• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

HEY NINTENDO. RELEASE THE AC-THEMED XL IN USA/EUROPE.

I'm not sure it's going to be released outside of Japan. There's a LOT of limited consoles and handhelds that end up being Japan only. Maybe Nintendo will surprise me, but I don't expect to see it.

I saw one of these in person a few days ago on the train here in Japan. From a distance, you can't see the shapes, so it looks like a white 3DS with polka dots. I'm not a fan of polka dots, personally. Even up close, it's not that interesting to me. Probably will buy a Japanese 3DS in the future, but I'll go for a different one. So if it does get released outside of Japan, you guys don't need to worry about me buying up any of the stock. I'll save it for someone who actually likes it. :)

It's going to cost Nintendo a fair amount of money to get this 3DS XL actually built, along with changing the region lock and translating everything but that isn't too difficult. Yet they still have to spend money on that and getting these 3DS XLs to the USA and EU. A company will have different objectives, the main one being profit, so Nintendo has to be sure that they'll reach and pass break-even. If they don't they won't make a profit. Then you have to think, what if they don't sell well? Then Nintendo won't make a profit (obviously) and it will have been a waste of their money and resources. Also taking into account that both the EU and USA are known for taking up home consoles rather than handhelds, is their target market big enough to justify a 3DS XL with a pattern on it? People are more likely to go buy those stickers, which I've often gotten for free from ONM, as they're cheaper and more customizable.

Sorry, thats probably not very clear, just trying to apply my minor business knowledge here.
But if this was released I'd probably buy it, but it depends on the price and if it will come with the digital download.

^ You're making it sound like it's harder to bring these out than it is. All Nintendo has to do is paint US/European 3DS XLs differently for it. They don't take a Japanese one and change it.

The XL is not for me. I actually travel with my 3ds but I dont want to carry it in a bag. I mean that thing is huge. Especially if you get the Nerf armor for it lol. I saw one yesterday and I was surprised the kid had his face so close to it.

Love that 3DS, I'd sell my flame red one for one of those beauties.

I contacted Nintendo on it, they said nothing official has been said yet, but then again, they might be holding it until they release the game;)

Love that 3DS, I'd sell my flame red one for one of those beauties.

I contacted Nintendo on it, they said nothing official has been said yet, but then again, they might be holding it until they release the game;)

How do you contact them? I think I will do that too. The more they hear about us wanting it, the better chance we have of getting it.

If it's any help, the 'limited edition' pikachu 3ds XL was originally exclusive to Japan, and within 6 months it was made available in Europe - so what's to say that it won't happen with this XL?

If it's any help, the 'limited edition' pikachu 3ds XL was originally exclusive to Japan, and within 6 months it was made available in Europe - so what's to say that it won't happen with this XL?
yeah I've made this point a while ago, too :)

I adore Animal Crossing, but I'm really not too fond of this product... ><
It just feels like the design wasn't really thought out too much.
"Oh, let's just slap some AC related logos on a white 3DS XL. That's cool."
To be completely honest, I've seen skin designs on DeviantArt that have more personality.

It's cute, I'll give it that. And I do think that it should be able to be purchased in other regions by those interested. However, my purchasing of it would really depend on the pricing... xD​

I adore Animal Crossing, but I'm really not too fond of this product... ><
It just feels like the design wasn't really thought out too much.
"Oh, let's just slap some AC related logos on a white 3DS XL. That's cool."
To be completely honest, I've seen skin designs on DeviantArt that have more personality.

It's cute, I'll give it that. And I do think that it should be able to be purchased in other regions by those interested. However, my purchasing of it would really depend on the pricing... xD​

Not to be rude or anything, but your posts are very difficult to read because of the small font size. Font sizes, colors and styles are really only supposed to be used to make a word or two in your post stand out, not to stylize your posts because you think it looks cool or unique.

I've found myself straining my eyesight just to try and read your posts. It'd be great if you would just type like the rest of us. You'd be saving us from hurting our vision. :) If you really want to have different-looking posts, could you please at least increase the font size? Thank you. ^^

Not to be rude or anything, but your posts are very difficult to read because of the small font size. Font sizes, colors and styles are really only supposed to be used to make a word or two in your post stand out, not to stylize your posts because you think it looks cool or unique.

I've found myself straining my eyesight just to try and read your posts. It'd be great if you would just type like the rest of us. You'd be saving us from hurting our vision. :) If you really want to have different-looking posts, could you please at least increase the font size? Thank you. ^^

Font sizes and colors are typically used to have unique looking posts. I don't understand what you're coming from.

Font sizes and colors are typically used to have unique looking posts. I don't understand what you're coming from.

Lots of forums have rules against making full posts in different font sizes and colors. For example, Animal Crossing Community has an "overuse of markup" rule, which is the same as what I just described. Font sizes/colors/styles are not supposed to be used that way; forum posts aren't meant to be fancified. They're supposed to be simple to read. I shouldn't have to be straining my eyes just to read a member's posts.

It's a post in a forum, not an arts and crafts project.

Last edited:
Lots of forums have rules against making full posts in different font sizes and colors. They're not supposed to be used that way; forum posts aren't meant to be fancified. They're supposed to be simple to read. I shouldn't have to be straining my eyes just to read a member's posts.

It's a bit hard to read because it's small but I still think it's cool that she has a unique post style. I can spot her on a board in no time. It's like she's writing in her own "voice."

Lots of forums have rules against making full posts in different font sizes and colors. They're not supposed to be used that way; forum posts aren't meant to be fancified. They're supposed to be simple to read. I shouldn't have to be straining my eyes just to read a member's posts.

If this forum has a rule such as the one you've stated above, I'll gladly follow it and post normally. But seeing as the reply box shows options with which one can change the appearance of their post, I plan on utilizing it.
Therefore, I believe I'm going to keep posting in the format I'm accustomed to for the moment being.
However,​
I apologize that you have difficulty viewing my posts, and I'll consider changing it to a more 'vision friendly' size in the future. Let's all bond over our common interests in this video game, as opposed to arguing over something as silly as a post layout.

Back