• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon First ever shiny pokemon?

In what generation did you find your first shiny?

• Gen 2

Votes: 37 15.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
my first shiny pok?mon is a hoppip! i found it in soulsilver during 2011. that hoppip has inspired me to do shiny hunting ever since.

First shiny I ever encountered was a Geodude. I was young at the time, and I thought that it was "sick" so I killed it. I eventually ran into a shiny Tentacool, of which, yet again, thought it was sick. This time, though, I captured it...then my save data corrupted. :\
I guess the first shiny I've ever encountered AND caught was a Carnivine in the Great Marsh. o_O

Last edited:
My first shiny was Skuntank. I was over in the pal park area not knowing what to do and found it. I didn't know it was special, I just though it was cool. (Please note this is the game I used a master ball in a beautifly because I had never seen one before... I was young!)

My first shiny was a Pumpkaboo in pokemon Y! I had played most the previous games and have never encountered a shiny once (Excluding the shiny gyarados from hg/ss) so I panicked!! I ended up calling all my friends and freaking out because I had no idea what to do, since i only had one pokeball and a waaay overleved Haxorus (..also, pumpkaboo was immune to false swipe, which made it 10x worse :( ). I just crossed my fingers and threw the pokeball and somehow I caught it! It was a miracle!

Oh man I've only caught 1 shiny, and that was the first Shiny I ever got. It was a shiny Hoppip and I was so excited when I caught it I almost ended up killing it because I wasn't thinking straight.
The rest i've gotten are from trades and breeding. Not as exciting.

A freaking Gurdurr >:C
and then I traded it to my brother and now he has a shiny conkledurr

MY first was in pokemon diamond. I was just bored and trying to level up in the grass then a shiny graveller appeared. I tried to catch it but it self-destructed.

I got heartgold, and I think it was the same day I got it or the day after:
I was walking about catching pokemon for my dex on the first root, with my very rubbish pokemon.
Then I flip out because I see a shiny spearow.
Then I throw a pok?ball at it.
I catch it.
I flip out.
Calls it SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now has a shiny fearow pernemently called SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!
Boom.​

Eh... If I remember correctly, sans Red Gyarados, my first was a Swinub in Heart Gold.

Either that or it was a Fearow from the Platinum battle area thing. I think I thought it was a Ho-Oh or something, but I ran away because I thought Fearow were plebs.

Gen VI

I never played the second gen games but if I didn't I don't count sjiny garados since anyone could get him

Not counting red gyarados, I found a shiny flaffy on the route just south of lake of rage in my gold version. It barely looked different, but I was thrilled!

I found a shiny ryhorn in the safari zone heartgold, and by some miracle, I caught it. It was one of the most stressful moments of my young life.

My first shiny was in Generation 6 (AS) when I encountered a shiny Wingull. Luckily, I didn't murder mine.

Last edited:
I don't remember if I posted in here.

But anyways, my first shiny was probably in FRLG, a geodude.

My bred shiny was Riolu, which I proudly keep.

I don't remember if I caught the geodude. ouo;

And then there's always the Red Gyarados... >_>;

Aside from the Red Gyarados, and Shiny Dratini from the White Forest, it was a Shiny Honedge in X from Masuda Method. Unfortunately it doesn't have perfect IVs (I still use it nonetheless though). I don't know, I kind of find it upsetting how I never found a shiny in Gens 3/4/5 despite putting so many more hours into them, haha.

My first was that red gyarados, but for me that doesn't count.
My first shiny I can remember encountering by accident was a shiny numel about a year ago followed a few months later by a shiny Nincada.
I don't battle with them, but I am proud to have them nevertheless. :D

My first one was a tentacool but I played on an emulator before getting a nintendo console and I don't even remember which game it was. A few years later I got a 3ds + pokemon y where I found a shiny Garbodor! One mans trash is another mans treasure haha

Last edited:
Back