• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Game Soundtracks

Hands down for me it's Final Fantasy VIII. (And it's piano collection.) I'll listen to it at least once every year.

I'm also quite fond of Shenmue.

My least favorite is Silent Hill 3 cause even though there's some good songs in it.. I skip through a lot of the tracks cause it's creepy. Least it's good for haunted houses during Halloween

My Super Smash Bros Soundtrack is best soundtrack.

And bowser smoking a joint. Awesome.

The soundtracks for Super Mario 64 and Yoshi's Story will always have a special place in my heart.

Portal 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, and I didn't like the game but the Mario Galaxy soundtrack is incredible.

Thunder Tornado (Tornado Man) is one of the best Mega Man tracks in my opinion. So energetic. Magma Burning (Magma Man), Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxy Man), Overdrive Scramble (Fake Man), We're the Robots (Dr. Wily Stage 2) and Wily Machine 9 are amazing too.

Did you have the chance to hear the arranged soundtrack of Mega Man 9? What did you think of it?

all of the yes to pretty much everything you said. *__*
and no... at least, not aside from the one thing my friend linked me to. which I liked.

This is probably going to become my new favourite thread... most of my music library is video game soundtracks/remixes. :)
Here are a few of my current favourites:

Hands down for me it's Final Fantasy VIII. (And it's piano collection.) I'll listen to it at least once every year.

I'm also quite fond of Shenmue.

My least favorite is Silent Hill 3 cause even though there's some good songs in it.. I skip through a lot of the tracks cause it's creepy. Least it's good for haunted houses during Halloween

Your love of the SH3 soundtracks and the FFVIII piano collections has me thinking I ought to give the Shenmue soundtrack a try! I've never played the game before, but if its soundtrack is in the same league as the other two things you listed... I'm excited already :D

The Guilty Gear and BlazBlue games in general have decent soundtracks. They're mostly full songs as well rather than a snippet that's looped, which I always prefer since it's nicer to listen to outside of the game :3

Those 'types' of fighting games always tend to have good soundtracks, though those would be my favorite.

The original Devil May Cry games (pre-reboot) soundtracks were pretty awesome too. The new one might too but I've not played it.

And bowser smoking a joint. Awesome.

Drugs are bad, M'kay.

Bowser should feel bad about making drugs look awesome.

Last edited:
The World Ends With You has one of the best soundtracks I've heard so far. 8+ years and it's still staying strong
One of my favorites:

Your love of the SH3 soundtracks and the FFVIII piano collections has me thinking I ought to give the Shenmue soundtrack a try! I've never played the game before, but if its soundtrack is in the same league as the other two things you listed... I'm excited already :D

Shenmue's OST has a lot of jazzy elevator music and it's very peaceful to listen to. It has always reminded me of shopping with my mom as a kid and the game always kinda had that nostalgia with me. I think I've wasted a lot more time wandering the game then actually trying to beat it. I humor the fact that the voice acting was terrible, but the music makes up for it.

Another OST on my faves list is Okami.

Best way to improve a boring day is by getting a video game OST on yer iPod, stick some headphones on, and carry on yer way. Gotta wash some dishes? No sweat. Change the track to "J-E-N-O-V-A" from FF7 and it'll make everything seem more epic.

...lolz talking from experience.

@Lockfancy: Or Guile's Theme. It goes with everything, yo. ;I

To break my probably-I-can't-be-bothered-to-check Crypt of the NecroDancer recommendation combo, today I'm showing off something from a Sonic the Hedgehog fangame, Sonic Overture.

Seriously this is literally just happiness in song form. The entire soundtrack, just pure unfiltered happiness.

Last edited:
Transistor has the best soundtracks, and I listen to it daily even now.

_n C_rcl_s is the corrupted version of in circles and hearingt hem together is amazing.

Besides Animal Crossing Population Growing and New Leafs soundtracks, I really enjoy Skyrims soundtrack. Especially the Skyrim Atmospheres music. I think its what makes the game even more enjoyable for me even though I dont get to play much because of school and work :)

The Paper Mario TTYD OST will forever be my favorite soundtrack. I couldn't pick a favorite, so I'm just going to post the main theme.

I rly love the soundtracks for Jet Set Radio/Future. especially Future. mmmmmmmmmmm so good

honorable mentions to Aisle 10, Birthday Cake and Koto Stomp

Back