• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Hiking Trip (Melon Ballers and Crystal Ballers Cabins)

Wait wait wait, I've seen this before, I've totally seen it... The dinosaur, the giant mushrooms... yes, it's absolutely Journey to the center of the Earth! :LOL: Jules Verne would be so proud of you, cabin mate!
Post automatically merged:

Hey, awesome visual play trick you did here! :D
Thank you!!

Wait wait wait, I've seen this before, I've totally seen it... The dinosaur, the giant mushrooms... yes, it's absolutely Journey to the center of the Earth! :LOL: Jules Verne would be so proud of you, cabin mate!
Honestly? Total coincidence, as I've never actually read Journey to the Center of the Earth or seen any of the adaptations. This is just what resulted from my contemplation of what to use for scene dressing. I felt a bit inspired by the Dinosaur Plush collectible, so I threw it back there. :p

Looks like I'll finally have to get around to reading it now though!

Glad you like it. :)

378C0215-E62B-44CE-9612-7C9CBADE6F3F.jpeg

here is mine.

Outfit:
Nook inc. Cap - Tom Nook is paying me to advertise.
Shades - I have bad vision and the sun won’t help. Also, they make me look cool.
Camp tee - Because it’s CAMP BELL TREE. I felt it fit the theme.
Outdoor backpack - it’s designed for the outdoors and can keep all of my healthy snacks inside! (Translation: my pile of bags of gummy bears, Oreos, and Cheetos.)
Cycling pants - I’m going to assume that they are flexible, and flexibility is important for being able to move freely in the wilderness.
Sporty Sandals - They are good in the heat, and cover enough of your foot that there isn’t much room for leaves and sticks to poke in.

Items:
Puppy plush - this is supposed to represent my dog, Luna, and she would be the only thing keeping me sane on this trip.
Sleeping bag - I’m the person who didn’t have the energy (translation: was to lazy) to bring the tent. I had to steal this from a camper when they weren’t looking, which is why they never made it to the top of the mountain, but don’t tell them.
Campfire cookware - because it’s both a pot and a campfire. I can make soup and s’mores!
Jukebox- Why are you looking at me like that? I could definitely fit a jukebox in my suitcase. It’s completely normal!
I needed some music to listen to to calm me down so I could sleep.
Water pump - a running water source would be extremely helpful in a hiking trip.

2021081317465900_c.jpg
y Scene: Here is my island representative having a picnic near the river after hiking about the valley.
Outfit: She is wearing sturdy boots (no pebbles in these shoes), worn jeans (she may have tripped and torn them before), a light weight shirt (it gets hot hiking around), sunglasses and a hat (to ward off the sun). The backpack she is wearing was used to carry all the items needed for a pleasant picnic during the hike.
Items: There are fresh grapes (super sweet and refreshing), a lunch pack (full of yummy food and clean water), and a picnic basket (with plates, cups, utensils, and a thermos of coffee). She also brought a book that has information on the local insects that are swarming around. Most importantly, she brought a citronella wax warmer to ward off any mosquitos.

2021081315135800-02-CB906-EA538-A35643-C1-E1484-C4-B947-D.jpg

i brought a tent & sleeping bag for a place to rest, a chair to sit down on when i need to take a break, a lantern for light when it gets dark, and a camp stove to cook food and heat up water! as for my outfit, i'm wearing a cap to block the hot sun, a comfy jacket+shorts, hiking boots, and a backpack to keep water and other essential items :)

Melony-camping.jpg

When gaming is life, I couldn't help but bring my Nintendo Switch with me on my camping trip. I have my cozy outfit to keep myself warm. I made sure to bring a Generator and Gas to power my TV and keep my Switch charged. My current favorite game is Ring Fit so I couldn't forget that! It'll help keep me active through my trip.

13-08-57-2021081408111800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I bought a sleeping bag and a lantern to sleep and walk at night, as well as my telescope for stargazing now that I'm away from the light pollution of the city. I also took my lucky cat to make sure nothing bad happens and uh, a first aid kit that was much needed after my fall that torn my pants and disfigured me. Thanks, lucky cat 🙄
I made sure to get a warm coat because it gets quite cold at night and that was a good call now that half of my leg is constantly exposed. Good thing I had good shoes otherwise I would've broke an ankle as well.

IMG_4692.JPG

I decided to go stargazing and wanted to get the best view so I went camping up in the mountains!

As it was cold I made sure to wear lots of warm clothes, such as my insulated coat and warm hat. I also brought my backpack along to help hold all of my items :)

I brought my tent and campfire to keep warm, even during the cold nights. I brought a lantern which helped me see at night!! I made sure to bring my telescope so I could see all of the pretty stars and planets clearly. And finally I brought my kettle so I had coffee to keep me warm and awake!!

IMG-4708.JPG

My hiking trip would be centred around exploring the area’s flora! 💐 As a plant – and especially flower – enthusiast, I brought (1) my plant identification field guide (customized magazine) to help me locate and identify species within the region. My (2) handy shovel (Outdoorsy Shovel – avocado) would allow me to dig samples up.

Moreover, I've brought a (3) big plastic container (soft-shelled turtle) that I’ll fill with river and/or pond water as I go to maintain my plant samples’ freshness... Eh? How did you get in here, buddy (i.e., soft-shelled turtle)? Go on, let’s get you out of here. 😊 I would later return home with the larger samples carefully kept in my container for further observation and analysis. Now if I only could find a lid...

I can’t forget my (4) lantern so that I can venture the campgrounds at night in search of nocturnal plants, but not too far, of course. Will I get lucky this time?

Finally, because I also consider camping as a leisure activity, I’ve brought my (5) portable DIY workbench, i.e., simply finding a stump that’s not too decayed and scattering my tools all over it (Simple DIY Workbench)! As soon as I’ve collected all my specimens, I would swiftly dash back to my campsite and craft flower-themed items on my impromptu DIY workbench. A flower crown, a flower swag, a flower wreath, a hyacinth lamp... Or should I lacquer flower petals to immortalize their beauty? Quick! Let’s write all of my ideas down, but where did I place my sheet of paper again (answer: on the DIY workbench)?

❁ ❀ ❁

As shown on the field guide’s page, today’s thematic focuses on aquatic flora. As such, I’ve worn my favourite straw hat with orange crocus tucked on the sides (customized Brimmed Hat). I’m hoping that these flowers would lure insects in, so that I can determine the types of plants thriving nearby. I’ve also brought my glasses (Octagonal Glasses – gold) since I do not have 20/20 vision.

I’m wearing long pants (Chino Pants – beige) over my socks (Argyle Crew Socks – beige) and on top of my long-sleeved checkered shirt, I’m wearing a gardener's apron (customized Coat). As you can see, I’ve picked up a few flowers here and there (plants tucked inside my apron pockets). I’ve purposefully covered my arms and legs to protect myself from insect bites and/or stings as well as prickly shrubs and tree branches.

Waterproof boots (Recycled Boots) are a must if I’d like to proceed into wet areas more comfortably! I’m also carrying my most trusted backpack (Traveller's Backpack – brown) filled with all of my essentials: I’ve got my provisions, my first-aid kit, some spare socks and a blanket, some matches... You can’t see them, but I assure you that they all fit in. Of course, I’ve carefully tucked my research diary inside, as to not get it wet while I explore the field! Lastly, I’ve placed a map on top of everything to have easier access to it and to not get too lost (I should probably listen to Katrina’s Words of Wisdom)!

Oh? Did you notice the band-aids on my face? I got a little too excited upon seeing some rare flowers yesterday and got a few scratches when I sprinted to them. 😅

❁ ❀ ❁
This doesn’t count towards my official entry, but I wanted to share a picture of my island representative in action with all of you:
IMG-4710.JPG

You wouldn’t guess what I just discovered... On a cool cloudless morning, I was off to find a dwarf waterlily (Nymphaea tetragona or Nymphaea leibergii) when I stumbled upon a giant waterlily (Victoria amazonica)! But what’s it doing here? This beauty’s home actually lies in the tropical regions of South America. How strange but also exciting... A mystery I must uncover!

On a side note, in honour of my cabin’s name, can you spot the hidden melon? 😉
Did you know?
The giant waterlily flower has a brief lifespan of about 2 days! On the first day, the white flower is female and emits a scent and heat to attract beetles. Once the pollinators land on it to obtain more pollen, they simultaneously fertilize the flower with pollen they had picked up elsewhere. At the same time, the flower closes on itself, trapping them inside.

The next day, it turns into an odourless, purplish red male flower and forms pollen. The insects are then freed to fertilize other water lilies. Having served its purpose, the flower finally succumbs and gets engulfed by the water, never to be seen again.

Note that “each plant only ever has one white flower at a time”. (Source:
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew)
Disclaimer: custom designs used are not my own:
Landscape:
  • Grass: MA-2565-5490-8911 / MO-XSQ2-THHJ-HS4F (Better Indoor Grass)
  • Pond*: MA-1378-6487-0934 / MO-MCRN-QBSH-6S7L (nameless pond renew)
  • Flowery dirt path*: MA-4870-6027-8343 / MO-YX1M-L0GK-0FVP ([Japanese characters] 1)
  • Slanted steps*: MA-1302-6213-4525 / MO-D2GH-K33Y-Y7T4 ([Japanese characters] 1L)
  • Leaf pattern (R): MA-2666-2445-8950 / MO-8RJL-FTMD-8RJ2 (Happa Migi)
  • Leaf pattern (L): MA-2666-2445-8950 / MO-5K39-VB4M-VMSK (Happa Hidari)
  • Leaf and petals: MA-2666-2445-8950 / MO-L32W-8R2Q-NY41 (Happa Hanabira)
  • Small purple flowers: No longer available online, but MA-3624-2734-2880
  • Rocks: MA-5382-7851-7834 / MO-44H1-669G-3L80 (Piedras)
  • Rocks and flowers: MA-9735-6815-3749 / MO-F74N-6RSX-JG47 (Flowery Stone 2 (NE))
  • Water puddle: MA-4164-9009-8236 / MO-1QD2-PYCY-CH2S ([Japanese characters] 3)
  • Camping Van*: MA-1448-0247-9444 / MO-7QT7-42VJ-MFDS (volkswagen van (L))
  • *I only included one Design ID since the rest can easily be found with the Creator ID.
Clothes/face paint:
  • Brimmed Hat: MA-9688-1111-8982 / MO-FR1Q-31NS-T2K2 (Tulip Straw Hat)
  • Customized Coat: MA-4485-9060-4826 / MO-48GV-XL5Y-R7HP (Gardening Apron)
  • Face paint (pink bangs): MA-2669-2502-0048 / MO-N8L6-C7NB-NJD5
Customized items:
  • Magazine: MA-1378-6487-0934 / MO-47H2-FP87-YHHT (nameless pond renew)
  • Stacked documents (yellow pond flowers): MA-1157-2762-7145 / MO-LSGY-QCRW-87PL

LP9zdo1.jpg

Bug-hunting in the mountains! I brought a sleeping bag to camp out during the night, and a lantern to keep it well lit in the darkness. I also brought a retro fan to battle the scorching heat, as well as a portable radio in case we get lost in the mountains and need to make an emergency call. Alongside my (flimsy) net, I've brought a book which covers everything from spiders to beetles to butterflies.

I wore a mountain parka for the mountains, comfy chino pants for all the walking, an explorer's hat to beat the heat alongside my flower sunglasses, wearing pleather sneakers and simple accent socks to keep me on my feet all day.

Help I went camping with my bunny and he ran away. Then I got triggered and fell asleep with the fire going after dinner from my picnic basket, but it's cool because nature. I also found a cool log to sit on and I left the lamp running in case Bubs comes home. yay nature.

image0.jpg

I am wearing a wonderful straw boater hat because it matches my face, a baggy shirt because comfy, explorer shorts because nature, and work boots to work through my problems.

edit: I think I forgot to mention the pet bed which is for Bubs to sleep in! His bed at home isn't quite the same, but he loves to cuddle up in a comfy spot.

Last edited:
1-A0-F768-E-550-C-4353-B128-A0513-E517-E14.jpg

For my trip, I decided to camp in the mountains to get a better view of the stars! I brought along my tent to sleep in, my favorite stuffed animal to keep me company, plenty of yummy food to keep me satiated throughout the trip, a lantern for emergency lighting in case the fire goes out, and of course, a telescope to gaze at the stars.

For my outfit, I wanted to wear something cute yet comfortable. I decided on a snug boa blouson and a pair of down pants to keep me warm as it tends to get chilly in these mountains, a denim cap to keep my head warm and face protected during the day, and some cute, comfy sneakers for hiking around.

C581A7F5-3DFA-4EDA-994A-4E67E98704D0.jpeg

Whenever I go camping my family loves to go fishing. So it's a given that I also enjoy fishing with them as well. Of course I had to bring along my trusty fishing rod with my favorite ducky bobber. You also can't forget fishing bait for maximum action. I have my sleeping bag to keep myself snug at night, a lantern to guide me through the dark and my ice chest to store my food and drinks. For my outfit, I’m wearing a jacket with a pair of jeans and knit hat to keep myself warm during fishing.

mountain hike.jpg

Coming to the end of the first week of camp, like the rest of cabin 2, I reached the peak of the mountain, where snow was starting to form. Looking at the stunning views, I decided to end this week-long hike with some stargazing on top of the mountain.
Due to the temperature, I rugged myself up with a thick coat, boots and hat, as well as keeping my backpack containing my other supplies on me. In terms of items, I brought with me some warm bedding, a a campfire cookware for food and warmth, a lantern for a more portable source of light, a telescope to stargaze with, as well as drawing materials, to take notes on what I can see.

View attachment 391845
Coming to the end of the first week of camp, like the rest of cabin 2, I reached the peak of the mountain, where snow was starting to form. Looking at the stunning views, I decided to end this week-long hike with some stargazing on top of the mountain.
Due to the temperature, I rugged myself up with a thick coat, boots and hat, as well as keeping my backpack containing my other supplies on me. In terms of items, I brought with me some warm bedding, a a campfire cookware for food and warmth, a lantern for a more portable source of light, a telescope to stargaze with, as well as drawing materials, to take notes on what I can see.

This... this is WONDROUS! :love:

View attachment 391845
I really like how you framed your photo! My favorite so far ^_^

Help I went camping with my bunny and he ran away. Then I got triggered and fell asleep with the fire going after dinner, but it's cool because nature. I also found a cool log to sit on and I left the lamp running in case Bubs comes home. yay nature.

image0.jpg

I am wearing a wonderful straw boater hat because it matches my face, a baggy shirt because comfy, explorer shorts because nature, and work boots to work through my problems.

I think you forgot to mention one item as I can only see four mentioned in the explanation. Please edit your post and ping me and I’ll accept it!

My ideal camping trip is just a visit of the woodlands to admire local fauna and nature. The camera shirt is brilliant and inspired the whole look because it’s a long sleeve shirt which helps to minimize mosquito bites but also allow me to take scenic pictures wherever I go. Camo pants, explorer hat as well as a nice pair of waterproof hiking shoes to complete the look.

In terms of the items I’d bring, definitely a tent as well as a sleeping bag for (comfortable?) overnight stay, plenty of water/food because who doesn’t need to eat or drink?! And last but not least, i always always make sure I print out any guides on the place I visit. It looks like this particular woodland is known for beautiful butterflies, as seen on the pamphlets here!

PS. Apologies on the poor quality of the screenshot as I’m in a quarantine hotel and my switch cannot connect to the wifi to send over a in-game snippet.

1629103286570.png

Back