• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Have you completed your fossil collection?

Not yet. I started off strong by having at least one new fossil each day. Now, I keep getting duplicates. I have a feeling that I need two or three more fossils to complete the fossil museum. Just throwing it out there, but does it feel like we're getting new fossils a bit too quickly? I don't remember being on the verge of getting all fossils in New Leaf within a few months. If anything, it took me at least a year to complete it there.

Yep...and I did it without trading. Although, I did ask my brother to help me find the last fossil I needed...but, I ended up digging it up myself on the same day that he texted me and said that he found it. So...yeah, that was kind of funny.

I finished about 95% of my museum before trading for the last few. Since then I think I’ve dug up all the fossils that would’ve been remaining, but I have no regrets asking for the last hard-to-find ones :) It was so nice to finally be done the exhibit!

i'm missing like 6 or 7 and I still haven't had any luck finding them!! every day Blathers is like "oop we already have these" when I get my fossils assessed :'(

It took a while for the last one, but I did complete it the other day. Now I'm finishing my fossil assessment badge - about 30 to go. Once I do, I'll bury some out of site to stop spawning.

I refuse to trade for museum items, too. I've bought fake art, but the first real has to be bought from Redd. Once that happens, I may buy a real piece to put in my house or around the island.

Yep! I actually like seeing all the villagers roaming around in the fossil room. It's funny when they're silhouette matches up with their animal. I saw one post that have anhka talking about the saber-tooth tiger.
it was a little sad because I think she was saying something about her friend or her mom. This was on when it so I can't exactly remember what it was.

I somehow managed to complete the fossil collection by myself! When I had given my last fossil to Blathers one day, he was like, it's completed! (and I was so confused...didn't realized I had gotten them all already lol)

Yes i've completed mine! There was a point I decided to roam my museum and try to determine which fossils I was missing. I was missing about 5. So I took note then looked for the remaining on here and traded!

I finished mine like 2 months ago by myself! im putting my extras outside my museum for decoration and the last thing I need is a stego torso and i can never find it...

I feel like I should be close, with the amount of fossils that get turned away (haven't found a new one in weeks), but when I looked there were still so many missing. D:

Back