• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

how many islands have you had? 🤔🏝️

how many islands have you had?

• just 1

Votes: 53 47.3%

Votes: 31 27.7%

Votes: 10 8.9%

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • i’ve never played new horizons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
interesting to see how many folks have two or more islands and that are mirrors of or similar to each other! don't know that i would have predicted that

I lost count of how many times I reset, but it has definitely been 5+ times at this point XD

I still have my island from release day! I planned out what type of map I wanted before launch, and I wasn't too concerned with a lot of stuff. No plans on restarting now, however I'd love to start a second island so I could decorate it with a theme, but I don't want to buy a whole new switch for the one game.

I restarted my island for a total of 5 times. After the 5th one I pretty much stopped, I am finally looking to decorate it where I haven't before.

Just one so far...
I do plan on starting a new island after I finish with S/V DLC coming out next month. I never thought I would have to start a new island but thats just the sad reality sometimes. My old island was called New Island but maybe I'll come up with a better name this time. If not, I guess New Island will work again

I still have my island from release day! I planned out what type of map I wanted before launch, and I wasn't too concerned with a lot of stuff. No plans on restarting now, however I'd love to start a second island so I could decorate it with a theme, but I don't want to buy a whole new switch for the one game.
This is where I am at as well. I would love to have an additional island but I don't want to spend the money on another console AND game since my first one is digital. I just worry that as soon as I spend all of that money Nintendo will come out with a brand new console and a new version of AC lol. That would be my luck!

I cast my vote for 3, but technically you could say it's been 4. I have my release day island, Taco Bell, still and had a second island called St. Jude. I just recently reset that second island to create Sour Patch. Prior to St. Jude, my husband and I had a "shared" island for a minute, but neither of us ever really played on it and eventually he agreed to let me start up a new island for myself lol

If I'm being honest, I only started my second and third islands because I had a really hard time figuring out a layout that I could be happy with. I find all of the terraforming to be really limiting, actually, which probably sounds totally backwards in theory but when you're given the ability to completely change all of your cliffs and rivers, at the end of the day it kinda feels like nothing matters and you just have to get lucky when you place stuff down that something sticks. I'll get like 60% of the way through designing an island and then start not liking some areas and having no idea how to change them without messing up things I've done previously.

I'm going to try in the next installment to just stick with one town and see how that goes. It took me nearly a decade to figure out my New Leaf town, and that was only because I hacked my 3DS and edited my layout that way lmao. Hopefully it doesn't take that long to be happy with at least one of my NH islands!

Two (Cozy & Fog). If I start playing again, it'll be three. I'd be starting from scratch when I boot up the game next. 🥲

2. The first was on my sister’s switch before I could purchase my own and the second is ln my switch!

I have 2. My first one is on the regular switch which is shared with my family, the reason the island is not deleted. I chose the name cause I'm cool like that: Sunstone. On my switch lite I have an island named Delfino (name is from Mario Sunshine since that game is so good) and currently am making it into a four seasons island. I found what seems to be a bug according to threads from a while ago. I have 9 villagers and I can't seem to have 10 tom nook ain't saying anything and I got a 3 star island. So I might have 3 islands in total if I have to delete this one. 🙁 That wouldn't be entirely bad tho

I resetted so many times I can't count anymore! Serious islands, I would say maybe three. So I'll assume it will be the fourth.
Now I'll buy a new switch, actually I could have two islands in the same time but I don't really care because one is enough for the time I have.

Just the one. I don't usually reset my AC games, although I'd be open to having a second island if Nintendo would allow for multiple saves.

I restarted my first island last year after having one for 2 years. Don't regret resetting but I regret the grind I did to rush finish my catalog and diy recipes.

Just my 1 island from launch day! I've contemplated restarting to move my river mouths but I've put so much work in terraforming, I'd hate to do that all over again.

I have 2 islands atm; my main one I've had since New Horizons launched and a second one on my Switch Lite that I use(d) to Amiibo in villagers for people. My intention for the second island was to decorate it however I liked but the villagers would be rotated out, but idk if I'd just make it entirely to my tastes now and scrap the rotating, but I don't play much anyways these days so everything will probably just stay as is 🤣

Back