• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

First NA Commercial

I have no comments.
Other than...
WHAT THE ACTUAL ***** AOFIHWIHRFAILGUJRFUK HJASB LKAJFN

Too cheesy, and not a very animal crossing feel to it, i think you all get what i mean

Ha it certainly strikes me as a very American advert, when I saw the boy I was like 'Oh God here we go...' but actually it's quite good!

What.. The.. I really don't like it. :< it's the opposite of the other commercials which had people in costumes in the real world.. Now it's real people in the digital world. The graphics of it is cute, just wish they left the people out of it.

I had a really weird, trippy dream about New Leaf two nights ago - incidentally, it was quite like that trailer (although I didn't point at things I wanted to customise lol)

Oh no, that commercial probably scared away a lot of potential AC players. Well, besides toddlers, they might give it a go.

Let's hope they don't make a horrid british one with poor accents but use the american one just like they did for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity advert.

I didn't find it cheesy and I wasn't bothered by real people being shown. ._. The only thing that bothered me was the message I got from it.
It was basically, "This is Animal Crossing where all you can do is make furniture look different, change the outside of your house, and put some playground equipment in your town. That's all there is to do. Oh, and then friends can visit and look at it."

I'm sure there will be more commercials that will show off some of the other features.

I didn't find it cheesy and I wasn't bothered by real people being shown. ._. The only thing that bothered me was the message I got from it.
It was basically, "This is Animal Crossing where all you can do is make furniture look different, change the outside of your house, and put some playground equipment in your town. That's all there is to do. Oh, and then friends can visit and look at it."

I'm sure there will be more commercials that will show off some of the other features.

One of the Japan commercials just showcased a character walking through an area of cherry blossom trees. xD But I think that wasn't meant to get people to buy the game just to inform people with the game what was going on...

Last edited:
Seriously? It shows how silly the game is.

I liked it.

If you never played AC you think this commercial would convince you to start? A little boy pointing at things and making them change. The first thing that would come to mind is, "Psh, I can get a free app on my phone that's just as good as this."
Well, at least that's what I got from it.

I just don't think much thought was put into it. I wish it was at least a bit clever.

If you never played AC you think this commercial would convince you to start? A little boy pointing at things and making them change. The first thing that would come to mind is, "Psh, I can get a free app on my phone that's just as good as this."

I just don't think much thought was put into it. I wish it was at least a bit clever.

That's why it is good to turn the volume up as well. Personally, it would have gotten me to buy the game if I have never even heard of it. Like I said before, the commercial reminded me of the MySims commercial, and the MySims commercial alone got me to buy the game.

Probably. A game where you get to design furniture and a town? Sounds like my kind of game.

Hence why I'm here, of course.

I for one love the commercial!! Especially the graphics and FX!! I think just the commercial would intrigue me to learn more about the game, if I didn't already know what it was!

I think they left out a lot. People love collecting, and the commercial didn't mention anything about fossils, fish, bugs, or exploration.
I'm guessing this is one of several commercials, and this one emphasizes the design aspect of the game.

From the thumbnail of Lisa on that page I thought it was going to be like the GameCube commercials with the people in costumes.

It's a pretty good commercial. It shows the gameplay and having real people in the commercial in place of AC avatars helps show that "YOU are the character, it's you" to people who don't really play games. It doesn't appeal to me personally, but it's a good advertisement. We already want the game, we don't have to like the commercial. :p

Nothing could be worse than the City Folk commercials.

Back