• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Have you completed your fossil collection?

Yes, a friend gave me a few but there was one fossil that eluded me foreverrrr. I dont remember which it was though

Nope, I'm still missing one. Today I got the final Miles achievement for assessing fossils. 500 of them and I managed to get all of them but one. I'm not giving up yet though.

I think I was quite lucky since I managed to finish the fossil collection without trading with others though I do TT so that's probably why haha

I haven’t traded any fossils yet either! I’m still determined to find mine on my own too, but I’m not done yet. I don’t have many left though

When I decided to check my catalog, I think I only needed 1 thing. I ended up buying it from someone on here and I think I would have been fine to just wait since I’m still digging up fossils and having them assessed for the achievement. I’m sure I would have found it myself by now.

yep.
i have SO MANY FOSSILS built up in my storage that i'm saving to trade in case anyone wants any but i might just vendor them ;;

I completed mine a couple of days ago.
I thought it was going to take me much longer to complete since I don't trade or tt.

I did it today! No donations and didn't use TT for that. Also on many days I was too lazy to dig them lol

I completed it by myself and it took me a surprisingly long time compared to most others-- I think like day 87 I completed it (though it was just one hold-out, as there was a 20+ day streak there where I had no new fossils and thought I was already done-- didn't realize Blathers tells you when you're finished!)

We JUST finished the collection! Turns out my son had a bunch in his storage and had them for WEEKS. He just assessed them and of course, one was the last one. Wtf. Urg.

I just finished my collection a few days ago, with no trading!

It's the first time I've ever managed to complete a fossil collection. In New Leaf, I'm sure I played for more hours than I have New Horizons, yet I never finished it! I'm really pleased, but also a bit disappointed that there's nothing left to look forward to with fossils.

I wish we could make mini fossil models like we were able to in New Leaf. I'd love to display them outside my museum - the full-sized model is a bit too big for the layout I have right now.

Yes! Finished it months ago thanks to the people here on TBT. Feels great to have a complete fossil section.

I just finished my within the last week. A friend on here helped me out with the last 4-6 fossils I needed (I really owe him a lot 🙂); I got the majority of the fossils on my own though.

Yes, completed them all by myself. Guess I just got lucky

I finished it a bit ago, I ended up trading for like three fossils on here just to finish it because I kept getting the same fossils.
My boyfriend and I used to give each other the spare fossils we would get to complete the fossil collection quicker.

I finished it awhile ago. Like most people here I did all of it by myself except for the last two. I traded for those. Idk why the last two are so difficult lol. But I don’t regret it

yes, and it feels great!

i finished it about a month ago, but i wish they would change the dialogue for blathers when he accesses your fossils to something a little bit simpler, more straight to the point.

i barely dig up fossils anymore, usually every 4-5 days. usually when a villager requests a treasure hunt ;o;

Back