• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Hmm. I think autumn colours are starting to happen? I don't know. It's probably my own impatience and imperfect memory at work here but I think autumn in New Leaf looked more orange and red than... more yellow. My island looks like it has a severe case of jaundice. 😬🤨 I don't think Tutu is a fan either. 😆
oct15-6-b.jpg

oct12-tutu-b3.jpg

I spotted Maelle following a little butterfly today, so I started following Maelle. Is that a cute duck butt or what? :D She's my smallest islander; she's tiny compared to everyone else. I must remember to ask her what shampoo she uses because her hair is always immaculate. (I don't even comb mine anymore. It's super short, so I just rake my fingers through my hair once in the morning, and I'm good for the entire day. :p )
oct18-maelle1-b.jpg

Also, Wolfgang and Claude were enjoying a BBQ brunch at the plaza. This is only the second time a BBQ's happened. It reminds me of the the BBQ event in Tomodachi Life, where everyone's face gradually but surely turns black from the smoke. It's hilarious. If only the same thing happened in AC. :LOL:
oct18-bbq1-b.jpg

In other news, I've finished my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3. It's early access, so it's only one map which is most of Act 1. Still, it took me 45 hours. Can't wait to do it again with a different character. Maybe as a githyanki warlock or a tiefling ranger. I could stay in character creation for ever. So many choices and possibilities!

oct20-sherb1.jpg

oct20-sherb2.jpg

I'm just as excited as Sherb to start island-hopping and invite someone over as our new neighbour! It's Tutu who has moved out. She asked, and I said yes. To be perfectly candid, it's getting harder and harder to decide who moves out. I love all my residents, and even all my ex-residents. No one moved out because I can't stand them. But, every so often, someone has to move out because I want to meet new animals. Change is refreshing. It keeps the game interesting for me. 🏝

So I found Dom and Fuchsia working out at the plaza. I rarely see these two together. The last time was a surprise, way back in August, when I visited Fuchsia and saw that Dom was already there. Fuchsia mostly talks to the cranky and lazy neighbours. Dom... just zooms around a lot. As he always does. Sometimes I do wonder if he feels lonely, being the only jock and sheep on my island. :unsure: Naaah. It's Dom. And he's a jock. :p
oct21-exercise1-b.jpg

So here's my newest move-in: It's Deli! He's so cute! I had Deli in New Leaf. When I saw him, it felt like I was reuniting with a dear old friend. He was on the 13th island. Before Deli showed up, I was super tempted to invite Muffy, Ribbot, Gruff and Bruce. With Deli, I now have 3 lazy personalities on my island. Again. :ROFLMAO:
oct21-deli3.jpg

In other news, I've spent over 70 hours in Baldur's Gate 3! My player characters so far: as a githyanki and as a wood elf. Both times I played as a warlock. Next playthrough I'll be a guy. I'm thinking of adventuring as a ridiculously good-looking half-drow ranger. I suspect I'll be happily stuck in character creation for a long, long time. :giggle:
bg3-gith-elf2-b.jpg

Usually, when I intrude upon join an ongoing conversation between my islanders, my player character simply wears a smile that is somewhere between politely vacant and interestingly vapid. Today, in a conversation with Maelle and Dom, my player character actually had a reaction! I was pretty surprised. Maelle asked me what I was into as a child and I said books. Not to be outdone, Dom had this to say... :):eek::mad:
maelle-dom9-b.jpg

maelle-dom10-b.jpg

maelle-dom11-b.jpg

Also, Raymond's response to my silly I'M-A-STRAWBERRY! outfit confuses me. I can't decide if he's mildly obsessive about food or if he's actively suppressing an urge to lick me or something. :oops::LOL:
oct24-ray1.jpg

oct24-ray2.jpg

OMG. For the first time, I had fog on my island! I was so excited! Fog! Everything was foggy! I couldn't see clearly! I ran around taking too many screenshots! Because! Fog! I was a child with a new toy! It was so foggy!
oct26-fog8-b.jpg

Another foggy picture! No, no! There's no one hiding behind the tree with an axe! It's just the fog playing tricks on you! Because! Fog! It was so foggy! I took too many screenshots!
oct26-fog3-b.jpg

In other news, I spent too much time in character creation in Baldur's Gate 3. Instead of emerging as a ridiculously good-looking male half-drow ranger like I thought I would, I became a fiery-haired, cute, girly half-elf ranger. Her animal companion is a giant spider. 86 hours into an early access game and I'm still having an unreasonable amount of fun. :giggle:
bg3-halfelf-ranger.jpg

hi just dropping by to say I legit gasped at that profile pic animation

thought my eyes might be playing tricks on me for a sec 👀

very well done lol ♥🎃

hi just dropping by to say I legit gasped at that profile pic animation

thought my eyes might be playing tricks on me for a sec 👀

very well done lol ♥🎃

Thank you! :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed putting together the animation and I hope it entertains. Not too scary... I think. Also, thank you for taking the time to stop by and let me know! (y)

It's finally November! Time to look for cute mushrooms every day. I will enjoy doing this. :)🍄
nov1-mushroom.jpg

Can't wait for the trees to get more orange and red. I'm on a tropical island, so the trees don't change colours here. I remember visiting Wakayama, Japan when it was autumn, some years ago, and it was such a memorable trip. The colours were simply glorious. Autumn is such a beautiful season.
nov1-leaves.jpg

It was raining today, so I ran into Maelle's house for shelter. I still think she has one of the most well decorated homes I've seen. The decor reminds me of my holiday in France 27 years ago. I didn't find Paris particularly charming like most tourists do because I grew up in a city state and Paris felt just like another city in the world to me. (I did enjoy my time at the Louvre.) But... Provence! We spent a week in the countryside, just walking and driving around, drinking coffee in a cafe, roaming lavender and sunflower fields around Arles, eating a simple sandwich lunch by a river or aqueduct, and I was happy and content. It was a wonderful time. 🌻🌻🌻
nov5-maelle-bc.jpg

Fall is such a beautiful season. I love how the orange trees look right now. They aren't my native fruit trees but they're probably my favourite.
nov8-orangetrees.jpg

Many of my islanders are out and about. I saw Dom running circles at the plaza, Wolfgang chilling with a drink, Fuchsia serenading the flowers outside Able Sisters.
nov7-fuchsia.jpg

Finally I found a good spot for the one and only grave on my island. Whose grave is that? It's mine. It's there to remind me that things are impermanent. Life should be savoured and cherished for the here and now, for what I can do for myself and for the people who matter to me. I do not want to take anyone or anything for granted.
nov7-mygrave.jpg

Another gorgeous autumn day. It's been pretty eventful too. Raymond and I had a little mid-morning picnic by the river and he even sang for me! Tip: Always bring a music player! ;)
nov9-ray-b.jpg

Maelle wanted to play a treasure hunt. It'd be our first, so I obliged. I found it pretty quick. :geek:
nov9-maelle-b.jpg

Walking by the beach, I came upon a very familiar wet heap on the sand. :LOL:
nov9-gulliver-b.jpg

But the best thing that happened? I realized some of the trees are turning a deeper orange hue now! Wow. I love this. I can't wait to see red. :eek: I wish all the trees were the same new, deeper colour but I'll take whatever I can get. The rest of November for this journal may be nothing but foliage shots! :love:🍂
nov9-leaves-b.jpg

Thought bubbles. I'd been seeing them a lot lately. There have been requests to play a game, sell or buy an item. Today, Fuchsia wanted me to run an errand and Wolfgang asked if his catchphrase still works. Then, Maelle asked to leave. I was surprised, but I said yes. No resident request to leave is an easy choice. I like all my islanders. I like Maelle. But I know the game would become stale for me if I stopped looking forward to meeting new animals. So, yeah, I'll be doing some mystery island hopping in a couple of days! 🏝
nov10-move1-b.jpg

I spotted Wolfgang, who is indisputably this island's Most Voracious Reader, on the beach. Reading. 📖
nov10-wgreads.jpg

But the highlight of the day belongs to Fuchsia. I mean, she has so much backstory! None of my other residents, not even the ones who have been with me the longest, has half as much personal history or character development as she has. Unpopular opinion ahead: I feel like the uchi personality is the best written one. She's talked about the island she grew up on, her grandparents, her parents, her father's birthday present, the neighbour kid, her tone-deaf friend, the old woman in the park, the band she was a part of, then how they broke up, a fancy dinner party she didn't enjoy, etc. And today, another story that's a first for my ears.
nov10-ftrouble1-tileb.jpg

(y)

Why aren't all the trees turning redder!? 🤨 Still, it's gorgeous. Gorgeous. I love these gorgeous autumnal tones. 🧡
nov12-leaves1.jpg

Went island hopping for a new neighbour! Merengue turned up again. It seems that, every time I go island hopping, I will see Merengue. Unfortunately, the normal personality in this game is so bland and lacklustre, I'm no longer tempted by them. I was most tempted this time around by Pate, Tex and Rizzo. Then Eugene turned up. 😎
nov12-eugene.jpg

Back