• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

how many islands have you had? 🤔🏝️

how many islands have you had?

• just 1

Votes: 53 47.3%

Votes: 31 27.7%

Votes: 10 8.9%

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • i’ve never played new horizons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've only had two, one on my main Switch and one on my Switch Lite. I haven't done a whole lot with that second island though.

2!

I e had my first ever island, Rainbow, and then I made Fugiree!

I have a side switch, but Im not gonna count it

Definitely more than 5. I'm a terrible perfectionist and I always found tiny things to bother me. I'm on my final island though now, I resetted for weeks until I got everything I wanted (fruit, airport, rocks...).

Juan. Only Juan.
Utopia, which I got on launch day of 2020! I love that island so much and I've never even considered getting rid of it for a new one, especially considering I barely open it up nowadays.

I’ve only had one island. I was lucky enough to have everything I wanted on my first island. I didn’t reset for airport color or anything. I was fortunate enough to get blue and oranges on my first try. I’m not sure I would’ve reset, though, if I didn’t. I was too eager to start playing I didn’t want the introduction phase to take longer than it already was.

I’ve had 3 - my day one island (which I still have) and 2 islands on my second switch.

2 Islands

One is my main island
The other one is the "temporary" island that I can always restart whenever I feel like it.

I have an island on 2 Switches.
Main Island was started on release day and never reset.
2nd Island on 2nd Console was started 2 weeks later to get the missing fruit. It took 2 resets to get all the fruit. Started the game after that.

Just one from release day. Sometimes I've considered resetting but ultimately decided against it every time. Getting another console wouldn't be an option either since, like @/xara said, it wouldn't be the best decision financially.

I have two islands. I didn't want to restart my original launch day island, so I got myself a Switch Lite and another copy of the game, just so I could have a second island to play around with and reset to my heart's content.

Just my original one. I never saw the need to start my island over or have a second island.

Just the one! Restarting is so tedious in this game that I just have stuck with my island. Plus I kinda like it as is and am still working on it. It hasn't been completed yet.

Four. Three of them became total nightmares to try to tend to after I listened to Isabelle’s “advice” to plant some flowers. Those flowers ended up taking over 90% of the free space on my Island and I couldn’t get rid of them fast enough. I’d dig for two hours to toss them out and the next day the flowers doubled from before. So by the time I restarted for a fourth Island, I refused to listen to Isabelle and this one is my best Island. The rating still went up enough for KK to start playing concerts and I could finally start planning out the different areas I wanted on my Island.

I only have one island. I'm new to the series overall, so I'm not sure how most people play it, but I love the little community I've made...I don't let any villagers move out lol!

Lost count but I know it’s more than 5 times I’ve restarting on my one switch.

It’s taken forever to find the perfect Island and Island name for me but I’m overjoyed that I finally found it 💖

Two, but they're practically mirrors of each other. I only restarted because I couldn't change my representative's name and was tired of seeing it. Thought it was going to be more overwhelming than it ended up being, so I'm very happy I did it.

I have kept the same island since day one :p
I made my island back in 2020 then decided I hated it so I just deleted all the items to restart decorating.

So basically I have only had 1 island :)

I've currently got 3 islands.
My 1st one is called 'Hazzard' from February 2022. I would never ever restart that one, even though there is no theme and it is by no means perfect, but it was the first time I met my precious Buck so it will always be a special island.
2nd one I started in June 2022, it's also called 'Hazzard', only because there wasn't enough characters to write 'Hazzard County'.
3rd one, I decided to name it something completely different, Sapphire, after my favourite gemstones.
I don't think I would ever have the courage to restart the other two, as I would hate to have to try and catch fish again! Even though I've not completed anything in the museum apart from the fossils!

If I remember correctly, just 3. The first island was Termina when I got the game, the second (and current one) is Newgrounds, and my 2nd island is Neko Isle.

I just checked that I added my 7th island to the NookLink. That's a good number to stop at for me.

It's cute to see my island name history in there, though I hope we get name changes in the future.

Back