close to the terra nimbus house
-when asked to continue click start from last save!!
-you should respawn at the floor before the top one in whatever trial you're doing, and the boss will have respawned on the top floor bc you slept! you can now skip all the floors before the top one and go straight to the boss!! all of the treasure chests should have respawned as well!! :)
-repeat from the first step!

hope this helps someone!!

What she said! I use this every time for farming protection stone+, crystal scales, and evil claws

Back