• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

I just got this, and im stuck on what life to pick, what would you guys? suggest?

I don't even think it matters that much. I mean, you can always change it. Just pick whatever looks most appealing to you

I just got this, and im stuck on what life to pick, what would you guys? suggest?

Personally, I would start with any of the 4 combat lifes first if you're in a hurry.
Hunter is a good choice for those who prefers staying a bit further away from monsters. Sorcerer is basically a harder version of Hunter, but ends up being more rewarding at the end of the day. It can even heal you up without having to resort any HP recovery item.
If you like doing some close-ranged combat, then Paladin is the one to pick. This one even allows you to use shields, which will help you take less damage from hits, which is useful if you're about to get hit and can't escape away from the attack fast enough. If you don't like taking forever to defeat a monster, then Mercenary may be for you. Since you can't defend yourself on that life, you'll need to know when to dodge attacks and time your attacks well.

I have an even better idea! Let's get a license to every single life in the game, so you can access to all of the skills right from the beginning. If you end up being bored of fighting mobs again and again, then there's always something else to do right whenever you are. That's the best way to enjoy throughout the entirety of Fantasy Life.

Soo I just got this game today, and I'm a little conflicted about something..
What happens when you get a license for a new Life? Because I don't EVER want to not be a wizard, but I'd like the ability to fish, mine, cut wood, sew... Do my skills for one Life go away when I receive the license for the next? If I try to learn fishing, will I no longer be able to use magic?

The game's story seems to treat a Life as a person's one true passion, but it also places an emphasis on the ability to change your Life? That seems really contradictory to me... @____@

Will I miss out on a lot of gameplay if I'm only a Wizard for the entire game? I really don't want to be anything else, I'm just really not used to not being able to fish, LOL...

Last edited:
Soo I just got this game today, and I'm a little conflicted about something..
What happens when you get a license for a new Life? Because I don't EVER want to not be a wizard, but I'd like the ability to fish, mine, cut wood, sew... Do my skills for one Life go away when I receive the license for the next? If I try to learn fishing, will I no longer be able to use magic?

The game's story seems to treat a Life as a person's one true passion, but it also places an emphasis on the ability to change your Life? That seems really contradictory to me... @____@

Will I miss out on a lot of gameplay if I'm only a Wizard for the entire game? I really don't want to be anything else, I'm just really not used to not being able to fish, LOL...

Your skills follow you throughout every life you choose. You can do all 12 lives at the same time and have all the skills :)

I got this game yesterday as a Christmas present which I was pretty excited about, Already played 10 hours and love it so far. I picked Hunter as my first life :D

Got the game today and I am loving it so far!

psh no it didnt take me an hour to make my character what are you talking about

How am I supposed to get armor? I really don't like how to basic Hunter armor looks and I'm gonna need better protection.

I started out with the Sorcerer class and I don't regret it (Although, I think any combat class would be best to start with imo).
Then, I started a gathering life and got myself started on all 3 of those.
And then, finally I started on the creation classes and learned those.
And now I try to keep them all the same level.

I just played for 2 hours with a close friend, AND I HAD SO MUCH FUN. This is one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Ahh, okay. I was really confused. q.q im such a noob rip

can also use the mail passwords (google or in front of original post i think) to get some outfits too :')
to use mail passwords > use correct region code, case sensitive > go to post office > talk to fluffy thing > input XD

can also use the mail passwords (google or in front of original post i think) to get some outfits too :')
to use mail passwords > use correct region code, case sensitive > go to post office > talk to fluffy thing > input XD
Using all those mail passwords made me so happy, especially the wizard clothing with the major stat boosts.

Just found a page on it! I'll use it later when my 3DS isn't dead.

Really wanting to get fantasy life, seems like everyone loves it here...
Should I get it?! :D
I heard a lot of good things about it, one of my friends here seems to enjoy it a lot.

I need to get it by now since my 3DS needs more games at this point.

Last edited:
Really wanting to get fantasy life, seems like everyone loves it here...
Should I get it?! :D

Check out some let's plays on YouTube!!! It should give you a good idea if the game is up your alley or not ;)

Everyone on the thread likes it enough to post about it, but that's just sampling bias. :p
Common criticisms for the game usually include the shallow story (I would even say just plow through the story to get to the fun stuff).
Also there's DLC which is kinda annoying.....it adds /a lot/ of added content though so definitely consider getting it if you decide the game is for you!

(Really loving these gyroid emotes LOL)

Check out some let's plays on YouTube!!! It should give you a good idea if the game is up your alley or not ;)

Everyone on the thread likes it enough to post about it, but that's just sampling bias. :p
Common criticisms for the game usually include the shallow story (I would even say just plow through the story to get to the fun stuff).
Also there's DLC which is kinda annoying.....it adds /a lot/ of added content though so definitely consider getting it if you decide the game is for you!

(Really loving these gyroid emotes LOL)

Ok thanks! And I have no idea where they came from hahaha I like the old ones :) ;)

Last edited:
I got this game for Christmas, can someone please explain why yellow Navi is stalking me? :rolleyes:

Back