• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

AFTER 3 DAYS I FINALLY HAVE A SHINY BRAXIEN HOLLA JESUS

now i got all kanto and kalos 2nd stage shinys :)

Can anyone suggest a tip on how I can nab a Mareep and a Gothlia (shiny)? :) Thank you!

{On other words, my best friend got a shiny zigzagoon via wonder trade for like, a weedle}

Can anyone suggest a tip on how I can nab a Mareep and a Gothlia (shiny)? :) Thank you!

{On other words, my best friend got a shiny zigzagoon via wonder trade for like, a weedle}

You could chain for the mareep. I haven't encountered a wild Gothlia yet, so I don't know if you can chain for one, but you could always try breeding for one with a shiny ditto.

Best of luck with getting your shinies!

{Your friend is seriously lucky btw! I have wonder traded for hours, and the best thing I got was a charizard and jap ditto}

Mareep are only found wild in hordes, so I'm not sure if chaining would work. You'd probably have to breed fpr a shiny (if you do try chaining and it works, let me know, I want to catch a candy floss mareep ;)). As for Gothlia, I've not seen one in x yet, so I don't know if it's available in the wild.

Mareep are only found wild in hordes, so I'm not sure if chaining would work. You'd probably have to breed fpr a shiny (if you do try chaining and it works, let me know, I want to catch a candy floss mareep ;)). As for Gothlia, I've not seen one in x yet, so I don't know if it's available in the wild.

If it only appears in hordes, I have heard rumors that horde battles have a higher chance of a shiny encounter because there are 5 pokemon.

Last edited:
horde for mareep - you have like a 1/2000 chance instead of a 1/8000 chance (go to routes mareep is found on and use sweet scent)

chain for gothorita in pokemon village (idk if you can get gothita but def can get gothorita in PV)

Awesome ! How long did this all take ?

Getting charmeleon, ivysaur, wartortle, quilladin and frogadier took 3 days total. Legit took like 4 days alone just to get Braxien - where I got 3 shiny larvesta and 3 shiny growlithe in the process .-.

Right now I'm working on making another team (training in Normal type FS on Audino w/ Ditto and Teddiursa so hopefully I can nab a shiny Ditto). But then when I've done that I'll get back into shiny hunting, probably gonna try for Snubbull coz it's cute <3

You have lots of time then Jake. I suppose I should try looking for a shiny one day.

Thanks for the offer, and I'll check that out. Not that the offers are ever really all that fair anyways....

Yeah, I get you on that one. I don't know how many people want Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde or one of the leagandary birds for something stupid like Magicarps. I only managed to pick a foreign ditto b/c I stalked forever and had a female Froakie on hand...

Alright, I'll head over there and see if I can get 'em.

Like I said, I'm on the lookout for a Jap. Ditto. I have Pokemon for offer, so don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. I'm not gonna try the GTS because the offers on there are always crazy.

i was trying to hatch some eggs and i came across a shiny whismur without chaining or anything
wow

Fishing chain of 70 and I have yet to find my first ever shiny in my life. Old rod'ing Magikarp... I think I'm too expectant of this method working.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think I'm doing it right. A lot of people are saying that you have to cast out your reel so that it's touching rocks? I'm fishing on the edge of a wall in a river. The reel is touching the side of the river - is this a problem? I'd appreciate an answer guys!

Back