• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

If you could live in one season forever, what would you pick?

I’d say spring. It’s not too hot but it’s not miserable either. Autumn and winter can get a bit depressing. And I also hate the cold.

Winter. It's probably because I grew up in the tropics (Hawaii) and the area I live in/grew up in gets particularly dry (we had a nasty fire last year) so I hate the Summer and the heat, and sweating.

This pretty much sums up why I hate Summer (ignore the title, I'm subscribed to him for makeup videos and I stumbled on this 😭)

Maybe autumn...?
Spring brings tornadoes here, I cannot stand how hot summer is, and I cannot stand how cold winter is. If my house wasn't falling apart, maybe I'd go with winter since I used to like it but at the moment it is a nightmare for me.

I think I'd pick spring. Blooming flowers, days getting longer but not too hot. Perfect time for me.

Autumn for sure. I prefer wearing shorts and long sleeves, which I can do for most of autumn, but there are also enough cold days for hoodies and fun overalls. I love the sights and smells of autumn, and I also love that once the first frost hits, the mosquitos perish and a lot of allergen-producing plants start to die off. I really wish the season were longer in my region. We pretty much get 5 months of winter, 5 months of summer, and one month each of spring and fall to transition between them.

Official season ranking:
- Autumn
- Spring
- Winter
- Summer (weeping internally because it is June in the midwestern US for me)

probably autumn, i enjoy summer and winter but struggle more in the extreme temperatures either can bring so wouldn’t want to live in them long term.
i love the colours that autumn brings and the slight drop in temperature so i can wrap up warm and cosy but not be freezing. often enjoy spring when it comes around but it’s often very wet where i live during that season so wouldn’t want to live in constant rain - feels like i often already do 😂

The one that comes after Summer and before Winter. Fall, Autumn...whatever you call it. The temperature there is just right and you don't have to worry about allergies (from my knowledge).

I was trying to pick one, but I eventually settled on none. I think all of them have cons that would make them unbearable if I had to live in them forever:

- Winter: it’s too cold, and you’d have to be shoveling snow all the time. Plus, you’d never be able to wear warmer clothes. I don’t want to live in South Park
- Spring: it’s my favorite season, but also I don’t think I could handle the constant rain and pollen
- Summer: I like summer, but it gets way too hot and there’s too many bugs out
- Fall: sure, it would look nice, but you’d have to be constantly raking leaves. I don’t think I could do that

So yeah, all seasons are best when they only happen for a few months.

I was trying to pick one, but I eventually settled on none. I think all of them have cons that would make them unbearable if I had to live in them forever:

- Winter: it’s too cold, and you’d have to be shoveling snow all the time. Plus, you’d never be able to wear warmer clothes. I don’t want to live in South Park
- Spring: it’s my favorite season, but also I don’t think I could handle the constant rain and pollen
- Summer: I like summer, but it gets way too hot and there’s too many bugs out
- Fall: sure, it would look nice, but you’d have to be constantly raking leaves. I don’t think I could do that

So yeah, all seasons are best when they only happen for a few months.
Yeah this is my thought to. I would either settle for Spring or Autumn, but they all have their ups and downs that make them unique. I don't think I could live in a place like California that doesn't really have much season except for rain.

Speaking of shoveling and raking, when I was a kid we had a huge driveway. Like really long...so it took forever to shovel. Also we lived near nothing but woods so we had to rake all the leaves that fell from the forest and they all decided to fall on our yard lol. I would have dreams that night of just raking/shoveling. It was awful haha...

My first inclination is to say that I would want to live in the season of Autumn forever.

However, it kind of depends, though admittedly not a whole lot, on the parameters of this hypothetical.

I'd absolutely adore if the leaves on the trees would be their Autumnal red, yellow, orange, brown, pink, etc. throughout the year. That said, it didn't take long for me to consider that, well, the leaves would fall. In this hypothetical eternal Autumn, would the leaves grow back? While barren trees hold their own appeal to me, they are still less appealing than when they're full of vibrant colored leaves and this issue throws a bit of a wrench in this whole thing.

If we just assume that they maintain their leaves, but also shed them periodically? Oh hell yeah, no question.

Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The temperatures are cooler than Spring and Summer and, at least in my area, the weather tends to be more tolerable, with less rain and storms, than both Spring and Summer as well. There are less insects around, which is a plus. The sun sets earlier and I'm more of a night owl by nature, so I love that. The aforementioned leaves are obviously best when on the trees, but I'm quite fond of walking through leaf-covered paths and fallen leaves hold appeal as well. Both my birthday and Halloween, which is my favorite day of the whole year, take place within the season of Autumn as well. Autumn feels comforting, like home, to me.

If I had to choose a second season as a fallback, it would be Winter since I tolerate cold better than heat and, while ice is an issue, I love snowy scenery. Just not particularly fond of Spring and Summer, honestly.

Last edited:
Winter, without a doubt. I'm sure icy roads and shoveling snow would be an issue, but I'd rather deal with that than any other season. It's much colder (which I can tolerate better) and there aren't a ton of bugs. I also don't like to dress down, so I'd love nothing more than to wear hoodies, sweatpants, and slippers all day with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Plus, I enjoy looking at snow. :p

Winter has always been my favorite season, so this is no surprise.

If I were to be stuck in 1 season forever I'd say fall, while winter and summer are nice I feel like the more extreme temperatures would be a pain to deal with and I would get sick of it after a while, and spring is just a really crappy season in my opinion cause it's just rainy and gross all the time for me, autumn has fairly pleasant temperatures and the colors of the trees and plants are very pretty.

definitely autumn. the leaves change colour, the temperature gets colder and it's oversized jacket and massive jumper time

the only negative is that it's when all the spiders come out of hiding to find a significant other

Back