• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
It was a tentacool in soul silver I found it while surfing to the pokemon league.

Mine was a shiny Abra that I bred at the Daycare on Route 7. I had the Shiny Charm, so I was working hard at breeding shinies.

His name is Bubba and I transferred him into AS. He is an Alakazam now :)

Last edited:
My first ever shiny was a Bronzong in Mt. Coronet on Pokemon Pearl version. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore - though I'll probably end up revisiting Pokemon Pearl one day to try reclaiming it.

I got a shiny Lucario in the Pokemon XY Wonder Trade just a few days ago, that was my first shiny! (Pokemon X is my first real Pokemon game if you don't count Mystery Dungeon and that battle game that I forget the name of, I mainly grew up watching the anime instead of playing the games)

My first shiny was in gen 4 and it was a shiny Buizel. Unfortunately, that shiny Buizel is stuck in Pokemon Ranch now. But I get to play with him now and then.

My first shiny was a Scyther in Platinum. Thank goodness for the sparkles because otherwise I would have never noticed, haha. Over the years I've also found a Buizel, Gastly, and Bellsprout. The Buizel and Gastly were on Platinum as well and I'd totally forgotten about them so they all went to the void when I restarted. The Bellsprout was on X so I wondertraded it before restarting. I think there was something else too but I can't remember.

The first time I SAW a shiny was back in 2000. My friend got a shiny Nidoran in Gold but since we didn't know what shinies were or how they worked I trawled the patch of grass where she found hers for HOURS and was really frustrated that I couldn't find one too. :p

My first shiny was the event Gen 4 legendary Pokemon (Giritina, Dialga, and Palkia). My first non-event, non-traded shiny was a shiny Throh in Gen 6.

Mine was a shiny Espurr I found randomly on Route 6 (?) during the early days of playing Y. I was so shocked and I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a few seconds! :p I had evolved it into Meowstic but I traded it...kinda regret it now...:(

Mine was a shiny Espurr I found randomly on Route 6 (?) during the early days of playing Y. I was so shocked and I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a few seconds! :p I had evolved it into Meowstic but I traded it...kinda regret it now...:(

If I caught a shiny Espurr I don't think I'd evolve it; I hate that shiny Meowstics are urine-yellow. :(

My first shiny pokemon was is from gen VI and I've been playing pokemon for 10 years

aw hun c'mere and let me give you a hug :-(
it only happens to the best of us

Blue Rose is right. I've been playing Pok?mon at a very young age and it was not until I played for... um... I believe by the time Diamond and Pearl was out, I was playing Pok?mon for 11 years? I may be wrong. But the point is, Blue is right. This happen to the best of all of us.

But you know what? Kudos! At least you got a shiny now, chaicow! :D

Shiny 2nd evolution of geodude to lazy to look it up and dont remember it self destructed It's self

I was replaying emerald on an emulator a year and a half or so ago when I bumped into a shiny koffing at like 2 in he morning which made me so happy as I'd never seen one before - I kept it on my team but refused to evolve it as I don't like Weezing's gen III Sprite :)

Last edited:
I've never encountered a shiny pokemon. Sometimes I think they don't really exist. Like i'ts a big hoax that everyone except me is in on.

Le me playing X and Y, decided to try to hunt a shiny pokemon. I was up all night chain fishing on Friday until I fell asleep with my face on my 3DS (I drooled a bit too... oops.) Miraculously the battery wasn't dead so when I woke up at 6:00 AM for no reason (I can hardly get out of bad at noon lmao) I kept going. I found a shiny Dragalge and I was so stunned I fell off of the couch I was sleeping on.

The Gen 3 pelican whose name I can't remember...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've played for nearly 20 years, Pokemon was my first video game, and I've only caught one shiny

First ever was an Audino from White 2

First I caught myself was a Relicanth from X

Back